Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Eurostyle Design
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #91
DriveItSideways
Banned

Yes i do have some kind of a shop, and just because i do, doesnt mean i should know automatically what tranny would work in a car.. im not a know it all and never made any of you think i am. I am not a liscenced mechanic. I have many customers have bmw's and mercedez yada yada yada, but i will only do maintenance work for these customers, id rather not get involved with these highly technical vehicles.
Again, what does all this have to do with the situation at hand??? why is everyone shying away from the truth???
Seems to me that more than one person on this forum has something against me.

Paul your an audio guy right? can you tell me what type of speakers came in my 85 maserati biturbo? and also what ohms are they running at? Also can you tell me the speakers from my dodge dakota will work in replacement of my front speakers in the maserati?? If you can answer these right i will bow down and call you king.

Last edited by DriveItSideways; 02-25-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:39 PM   #92
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout_E36
The car is on the hoist, with both tranny's sitting on the ground.
I was listing the car while it was not ready so that if i did find someone,
i would stress the importance of getting the car ready..

I cant justify bringing the car into the busy shop i run, tie up the hoist for so long without a buyer..
i end up lossing money on that hoist every hour of everyday. This is why i had to wait aslong as i did.

Well i finally found someone last week, brought the car in,
took the tranny out, got ready to put the new one in but wait...
it wont work.
do you not even see the contradiction of your statements?
1) "with both tranny's sitting on the ground." this did tie up your hoist & shop.
2) but you "cant justify bringing the car into the busy shop i run, tie up the hoist for so long without a buyer..
i end up lossing money on that hoist every hour of everyday."

your probably not going to get what im saying, but whatever.
you already tied up your hoist & 'lost time', so why not waste a little more?
I mean who buys a car with a blown tranny (especially from a shop)??
how can you test drive it to even check for a multitude of other problems?
you can't therefor if fixing cars to sell them is your biz/hobby you 1st need to "fix" them.

also when you originally had the 2 tranny's side by side why didn't you notice these issues immediately?????
again do you not see the contradictions cause thats what im seeing.
was it even really You or just some employee that didn't take note for You cause he doesn't care??

lasty I know the europarts guy around here would charge way more then $200for a tranny.
can you not just sell the tranny listing it at $400? you'll probably get $300,
person can drive to your shop & buy it. lots of shops sell parts.

look no offence but i think your just typing out of frustration induced anger here.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:40 PM   #93
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R
But does it at least bolt up?

I seriously need a transmission.

It will bolt up, but it sits on an angle so with that said.. it would be normal to think if the tranny is sitting cockeyed, the gear shift lever will not be straight? Also you will need to lengthen the electrical connector wire, plus replace the electrical connection on the tranny, and then replace the slave cylinder BUT your pedal will 100% feel different that the current one in there, im willing to bet another 200 on this.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:43 PM   #94
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro
do you not even see the contradiction of your statements?
1) "with both tranny's sitting on the ground." this did tie up your hoist & shop.
2) but you "cant justify bringing the car into the busy shop i run, tie up the hoist for so long without a buyer..
i end up lossing money on that hoist every hour of everyday."

your probably not going to get what im saying, but whatever.
you already tied up your hoist & 'lost time', so why not waste a little more?
I mean who buys a car with a blown tranny (especially from a shop)??
how can you test drive it to even check for a multitude of other problems?
you can't therefor if fixing cars to sell them is your biz/hobby you 1st need to "fix" them.

also when you originally had the 2 tranny's side by side why didn't you notice these issues immediately?????
again do you not see the contradictions cause thats what im seeing.
was it even really You or just some employee that didn't take note for You cause he doesn't care??

lasty I know the europarts guy around here would charge way more then $200for a tranny.
can you not just sell the tranny listing it at $400? you'll probably get $300,
person can drive to your shop & buy it. lots of shops sell parts.

look no offence but i think your just typing out of frustration induced anger here.
You simply dont know enough about the situation to make statements like you are.
The problem with MY tranny was that second gear had a slight knotch when selected. So it was totally test driveable.
I took it upon myself to fix this for whoever bought the car, i wanted to sell a good car, which i intend on doing.
When i brought the car in, i was under the impression that it would be a straigt swap like Fil said so there would have been no tie up
Now do you understand??
Old 02-25-2007, 05:45 PM   #95
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

While I'm not going to take sides here as I don't know either of you.

BUT... In all honesty... Normally when people are out to buy parts, be it new or used, they do some research BEFORE the fact to make sure what they can and cannot use in their particular application.

IMO, it's not 100% Eurostyle's or Bimmersports fault that YOU bought a tranny that doesn't work. Let alone the fact that you bought a 4cyl tranny for a 6cyl car would have raised a flag in my head, but that's just me.

If you're the business person you say you are, and manage a company that deals with automotive parts, then you should know to trust no one. And while dealing with new parts isn't as bad, buying used parts and trying to return them months later is a much different story IMO.

I mean, there's so much information available these days within a few mins, heck even 30 mins of your time before the purchase of the part would have saved everyone from this head ache.

On top of this, I hardly see that you could be in any way a professional by using the language you have in this thread.

Quote:
Terry, thanks for your generosity.. but id rather give the tranny to someone in need of it rather than a child hiding behind a keyboard.

"just trust Fil on this one" lol your a joke pal, after this i wouldnt trust you with a dollar.

In all fairness, ive learned my lesson here. Dont deal with small time business people with lack of management skill. Always do reasearch before making a purchase, and never trust someone that says "just trust me". So i thank you for that Fil and i bid you good luck on your future in the service industry.

For those that can see the truth for what it is, learn from my mistake!!
Old 02-25-2007, 05:51 PM   #96
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR
While I'm not going to take sides here as I don't know either of you.

BUT... In all honesty... Normally when people are out to buy parts, be it new or used, they do some research BEFORE the fact to make sure what they can and cannot use in their particular application.

IMO, it's not 100% Eurostyle's or Bimmersports fault that YOU bought a tranny that doesn't work. Let alone the fact that you bought a 4cyl tranny for a 6cyl car would have raised a flag in my head, but that's just me.

If you're the business person you say you are, and manage a company that deals with automotive parts, then you should know to trust no one. And while dealing with new parts isn't as bad, buying used parts and trying to return them months later is a much different story IMO.

I mean, there's so much information available these days within a few mins, heck even 30 mins of your time before the purchase of the part would have saved everyone from this head ache.

On top of this, I hardly see that you could be in any way a professional by using the language you have in this thread.

Show me where i swore or tore into others in this thread like how everyone has sworn at and torn into me. And im the one that got stiffed by the part supplier...
I have done nothing but reply in my own deffence. Afterall it is me against all of you.
If you cant give me the opportunity to defend myself then there is no point in any of this.
Im appauled that max moderators have not said anything, I have posted nothing but true facts, nothing in what i have said is false.. so why is everyone against me???
There are people here that have something against me, maybe even mods.

edit : I agree with you notorious in the fact that i didnt do enough research. You are totally right, and i already stated the fact that i recognize my mistake for trusting Fil aka Eurostyles word.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #97
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

I have nothing againt you at all man,but I think there is date base for part numbers at the shop that could have help you out abit more,and for the car you are asking about the speakers if I "REMEBER" they run 2way kit up and the same in the back,and back than they ran a massed up ohms set-up like GM so 6ohms,it has been along time for me to see Mareati biturbo....I maybe off abit with this but hey is all good,I can find out more if you what to know more and if know what they are that is too....
Old 02-25-2007, 05:55 PM   #98
VSanj
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Vsanj, thanks for your input but your lack of technical knowlege on this particular subject makes you look like a donkey in a horse race, but i appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let me know how you feel on the situation anyhow.

Fil, if your saying Charlie said that tranny will work with no modification, your pretty much insulting his knowledge on the subject.And if i was Charlie and saw this, i would forsure not be happy with how Fil is tossing around my name like it was a ball. If Charlie really did say it will work with no problem, i dont understand how ppl are so happy with his work. I posted the differences for everyone to see, its obvious it wont work.

lol this community is a joke, no wonder all the intresting people have left.. you can add me to the list.

If anyone wants a free 318 tranny, you can come pick it up anytime next week, pm me for my location.

Sadly my freind, YOUR the one is looks like a idiot here, ask anyone on here...you are in the wrong.......deal with it!

P.S I dont need much technical knowledge to know you are being a immature cry baby here
Old 02-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #99
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul christians
I have nothing againt you at all man,but I think there is date base for part numbers at the shop that could have help you out abit more,and for the car you are asking about the speakers if I "REMEBER" they run 2way kit up and the same in the back,and back than they ran a massed up ohms set-up like GM so 6ohms,it has been along time for me to see Mareati biturbo....I maybe off abit with this but hey is all good,I can find out more if you what to know more and if know what they are that is too....
Thanks but no thanks, i was simply using that as an example that just because your an audio guy you dont know everything about audio. Just like how i manage an auto repair shop, i dont know everything about cars.
Yes i could have done more research, but i knew Fil, he was good to me in the past, so i thought i could trust him, afterall i was a loyal customer, and no business owner in there right mind would ruin that type of relationship especially over $200
Old 02-25-2007, 05:58 PM   #100
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
You simply dont know enough about the situation to make statements like you are.
The problem with MY tranny was that second gear had a slight knotch when selected. So it was totally test driveable.
I took it upon myself to fix this for whoever bought the car, i wanted to sell a good car, which i intend on doing.
When i brought the car in, i was under the impression that it would be a straigt swap like Fil said so there would have been no tie up
Now do you understand??
well sorry for my ignorance all i've got are your eurostyle is a 'lying thief' posts to go on.

and again you're condraticting yourself.
we both know test drivable or not
the car without the "story" and the fk'd second gear sell for more and sell quicker..

regardless of what impressions your were under you said you had both tranny's out, side by side,
days after purchase
why did you wait 60+ days to mention this HUGE problem??
and then when you finally do mention the problem it's by dropping the this guys a 'lying thief' bomb??

again i don't know either of you.
I've been burned too, but sorry the last thing you've managed to do is make me feel sorry for you.

carry on though

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 02-25-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:58 PM   #101
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
It will bolt up, but it sits on an angle so with that said.. it would be normal to think if the tranny is sitting cockeyed, the gear shift lever will not be straight? Also you will need to lengthen the electrical connector wire, plus replace the electrical connection on the tranny, and then replace the slave cylinder BUT your pedal will 100% feel different that the current one in there, im willing to bet another 200 on this.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:59 PM   #102
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSanj
Sadly my freind, YOUR the one is looks like a idiot here, ask anyone on here...you are in the wrong.......deal with it!

P.S I dont need much technical knowledge to know you are being a immature cry baby here

Thanks again bud, its good to know where your at on everything.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:00 PM   #103
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R
Its funny you post that, that was my expression when i found out i got scammed.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:02 PM   #104
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro
well sorry for my ignorance all i've got are your eurostyle is a 'lying thief' posts to go on.

and again you're condraticting yourself.
we both know test drivable or not the car without the "story" and the fk'd second gear sell for more and sell quicker..

regardless of what impressions your were under you said you had both tranny's out, side by side, days after purchase
why did you wait 60+ days to mention this HUGE problem??
and then when you finally do mention the problem it's by dropping the this guys a 'lying thief' bomb??

again i don't know either of you.
I've been burned too, but sorry the last thing you've managed to do is make me feel sorry for you.

carry on though

Dude your way off. I HAVENT STARTED THE SWAP UNTIL A COUPLE DAYS AGO, i said right NOW the trannys are on the ground.
2 months ago the car was together and unsold.
last week the car got sold and i started the job
For 2 months the tranny sat under my desk in my office covered with rags.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:03 PM   #105
VSanj
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Thanks again bud, its good to know where your at on everything.

No prob.............if you need anything else.....just holla at your boy!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: