Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-23-2007, 02:07 PM   #16
Furious
BMW again.

FI is not cheap, like in the other thread about ebay kits, it seems like its an affordable project but in the end the cost will be just as much as a kit would have cost you. believe me ive seen it time and time again people spending so much extra to get things done proper. be very careful when choosing your routes and dont forget when you go with a kit, your going with a proven setup. id personally look into swapping your motor for a 325 (preferably non-vanos) and than start venturing into FI as im sure you can pick up a 2.5 for cheap and there is more options for the 2.5 in terms of compatability and tunning.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:39 PM   #17
Souvrain
Jammin

Send a message via MSN to Souvrain
yup thanks ! shur a 2.5 is cool .. but at europart where i pick my stuff for my car kind of a high end scarp ! lol anyway he got a 3.0 from a 330ci 6speed for 2000$ with 40xxxkm on it ... wonder want kind of a shitty swamp is that ! cuz for around 2000$ damn ...

he do a 2.5 for around the same price ... i know the guy well so he said he almost give the motor to me .. lol but as for the 2.5 or 3.0 i dont know ... wich one is better for turbo ..and the transmision to ? do the 6 speed gona take a turbo well .. i dont know that stuff if you can clear me up ??Thanks !
Souvrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:19 PM   #18
jeffrie
Addict

3.0L with a 6 speed for 2 G's?
Come with the engine harness and fly by wire gas pedel as well?
If so you must know this guy well....

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 03:38 PM   #19
JMW
Pole busted to boosted.

the 6 speed out of a euro m3???

no point..the 6 speed is an over drive gear to save gase on the hwy

Official Team BIMMERSPORTAUTOMOTIVE vehicle owner.
support: thanks to. Bimmersport automotive and audio 2 go (ATG motoring)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid
"i saw your car there when i was there a few weeks ago, looks absolutely stunning man. I think i popped a ****ing boner, that paint looks sick
JMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #20
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrie
3.0L with a 6 speed for 2 G's?
Come with the engine harness and fly by wire gas pedel as well?
If so you must know this guy well....

fly by wire

It's drive by wire, it's not a plane
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:32 AM   #21
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW
the 6 speed out of a euro m3???

no point..the 6 speed is an over drive gear to save gase on the hwy
True, but mix it with a 3.46LSD and yyou have a close ratio 6speed tranny...better accelleration maintining top end speed. Get one neil I can find you one.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:59 AM   #22
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
SC'ing is much easier, but yes turbo has better gains.
Depends on your experience. Id say turbo is easier (and better to work on), its more spaced out...instead of the RMS stage 2 setup, its a bitch to work on.

My advice is do what furious said, we have a few non vanos going for cheap...we can ship it to you no probs. They have a lower compression ratio, dual valve springs, no vanos (easier for tuning), and also the cylinder walls are slightly thicker than the vanos counter-part and also the connecting rods are as, or thicker than E36 M3 if I recall correctly.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 03-25-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:16 PM   #23
Furious
BMW again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze
Depends on your experience. Id say turbo is easier (and better to work on), its more spaced out...instead of the RMS stage 2 setup, its a bitch to work on.

My advice is do what furious said, we have a few non vanos going for cheap...we can ship it to you no probs. They have a lower compression ratio, dual valve springs, no vanos (easier for tuning), and also the cylinder walls are slightly thicker than the vanos counter-part and also the connecting rods are as, or thicker than E36 M3 if I recall correctly.
your correct, the reason the non-vanos is the boost happy of the e36 engines were because the rods were a thicker non tapered style. and the cyl walls were thick and strong.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:43 PM   #24
Souvrain
Jammin

cool guys !! thanks for the advice you make me think twice .. the engine that is for sale is not a euro ! its supose to be a 330ci 2002 or ..newer ..anyway i dont because its just th emotor the car it self was wreck ..!but anyway till we have nicer weather i got time to think ! but continiu let loos yur mind ! thanks again !
Old 03-26-2007, 07:43 PM   #25
Souvrain
Jammin

cool guys !! thanks for the advice you make me think twice .. the engine that is for sale is not a euro ! its supose to be a 330ci 2002 or ..newer ..anyway i dont because its just th emotor the car it self was wreck ..!but anyway till we have nicer weather i got time to think ! but continiu let loos yur mind ! thanks again !

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: