Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-21-2007, 11:11 AM   #1
g-unit
Pilipino ako

anybody remove their CDV on their 5er?

seems like an easy thing to do...but im a chicken, i dont want to F things up and cost me even more...

http://www.zeckhausen.com/CDV.htm#In...0Zeck%20Racing

supposedly it helps the jerking between shifts...

i was just worried about bleeding the clutch after, i dont know how!
also, if your out of warranty, u dont need to buy the replacement valve, simply rehook up the lines w/out the valve.
  • Tint
  • Ice - Alpine
g-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:17 AM   #2
Blades
Your opinion is to long

DO IT!!! I did it on my 3 and what a difference. Its so retarded that they put it in .. its like they made it harder for people that know how to drive stick and easy for beginners that dont know what there doin.

Take it to Rocco at RMP

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:19 AM   #3
g-unit
Pilipino ako

how do u bleed the clutch after, i think i can handle this on my own, just need instructions.
  • Tint
  • Ice - Alpine
Old 03-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #4
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-unit
how do u bleed the clutch after, i think i can handle this on my own, just need instructions.
I dunno .. RMP took care of mine while I went in for an oil change or something. I know if you google it you will find the instructions .. I seen them somewhere before.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Old 03-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #5
g-unit
Pilipino ako

what it cost you?
  • Tint
  • Ice - Alpine
Old 03-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #6
Blades
Your opinion is to long

dont remember .. it was so long ago. call RMP and ask

905-951-0002

Old 03-21-2007, 04:24 PM   #7
chromius
6th Gear Member

It's one of the easiest things you could possibly do. If you can change your oil, you can do it. Takes about 20-30 min, and costs 0 dollars (except for maybe a little brake fluid)

Make sure to clamp off the rubber part of the Clutch hydraulic line so the fluid doesn't all drain out, this will make bleeding it much quicker.

Then simply use an 11mm flare wrench to take off the hard line fitting to CDV. Then remove the CDV. Carefully bend the hard line to match up with the slave cylinder and start the threads in by hand (don't strip them!). Tighten it up. remove the clamp on the rubber line.

To bleed the clutch, get a length of clear plastic hose, put it over the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder, and route the hose into a catch bottle of some sort. Over fill your brake fluid resevoir so that you don't drain it (make sure to get the fluid into the back compartment). Then get back underneath the car, loosen the bleed screw, then get a friend to push the clutch to the floor (don't let it back up). Close the bleed screw, and pull the clutch pedal back up...open the bleed screw again...and repeat until you don't see anymore air bubbles in the line. If you clamped off the hose well enough earlier, it should only take a few pumps to get it bled.

You will fall in love with your car all over again when you are done.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:32 PM   #8
Desisuperman
4th Gear Member

best mod ever!

01 540i-M 6spd
Desisuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:20 AM   #9
g-unit
Pilipino ako

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius
It's one of the easiest things you could possibly do. If you can change your oil, you can do it. Takes about 20-30 min, and costs 0 dollars (except for maybe a little brake fluid)

Make sure to clamp off the rubber part of the Clutch hydraulic line so the fluid doesn't all drain out, this will make bleeding it much quicker.

Then simply use an 11mm flare wrench to take off the hard line fitting to CDV. Then remove the CDV. Carefully bend the hard line to match up with the slave cylinder and start the threads in by hand (don't strip them!). Tighten it up. remove the clamp on the rubber line.

To bleed the clutch, get a length of clear plastic hose, put it over the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder, and route the hose into a catch bottle of some sort. Over fill your brake fluid resevoir so that you don't drain it (make sure to get the fluid into the back compartment). Then get back underneath the car, loosen the bleed screw, then get a friend to push the clutch to the floor (don't let it back up). Close the bleed screw, and pull the clutch pedal back up...open the bleed screw again...and repeat until you don't see anymore air bubbles in the line. If you clamped off the hose well enough earlier, it should only take a few pumps to get it bled.

You will fall in love with your car all over again when you are done.
thx bro! maybe this weekend. The 1-2 shift pi$$es me off....
  • Tint
  • Ice - Alpine
Old 03-23-2007, 09:11 AM   #10
Xakep
6th Gear of JOY

had CDV removed at RMP about a month ago, i've heard people say good things about it (CDV) not being present there, but of course i didn't think it's gonna be SUCH a difference. absolutely love it. so go for it.
if you do it yourself i think you'll need couple of your frirends to help you bleed the clutch, unless you have that preassure tool. there's a LOT of write ups on the net about CDV, just give it a quick search, i'm sure tons of sites will come up. and good luck, let us know how you like the new feel after.
Xakep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:22 PM   #11
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

My 540i has the CDV still in place. I drove one without and "WOW"
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:41 AM   #12
Mohamed 525i
Blond Eagle

I did mine but not that wowo coz it is E34 with E39 tranny

E34 540i Manual
Eibakh Pro Kit | Blistein Shocks | EAT Chip | Racing Dynamics Front Stressbar | Racing Dynamics Swaybar Kit | 850cis Front Brake Kit | Zimmerman Cross-Drilled Brake Rotors All Arround | Hawk Street And Racing Brake Pads |Angel Eyes | 8000k HID Xenon Kit All Arround | Plasma Coils | JB Racing Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel

SOLD!! E38 740il

Searching for E39 M5 .......
Mohamed 525i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:08 PM   #13
Fern
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades
dont remember .. it was so long ago. call RMP and ask

905-951-0002

I guess its worth the drive to Bolton...
How busy is Rocco?
Would I have to make an appointment say for a Saturday morning?
I know, I know, give him a call, I'm to lazy and besides its long distance for me ... will call him from work.

'99 BMW 540i6 (black on black)
'99 Lexus Rx300
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:48 PM   #14
X5HogTown
Goin' Diesel

Charlie just removed mine from the X5. Huge difference between first and second. It was very difficult to get a smooth shifting without some bucking. Now it's a smooth shift everytime. Wish I did this years ago!
X5HogTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:38 PM   #15
speedemn
2nd Gear Member

Anyone got any feedback on how much RMP charges for this?
speedemn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: