Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Eurostyle Design
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 11:55 PM   #31
VSanj
6th Gear Member

^^Filip, you are totally right in this going by your story.............i think you went above and beyond what good customer service should be!!!

He wanted 100 bucks without returning the part.......what a joke!

Anyways see you next week, i have to order the rieger replica window spoiler......later!!
Old 02-24-2007, 11:56 PM   #32
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7
Sorry to hear that this happened to you.. I don't know Fil that well but he seemed like an OK guy the few times I did business with him, although I feel that Luxtec and Bimmersport are more suited for the purpose....so that said I would probably go to them first, even if I had to pay a little more.

I deal with Bimmersport on daily basis, and many of the parts sold/used by him are from Eurostyle!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Old 02-25-2007, 12:03 AM   #33
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSanj
^^Filip, you are totally right in this going by your story.............i think you went above and beyond what good customer service should be!!!

He wanted 100 bucks without returning the part.......what a joke!

Anyways see you next week, i have to order the rieger replica window spoiler......later!!

I have been in business for 10+years because because of good customer service, i will go above and beyond to make people happy, but as we all know, there is ALWAYS someone who will be unhappy no matter what! It has happened to all the big businesses, including Bimmersort, Chucks, BMW dealerships etc....its part of the business and i guess i have to live with it...

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
Old 02-25-2007, 12:31 AM   #34
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

I don't see how this incident justifies "Eurostyle, Ripping People Off".
First of all it was very nice of you to start this thread without Fil even getting any hint. Secondly, after reading Fil's post, I see his actions were 100% right.
Thirdly, Eurostyle is one of the best businesses that sponsers this forum, every purchase I have made from him have been great and did not have any problems. I actually bought my e30 from him, and feel it was the best deal I have ever gotten.

"Fil, i hope you find it in your heart to do the right thing.. im a straight up guy and i thought you were aswell. Lets take care of this in a professional manner."
Old 02-25-2007, 12:47 AM   #35
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

After reading Fil's side, and his generous offer to make it right be giving the OP the slave cylinder, I think Fil was very justified and the OP just got shot in the foot...

Deep

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 02-25-2007, 12:53 AM   #36
e36_freak
Mostly absent

Send a message via ICQ to e36_freak Send a message via MSN to e36_freak
after listening to both sides of the story i must agree with fil. he's been generous with his offers. he offered u a part that would make everything work for FREE!!! what else do you want?

-mike

[M]i[K]E[][M]i[K]E[]
Old 02-25-2007, 12:54 AM   #37
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

Fil is a stand up guy,and when I read this thread I was like W.T.F Fil would never do that....
Old 02-25-2007, 01:31 AM   #38
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Fil. While I do understand where you are coming from, if in fact you both are friends and Mike is a valued customer as I know, why would YOU make such a big deal about not giving him a refund? OK, sure the master slave cylinder is different but for one reason or another (even if everything was perfect) Mike decides to give it back to you. YOU said you will take it back if it will not fit. Now you say "NO". So you go against your word?

As far as I understand you refuse to give Mike a refund because

1. you think the transmission was damaged.
OK if that's the case why not inspect it and im sure if Mike and you go way back you will have some sort of trust in him. Am I correct? Also, since you had a potential buyer before hand, it is safe to say you can get a buyer now as well.

2. you think "time" make the transmission lose value?
Even though it is understandable, I really fail to see how this is an inconvenience to you. If we assume that the tranny is somehow damaged for sitting on a shelf or being installed then surely you can deduct him a smaller amount that is reasonable?

Perhaps you have something against Mike, maybe that's the case but then again the way I see it is the "customer is always right" type of deal and with threads like these word can get out to many new members and lurkers who have a possibility to be potential customers may look elsewhere

Good luck with the situation and now that you posted I can see the other side of the story it really helps to see the situation better !

Last edited by BMW_7; 02-25-2007 at 01:33 AM.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:56 AM   #39
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7
Fil. While I do understand where you are coming from, if in fact you both are friends and Mike is a valued customer as I know, why would YOU make such a big deal about not giving him a refund? OK, sure the master slave cylinder is different but for one reason or another (even if everything was perfect) Mike decides to give it back to you. YOU said you will take it back if it will not fit. Now you say "NO". So you go against your word?

As far as I understand you refuse to give Mike a refund because

1. you think the transmission was damaged.
OK if that's the case why not inspect it and im sure if Mike and you go way back you will have some sort of trust in him. Am I correct? Also, since you had a potential buyer before hand, it is safe to say you can get a buyer now as well.

2. you think "time" make the transmission lose value?
Even though it is understandable, I really fail to see how this is an inconvenience to you. If we assume that the tranny is somehow damaged for sitting on a shelf or being installed then surely you can deduct him a smaller amount that is reasonable?

Perhaps you have something against Mike, maybe that's the case but then again the way I see it is the "customer is always right" type of deal and with threads like these word can get out to many new members and lurkers who have a possibility to be potential customers may look elsewhere

Good luck with the situation and now that you posted I can see the other side of the story it really helps to see the situation better !
I think it would also have to do with the fact that it seems like the OP had lied to Fil, stating that the car it was going on was sold, and he needed it the next day.

2 months > next day.

And also, if the part in question (slave cylinder) was wrong, and the correct fitment part was offered for FREE, then I see no problem in this.

Say I was to buy a playstation off of you, because I wanted to play it tomorrow, although the video cable to my TV wasn't the right cable (S-video instead of A/V). You said "if it doesn't work, bring it right back to me and i'll give you a refund". Time went by, and 2 months later I finally plugged it into my TV (what happened to me wanting to play it tomorrow?). I find out the cable is wrong. Nothing wrong with the Playstation. I call you up and tell you I want a refund. You tell me you will provide me with an appropriate cable FOR FREE. (perfectly good deal). I tell you "no dice" and I want either a full refund, or for half of my money back PLUS keep the playstation. Would you give me a full refund, even though I am being a unreasonable?
Old 02-25-2007, 02:30 AM   #40
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

^^^Exactly my point!!!

Right now i have lost ALL trust/respect for Mike, and i have to question A LOT of the things said and done, (why i was told the car is sold, but now it wasnt for 2 months, and why he wouldnt take the part and just make it work). From the beginning to seemed he had his mind set on getting the money back, turning down every reasonable solution i had to offer!

In that case, i have to make it clear for EVERYBODY; whe it comes to used parts, you need a reason to return/exchange it! (a simple "i dont want it anymore" is NOT enaugh!!!) This is NOT Wallmart!!!

Also have to make clear that 2 months is NOT acceptable time for returns, never was, and never will be! I am sorry if Mike was left under the immpression it was, he works in a shop, and i didnt think i need to expain how the business works.

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
Old 02-25-2007, 02:44 AM   #41
Gullwing
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Gullwing Send a message via Yahoo to Gullwing
dude, its a friggin slave cylinder ! just buy a proper new one or accept the one fil offered to give you. don't be so anal. When someone says a transmission doesnt fit , theyre not talking about a slave cylinder connection, theyre tallking about mounts and more serious issues. so i am 100% with fil on this one.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:20 AM   #42
mkgino
6th Gear Member

I dont really want to get involved, but here we go..........

I really like fil he is a stand up guy and everything, and I know he would never deliberately try to rip anyone off.

But if this ever went to court I dont think Fil would win. Why?? Because he told Mike that the tranny would fit. If Fil sold a tranny that doesnt fit to Mike, then thats fraudulent info he gave to Mike regardless of when Mike tried to install it, and regardless if fil did it deliberately or not. If Fil told him he was selling the tranny as is then there would have been no problemo.

How can Mike proove all of this? Its all in this thread.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:40 AM   #43
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgino
I dont really want to get involved, but here we go..........

I really like fil he is a stand up guy and everything, and I know he would never deliberately try to rip anyone off.

But if this ever went to court I dont think Fil would win. Why?? Because he told Mike that the tranny would fit. If Fil sold a tranny that doesnt fit to Mike, then thats fraudulent info he gave to Mike regardless of when Mike tried to install it, and regardless if fil did it deliberately or not. If Fil told him he was selling the tranny as is then there would have been no problemo.

How can Mike proove all of this? Its all in this thread.
Well, if you want to be technical, the tranny fits!!! Mike said it will fit! The issues is now in the slave cylinder, which we NEVER talked about, and now i'm offering for FREE, just to make it work (i dont have to, and it's not part of the tranny, which FITS!!!)

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
Old 02-25-2007, 03:47 AM   #44
mkgino
6th Gear Member

That's why Mike should accept the new cylinder and just put the stupid thing in IMO, and forget this whole thing happened.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:07 AM   #45
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
as I don't understand how the tranny pieces together, I assume that the transmision and slave cylinder as seperate, sounds like they are as they have different mounting points as mentioned. If that's the case and if the tranny was sold and Mike had the slave from the 320 that he planned to mount to the new tranny, then unless he asked Fil if the slave would fit then being that it is seperate from the trasmission which was confirmed by Mike, Fil, and Charlie to fit. Then the part that is in dispute here is the Slave cylinder and wether or not it fits, which if it's Mike's part then why is it in dispute if it's Fil's that went with the tranny, then he offered to give it to you but was refused. Should this be taken to court then as long as Fil can prove that the tranny in question was confirmed to fit (which it was by both parties) and that the topic of the slave fitting was not brought up then the judge im sure would have a tough decision as at that point.

I have no issues with either people as I have met Mike before and seemed like a good guy as well and Fil is a great guy to and would not hesitate to do business with him Hopefully all can be settled out of court and things can go back to normal. Although I would hope this post would get closed as It could make a dent in Fil's reputation, which seems to be unwarrented.

Please do not take anything I have said to be biased towards either side.

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: