Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-15-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
mirek
6th Gear Member

Opinion on toyo proxes t1s?

Anyone run them?
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:39 PM   #2
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirek
Anyone run them?
I've used them since the year they came out (2005). I just bought a new set last September. They are great on the track or street and work well in the rain or wet conditions.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
mirek
6th Gear Member

How do you feel about running different tires on front and rear? I can get these for a decent price, but only a pair.... I'm trying to find them locally new for a good price too, but it's hard.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:11 PM   #4
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
How do you feel about running different tires on front and rear? I can get these for a decent price, but only a pair.... I'm trying to find them locally new for a good price too, but it's hard.

Personally, I'd never run different brands as the performance is not going to be the same. It's not what you would want on the track where you don't want the adhesion to be different from front to rear.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:11 PM   #5
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
I owned a set, they're amazing. They're great in the rain too. They've been discontinued for a while though. They've been replaced by the T1-R, which is what I currently run now.

I'd also advise against running two different sets of tires, although if they're evenly matched you'll be fine. If you don't plan on driving hard, put the grippier tires on the front, you never know when you need to slam your brakes.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:14 PM   #6
mirek
6th Gear Member

Cool, I guess i'll pick them up.. what do you recommend I pick up for the other two? t1-r's?
Old 03-15-2007, 09:20 PM   #7
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Cool, I guess i'll pick them up.. what do you recommend I pick up for the other two? t1-r's?

Thinair just made me realise I have T1S's also. I had thought the T1R is the track tire, but I have the street version. (track tire is the RA1). I paid around $250 each installed and balanced for 245/45/17, and then got a $120 rebate from Toyo. They will probably have that rebate again this year, it's available if you buy 4 tires.

Last edited by MarkD; 03-15-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:10 PM   #8
mirek
6th Gear Member

i'm getting a pair of almost brand new ones, balanced, and installed, for 150$
Old 03-16-2007, 02:19 AM   #9
ZHP_Bimmer05
Photographer/DJ/Engineer

Send a message via MSN to ZHP_Bimmer05
i just bought them for my 330i ZHP, 225/35/19 in the front, and 275/30/19 in the rear on 8.5 and 10 wide rims. I put them on the Iforged Aero rim. Runs beautiful, hard on the road, but looks sexy.
ZHP_Bimmer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:17 AM   #10
Bill Gates
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Bill Gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair
I owned a set, they're amazing. They're great in the rain too. They've been discontinued for a while though. They've been replaced by the T1-R, which is what I currently run now.

I'd also advise against running two different sets of tires, although if they're evenly matched you'll be fine. If you don't plan on driving hard, put the grippier tires on the front, you never know when you need to slam your brakes.
Hey Mirek, i was running T1-S, and now T1-R's with same results as Nelson. the wear is moderate, but well worth it as they perform very well (wet or dry).
Old 03-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #11
Zim Zimma
3rd Gear Member

Mirek what size of tire do you need.. I have 2 T1-S sitting in the garage not being used. I believe they have about 60% tread left.
Zim Zimma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: