Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Eurostyle Design
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 08:33 AM   #46
shimajer
loudddddd

I bought my car 3 years ago and now I am going to get a refund from the dealership because I prefer a m3.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:27 AM   #47
DriveItSideways
Banned

Fil, when we did this business transaction, did you tell me this tranny will fit WITH NO PROBLEM?????????

If i knew that i would have to change the slave i wouldnt not have bought this off you, i would have found one that was a straight bolt in because this i is a car im selling, not my own car that im driving...

YOU SOLD ME SOMTHING AND YOU LIED ABOUT IT
YOU ARE A LIAR.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:33 AM   #48
DriveItSideways
Banned

Fil im prepared to make a deal infront of everyone here.

If i can prove "with pics" that the tranny will not fit in two different ways, will you refund my $200? the 200 i spent thinking this tranny will work with no modifications.

There are two things that are differnt with the tranny and im prepared to show you all that Fil sold me a tranny and lied to me that it would fit with no problem.

Im at home now but about to go to the shop to snap some pics.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:42 AM   #49
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R
I think it would also have to do with the fact that it seems like the OP had lied to Fil, stating that the car it was going on was sold, and he needed it the next day.

2 months > next day.

And also, if the part in question (slave cylinder) was wrong, and the correct fitment part was offered for FREE, then I see no problem in this.

Say I was to buy a playstation off of you, because I wanted to play it tomorrow, although the video cable to my TV wasn't the right cable (S-video instead of A/V). You said "if it doesn't work, bring it right back to me and i'll give you a refund". Time went by, and 2 months later I finally plugged it into my TV (what happened to me wanting to play it tomorrow?). I find out the cable is wrong. Nothing wrong with the Playstation. I call you up and tell you I want a refund. You tell me you will provide me with an appropriate cable FOR FREE. (perfectly good deal). I tell you "no dice" and I want either a full refund, or for half of my money back PLUS keep the playstation. Would you give me a full refund, even though I am being a unreasonable?
Hmm.. I see, it seems like there is an 'unwritten' rule for everything then. Just as with any business transactoin, theres just a lack of communication, lack of explaining of conditions of the sale which would be on the seller's part. If Fil was doing this for a while it would make sense to provide some sort of return condition for mechanical parts.

BUT I can see Judge Judy awarding the money to Mike since it sounds like he has a good case. I would NOT take this to court though, I think it's a dumb idea and I'd personally would be more than happy with Fil's offer if i was Mike.

The Playstation is a bad comparison though, it loses value like crazy especially since prices of them drop monthly for 6 years until a new system comes out.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:42 AM   #50
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Blackedout_E36 - I don't understand your problem. PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES. I bet you have too - He's offering to make it right and THAT SHOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU. It's not going to cost you anything to make it right, so what's your problem?

Secondly, where are you going to find a working tranny for $200? Say you do get your money back - Now what? You're going to to go spend MORE money instead of taking the freee cylinder? Doesn't make much business sense there...

Deep

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 02-25-2007, 10:44 AM   #51
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7
Hmm.. I see, it seems like there is an 'unwritten' rule for everything then. Just as with any business transactoin, theres just a lack of communication, lack of explaining of conditions of the sale which would be on the seller's part. If Fil was doing this for a while it would make sense to provide some sort of return condition for mechanical parts.

BUT I can see Judge Judy awarding the money to Mike since it sounds like he has a good case. I would NOT take this to court though, I think it's a dumb idea and I'd personally would be more than happy with Fil's offer if i was Mike.

The Playstation is a bad comparison though, it loses value like crazy especially since prices of them drop monthly for 6 years until a new system comes out.
You are DEAD wrong... Fil would have a very strong case and I doubt he would lose. He's offered to make it right at no cost to the customer, well after a reasonable return period. Fil's right - you should have bought your tranny at Walmart if you wanted to return it so much later...

Deep

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 02-25-2007, 10:45 AM   #52
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle
I deal with Bimmersport on daily basis, and many of the parts sold/used by him are from Eurostyle!

ahhh... Fil, I bought eyelids for my E30 5 years ago... I never installed them and sold my E30... I want my money back.... you said that they'd take 1 or 2 coats of paint.... I had to put 4 - one primer, two coats of paint, and one high gloss coat... that's 4.. you said 2...

i will contact you 3 years from now.... thanks!

mike
Old 02-25-2007, 10:50 AM   #53
VSanj
6th Gear Member

^^LMAO.......................Fil is 120% right in this man!
Old 02-25-2007, 11:18 AM   #54
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Blacked out unfortunately sounds like a whining 2 year old calling his mom a lier after she said she was going to take him to the fair 2 months ago.
You buy a tranny(and not the fun kind either) for 200,
You get offered a part for free 2 MONTHS later to correct a POSSIBLE(it was confirmed by a mechanic that it would fit) misunderstanding, and now are trying to milk a stone.
What happened to the sold 320' that was sold 2 months ago?

I sell used parts for Rovers, if there is a problem with a part and you talk to me1-2-3 weeks later, I can probably do something about it, 2 months later, forget it. This is a USED part. You want 5 year warranty with documented paperwork, go spend 2000$ at Mr Transmition.

IMO being offered a FREE part to correct the problem is a very feasable solution and shows EXCELLENT Customer Service on EUrostyle's part.

My 2Cents, take it for what it is.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
Old 02-25-2007, 11:26 AM   #55
DriveItSideways
Banned

almost ready for those pics.

I thought about this alot since yesterday and i dont think i will take this to small claims... this tranny that i got off Fil will probably be thrown into the back of my truck with the rest of the scrap metal back there. Why? i dont want to give Fil the satisfaction of selling it again and making a double profit on my $200 loss, think what you want but i can afford to make this decision.

What alot of people here dont understand is that this is a sold car, this is not my car to start making modifications too. If Fil told me that i would have to make any kind of mod i would not have made the purchase. He reasured me to many times, lied to me over max, on the phone, and to my face. This is a max sponser, who lied to a max member, and if anyone cant see any bad in this then something isnt right here

If this is a mistake like some of you say, why do i have to pay for his mistake that he could of EASILY avoided. All he would have to say at the begining of the sale is that "mike this tranny will fit but you gotta buy a slavecylinder"
Fil is a smart man when it comes to bmw's, he knew i was looking for a straight bolt in part, and he sold me on it thinking it was but knowing it wasnt.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:35 AM   #56
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout_E36
almost ready for those pics.

I thought about this alot since yesterday and i dont think i will take this to small claims... this tranny that i got off Fil will probably be thrown into the back of my truck with the rest of the scrap metal back there. Why? i dont want to give Fil the satisfaction of selling it again and making a double profit on my $200 loss, think what you want but i can afford to make this decision.

What alot of people here dont understand is that this is a sold car, this is not my car to start making modifications too. If Fil told me that i would have to make any kind of mod i would not have made the purchase. He reasured me to many times, lied to me over max, on the phone, and to my face. This is a max sponser, who lied to a max member, and if anyone cant see any bad in this then something isnt right here

If this is a mistake like some of you say, why do i have to pay for his mistake that he could of EASILY avoided. All he would have to say at the begining of the sale is that "mike this tranny will fit but you gotta buy a slavecylinder"
Fil is a smart man when it comes to bmw's, he knew i was looking for a straight bolt in part, and he sold me on it thinking it was but knowing it wasnt.

Don't you understand it yet Fil him self didn't know that, a mechanic assured him that the transmition will fit so he only passed on the info to you, 2 months later when you told him that the tranny doesn't fit and that you need a different Slavecylinder he offered you the part for free
Old 02-25-2007, 12:29 PM   #57
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
Mike, after reading fil's post, it seems to be a case of miscommunication. I do not think Fil would jeporadize his business reputation (as we all know its all about reputation in this business) over $200. Why would he lie when obviously to his knowledge, you were going to try installing the tranny the next day? He would've got caught in his lie right away .. but instead he's being confronted 2 months later.

Take the part you need from him. Why are you hesitant to do that? Its not like its going to cost you anything. Is the reason your angry because you have to drive back to his place to pick up the part?
Old 02-25-2007, 12:38 PM   #58
Sleeze
4th Gear Member

ou expect to get your money back after 2 months? lol Fil's a good guy and a good seller..dont give him a bad name on Max just because you lack in life experience. TAKE IT EZ
Old 02-25-2007, 12:41 PM   #59
DriveItSideways
Banned

Pic 1 - my tranny and slave position, note the huge entrance hole

Pic 2 - Fil's tranny and slave position, note the difference in size. So even after installing a slave that he would provide me it would cause the pedal to not be to spec. Therefore i dont want this customer coming back to me 2 months down the road saying the tranny i put in for him is now defective. - See the precautions i take before making a sale?? its my responsibility as a business co owner and manager to make sure the sale is honest and legit. Our shop has been here for 20 years, and theres a reason for that.

Pic 3 - Electrical hook up is on the opposite side of the tranny that Fil supplied me, causing my connection to not reach his.

Pic 4 - Note the obvious differences in the trannys, one is slightly shorter and has different casing. The holes do line up but the tranny Fil supplied me sits on more of an angle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blackedoutslaveboltup.JPG (65.5 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg eurostyleslaveboltup.JPG (60.4 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg differentelechookup.JPG (63.3 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg oneisshorter.JPG (73.3 KB, 206 views)
Old 02-25-2007, 12:51 PM   #60
DriveItSideways
Banned

All of a sudden, a max sponser and business owner/bmw mechanic of 10 years, cant tell a loyal customer that the product he is offering might need modifications to fit and goes and sells it without proper informing the customer of steps he needs to take and you guys are sitting there telling me he did the right thing? and is now going up an beyond by offering me 100 plus the tranny back? so that he can sell it again... ?

Tell me something guys. How good of a mechanic is Charlie at bimmersport? If Fil called Charlie and asked if his tranny would work in replacement of mine, what do you think Charlie would have said to Fil? Im gonna go out on a limb here seeing the good things Charlie has done for everyone here and say that Charlie said it would work if you changed so an so. Im sure he never said it would work straight bolt in.
So Fil had to of known that i would have to do other work to make his tranny work.
He never told me anything of that sort, he said "it will work with no problem" "it will work with no problem, Charlie said so"
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: