Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-20-2002, 12:00 AM   #1
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Door Panel

Anyone, know how to open the door panel on a 328is??

I wanna fix my window, it keeps slipping so I need to open it up.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:26 AM   #2
Harry
4th Gear Member

There are 2 bolts under the door pull on the inside of the door. U wil notice 2 little push in things. U need to also remove the trim around the door hendle on the inside. The rest of the panel clips on to the metal. Be careful at the top of the panel as it is easy to break the pressboard that the panel is made from. Hope u can make sense of this.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 12:30 AM   #3
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry
There are 2 bolts under the door pull on the inside of the door. U wil notice 2 little push in things. U need to also remove the trim around the door hendle on the inside. The rest of the panel clips on to the metal. Be careful at the top of the panel as it is easy to break the pressboard that the panel is made from. Hope u can make sense of this.
Ok Im gonna go check now, keep eye on this thread, thanks buddy
Old 12-20-2002, 12:52 AM   #4
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Ok it looks like there is two parts to the door panel. The one piece of plastic where the door handle is on and the other piece of plastic where you can store things on the lower half of the door. Now this part encircles the part where the door handle is. Actually there are two door handles, one to open the door and the other handle where you hold on to when someone is driving fast in the car. Underneath the second handle (that you hold on to) there are two little screws, do I remove these? I cant find any screws or anything else on the bottom of the door or anything else.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:54 AM   #5
Harry
4th Gear Member

Yes, those are the 2 to remove. thee are no oter screws holding the door on as far as i am aware. The rest are just push in clips.

U need to remove the little piece of plastic trim that surrounds the door handle used to opent the door. U need to slide it forward half an inch to make it let go.
Old 12-20-2002, 01:01 AM   #6
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry
Yes, those are the 2 to remove. thee are no oter screws holding the door on as far as i am aware. The rest are just push in clips.

U need to remove the little piece of plastic trim that surrounds the door handle used to opent the door. U need to slide it forward half an inch to make it let go.
Ok, thank you, but then only that center piece comes off right? not the outer panel that encircles the center piece correct?
Old 12-20-2002, 01:02 AM   #7
Harry
4th Gear Member

its the cir;lce part that sits on the leather that comes off. the part with the door release dosent come off. When the panel is removed, the release is still attached to the metal skin of the door.
Old 12-20-2002, 01:11 AM   #8
Harry
4th Gear Member

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MKGino, look at this thread. I made pictured to show someone before, it should tell u everything u need to know.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: