Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-23-2002, 02:13 AM   #1
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
Dumb question

Can you bolt a larger head on a 1.8 m10. I have heard of people doing stuff like that to boost hp. . I figured out all that is wrong with my last engine is the head. Anyone know of the cost of of a head rebuild( including cam). I have heard of people "stroking" a engine. Is any of this possible on a 1.8?.
Just a bunch of questions to help me decide on weather to keep the car off the road and save for a biggerengine or do a bit here and there and have something to drive
Old 12-23-2002, 02:32 AM   #2
piotrek636
formerly Lucky

I dont even have a bimmer yet, so I cant help you there, however

these guys have superchargers for 318's, that is one way to gain some HP on a 318 motor,

http://www.fastlinemotorsport.com/BMWParts/parts.html

its something I looked in to if I ended up with a 318 and wanted to keep it and mod it later.
piotrek636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 02:35 AM   #3
Jase
twisted beyond reason

thanks..but if I was going to spend 3 g on a supercharger and another 2G rebuilding the engine so it will be able to handle it. I will just drop in a bigger engine. thanks for the reply though
Old 12-23-2002, 02:37 AM   #4
Jase
twisted beyond reason

I have even considered bastardizing my bimmer with a large 6 or 8..non bmw engine. ......remember guys I am just considering it ...........ok. So nobody start getting upset. I just remember cost of parts availability of the engines and decent hp. It is easy to find a 200 hp domestic. or a 250hp 8 cyl
Old 12-23-2002, 03:48 AM   #5
Slowered318
tick.tick.tick.tick.tick

just drop in a LT1 and who cares if people don't like it.. you'll be dusting everyone on this board for less money then some peoples rims
Old 12-23-2002, 03:52 AM   #6
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jase
I have even considered bastardizing my bimmer with a large 6 or 8..non bmw engine. ......remember guys I am just considering it ...........ok. So nobody start getting upset. I just remember cost of parts availability of the engines and decent hp. It is easy to find a 200 hp domestic. or a 250hp 8 cyl
Cheapest way for you to get good power is to get 325 parts car and wap engines... Its not a big job (compared to making a domestic engine work in a bimmer!) so it not worth bothering with the small 4...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 03:56 AM   #7
SpoolinS6
6th Gear Member

well i have the answer for u
ur car is a 318 right drop a 2L of a 2002 on it and get the valves done and put a small gasket to increase the compression and put a cam with higher lobes for better breating of the motor!
then just add a set of pistons and rings!

MY PLAN IS BEING BUILT RIGHT NOW!
thats what im doing to my 316 but mines going to the extreme im going with a 316 block and droping on it a 318 head with racing cam and the head with port and polish and race carburators! thats my motor right there and in the future a set of racing 2002 tii pistons!
Old 12-23-2002, 04:01 AM   #8
Jase
twisted beyond reason

or just drop in a corvette motor lol
Old 12-23-2002, 04:09 AM   #9
Slowered318
tick.tick.tick.tick.tick

Quote:
Originally posted by Slowered318
just drop in a LT1 and who cares if people don't like it.. you'll be dusting everyone on this board for less money then some peoples rims
that's what i'm talking about.. but it's gonna take one hell of a mechanic to do the job right
Old 12-23-2002, 04:11 AM   #10
Slowered318
tick.tick.tick.tick.tick

Quote:
Originally posted by M_powered
well i have the answer for u
ur car is a 318 right drop a 2L of a 2002 on it and get the valves done and put a small gasket to increase the compression and put a cam with higher lobes for better breating of the motor!
then just add a set of pistons and rings!

MY PLAN IS BEING BUILT RIGHT NOW!
thats what im doing to my 316 but mines going to the extreme im going with a 316 block and droping on it a 318 head with racing cam and the head with port and polish and race carburators! thats my motor right there and in the future a set of racing 2002 tii pistons!
any cool tricks for the M42 engine?
Old 12-23-2002, 04:30 AM   #11
Jase
twisted beyond reason

most domestic engines are not that hard to put in. I called my brother-in-law asked him if he could make ma engine mounts and help me tie the frame. I have a friend with alt1 out of a 94 Z28 with a 6 speed gearbox. The only problem would be driveshaft and rear end
Old 12-23-2002, 02:19 PM   #12
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

put a supra tt engine in, if you can get the tires to hook...you'll be hitting high 12s stock..no doubt! and the supra engines are bullet proof! you can make like 600hp on STOCK internals!

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: