Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Eurostyle Design
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 05:21 PM   #16
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
m3ab, that post was just dumb.

I'm going to wait til Fil chimes in before I comment .. lets hear both sides .. because from the sounds of it, blackedout is 100% not in the wrong here.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:26 PM   #17
M3Ab
Pakman

How was it dumb?

1. The guy bought a USED transmission off of someone without a receipt or any type of written warranty.

2. He waited for two months to try and install it. When you buy something from a store with a 'warranty' or receipt they usually give you 60 days max to return it, and that's for new and not USED items. So I think Fil was being more then fair when he offered to meet him half way.

3. It's pretty lame how guys come on here and try to ruin people's reputations ie. the Bimmersport and RMP 'wars'. Time to grow up people.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #18
staydown
aka sTTaydown

Send a message via MSN to staydown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout_E36
a mcdonalds clerk could tell you it wouldnt work.
So why didn't you ask a McDonalds clerk before you bought the thing?

you - "Umm can you gimme a number 4 combo, oh and will this tranny fit my car"

McD person - "no sir it won't, do you want some ketchup with your fries"

Personally, there is a level of expectation that when someone tells you that you can bring something back you have a obligation to ensure compatibility within a "reasonable timeframe", and 2 months isn't reasonable.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #19
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
1. You get a reciept when you buy used parts off someone?

2. Big deal he waited 2 months. The point is Fil said it was going to fit, right? right? right? He said it was going to fit, right? Lets get that point again, he said it was going to fit, right?

3. I know Fil and would defend him as I have had good experiences. But so far, in this case its going to be hard to stick up for him in this unfortunate situation.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:51 PM   #20
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
I think it comes down to human decency... We can all sit here and debate who is right and who is wrong, who needs to supply reciets and who doesnt.

But even if Blackout doesn't get shit for his $200 at least Fil will not get 50 more serious potential customers and there.... Both parties will be even. No need to get a court involved.

Heres an example. I went down to Columbus to see Chris from Understeer. I paid him like $500 deposit or so. Over email without seeing him or meeting him ever in my life. I arranged a time and date to meet up and pay him $4000 cash so he can install my supercharger..

When I went down there, he met me on time, took the money, got a friend to help him and insisted that I don't want my help. He installed it for me in a day and had me on my way before nighttime.

I mean SO many things could have gone wrong, he coulda not been there at all, so I would waste $300 or so in gas and hotel fees. and my weekend. He coulda not installed the kit for me, so I'd go home and have to seek alternative ways of dealing with the problem, etc etc.

Guess what, doing a good thing is not doing good to one person, it's good will come back to the society as a whole. While evil begets evil and what for?? To lose money, time and customers?

I've never had a business but even I know how to deal with people...Being nice is learned in kindergarten and there is a reason for that..

2000 Audi A8 SWB Silver/Black
1992 BMW 525iT/5 White/Blue [MPars, HIDs, cargo net]
1989 525i [scrapped]
1995 BMW 318i DASC [sold]
Old 02-24-2007, 06:19 PM   #21
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Wait, you got a transmission for 200 ****ing dollars!? I can't find one that's under 400.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:21 PM   #22
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R
Wait, you got a transmission for 200 ****ing dollars!? I can't find one that's under 400.
It's from a 318 though probablly hence the low price.

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Old 02-24-2007, 06:22 PM   #23
SickFinga

IMO, coming back 2 month later is a bit too late to ask for a refund.

Also dont compare Napa to Eurostyle and returning belt vs returning a used tranny. Most stores dont accept stuff back after a month. I'm not surprised that Fil refused to take it back to be honest.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:28 PM   #24
VSanj
6th Gear Member

I have talked to fil a couple of times, currently in the process of buying some stuff off him.........he seems like a honest guy.

Im not sure if i would take back a USED part two months after i sold it to be honest with you....
Old 02-24-2007, 06:44 PM   #25
Spartiatis
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Spartiatis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
I can't speculate much, I don't know the exact details, BUT,
Unfortunately, not many will take a part 2 months after you've initially bought it from them. Not even large stores like CT or other shops.
Anyway, I am sure you will work this out. Posting on Max is not the way to do it.
Why is posting on max not the way to do it??
Old 02-24-2007, 07:40 PM   #26
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Ab
'oral contract'
LOL...

It's VERBAL CONTRACT - What you wrote is just plain dirty...

And I think Fil should do the right thing here. I've had the exact same situation with customers of mine and done the right thing... It's only $200, but it's the principle...

Deep

2007 Z4 3.0si
Old 02-24-2007, 11:33 PM   #27
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Ok here is the 2nd side of the story.

Mike (Blackedout_E36) has been a good customer for about 4-5 years now, and it comes as a TOTAL surprise that he would say something like that! To say i feel backstabed is the least!

When i sold the transmission, i talked to Bimmersport twice, to make sure it fits his 320i, and Charlie confirmed it. The day Mike was supposed to pick it up (he didnt shop up the day before, some hospital stuff, i dont rememer). I had ANOTHER customer at Bimmersport needing the same part right away. I said NO, the part is SOLD TO MIKE (lost a customer right there). Good thing is Mike showed up this time and picked it up. I did tell him it would fit, and (as stated in my PM) TO BRING IT RIGHT BACK (keep word RIGHT BACK) if it doesnt. He said the car WAS SOLD, and he needed to install it the NEXT DAY. 2 months go buy with NO sign from him. He called me yesterday, saying it doesnt fit, whe i asked what was wrong, the said something was wrong with the SLAVE CYLINDER mounting, he said he would check and call me later. I get a call today, saying the transmission will bolt on the car, but the slave cylinder is different, at wich point I OFFERED TO GIVE him the 318 slave to make it work, he said NO I NEED MY MONEY. We had a long talk, on how it was a LOT of time, and i cant do that. But since i know him, i offer to give him a partial refund ($100). He starts beening technical about how i didnt state a time frame and he will talk to his lawer etc. I told him we'll work things out.
He calls a few hours later, asking if i can GIVE him the $100, but he keeps the transmisson, i said NO, i'm not going to just hand out money and not get anything back!!! (what king of RETURN policy is that???), to which he said i should thing of something that will be fair to both of us...30min later i get a call reguarding this thread!!!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Old 02-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #28
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

So to make this short;
-I offered to give him the part needed to work on his car
-I offered a partial refund
-waited 2 months to hear back from him (when i said BRING IN RIGHT BACK)
-I was willing to meet up with him and Charlie to see what the problem is

Here is what i have problems with;
-he said the car was sold, needed to install the next day
(who know if it wasnt installed, used and damaged???)
-Comes 2 months later (i dont knwo what happened to that part)
-Does not want to take the part (slave cylinder), why not?
-Starts threatning with lawers!

So in conclusion, i would have been glad to give him the money back, if he did come back right away!!! I have done so to many people, wheneve they had problems! But based on hia posts, i will not DO any of it, and will take all the legal actions needed.

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
Old 02-24-2007, 11:53 PM   #29
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Off topic, but it goes to show the lack of professionalism of Mike;
He came to look at my E30 for sale, liked it, said he was buying it and needs to find a dolly to tow it with, he told me he will call me Friday or Saturday. Guess who never got back to me!!! We had a verbal agreement, how about that!!!??? I didn't think of it much, since TONS of people do it, but now i am expected to do something he doesn't??? How about he completes the transaction as agreed!? Or at least let me know he is NOT going to!!!
This was very inconvenient as i was planning to put another car in its spot, which i pulled out of the shop, and its now stuck outside!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
Old 02-24-2007, 11:53 PM   #30
Spennie
2nd Gear Member

Having seen what Fil has had to say, I think blame has been horribly misplaced. From Fil's response and being in business myself, it doesn't make sense for Fil to have been such an ass about this issue as the op has claimed. In my opinion Fil has been very fair in his proposals to solve the problem, and the op is lucky that these have been presented to him. Unfortunately, all of us in business know that there are some customers that you cannot please regardless of the expense.

To the op: I totally disagree with bashing somebody in public here. From what I've seen and heard around the boards, Fil is a decent guy and an asset to the community. I don't know why you would come in here and try to damage his reputation thereby threatening his financial well-being, specially over something as trivial as this. I gaurantee if you took this to small claims court you would get nothing. Under government legislation an item has to be fit for the purpose for which its sold, but the buyer also has a duty to inform the seller of a problem in a timely manner.

If ANYTHING Fil should be sending you a letter from his lawyer saying to retract your statement. He could easily sue you right now, providing the facts he's presented are accurate, for potential lost revenue due to your tortuous actions in this topic.

I hope this doesn't cost Fil any business, I hate customers that try to pull crap like this. Problems like these should be solved reasonably, not by being a total jerkoff. If a customer did this to me in my line of business I would make sure they got NOTHING at ALL, just because they're being unreasonable.

Anyways, just my $0.02.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle
Ok here is the 2nd side of the story.

Mike (Blackedout_E36) has been a good customer for about 4-5 years now, and it comes as a TOTAL surprise that he would say something like that! To say i feel backstabed is the least!

When i sold the transmission, i talked to Bimmersport twice, to make sure it fits his 320i, and Charlie confirmed it. The day Mike was supposed to pick it up (he didnt shop up the day before, some hospital stuff, i dont rememer). I had ANOTHER customer at Bimmersport needing the same part right away. I said NO, the part is SOLD TO MIKE (lost a customer right there). Good thing is Mike showed up this time and picked it up. I did tell him it would fit, and (as stated in my PM) TO BRING IT RIGHT BACK (keep word RIGHT BACK) if it doesnt. He said the car WAS SOLD, and he needed to install it the NEXT DAY. 2 months go buy with NO sign from him. He called me yesterday, saying it doesnt fit, whe i asked what was wrong, the said something was wrong with the SLAVE CYLINDER mounting, he said he would check and call me later. I get a call today, saying the transmission will bolt on the car, but the slave cylinder is different, at wich point I OFFERED TO GIVE him the 318 slave to make it work, he said NO I NEED MY MONEY. We had a long talk, on how it was a LOT of time, and i cant do that. But since i know him, i offer to give him a partial refund ($100). He starts beening technical about how i didnt state a time frame and he will talk to his lawer etc. I told him we'll work things out.
He calls a few hours later, asking if i can GIVE him the $100, but he keeps the transmisson, i said NO, i'm not going to just hand out money and not get anything back!!! (what king of RETURN policy is that???), to which he said i should thing of something that will be fair to both of us...30min later i get a call reguarding this thread!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: