Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Detailing & Care
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-23-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
bmwzippy
2nd Gear Member

Leather Seats Reconditioning vs. Seat Covers

I hoping to get some advice from those that may have tried to revamp their bimmer leather seats by various means. What have people done to fix cracks, abrasions or general surface wear where the colour has gone? I know there are alot of dyes, sprays, vinyl patches and pastes etc. but has anyone actually been happy with the results?

Has anyone resorted to leather seat covers, I'm not thinking slipovers but replacements for factory leather. Has anyone tried leather from these guys?
http://www.leatherseats.com/gallery.asp?vehicle=BMW
Or is there anywhere in the GTA that offer the same type of product?

Has anyone tried Barry's Vehicle Upholstery in Mississauga, I was referred to them.

I have tan leather seats myself and I am looking for solutions, as they're going to stand out in the summer when the top is down!

Thanks in advance!
bmwzippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:49 PM   #2
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Look for leatherrepairkits.com
There was an awesome thread on BFC in the M3 section. The before and after pics were amazing. I'll be trying them out once I get all the maintenance/resto done.
carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:50 AM   #3
carjoe
6th Gear Member

I know you sent a PM but I thought everyone could benefit from this thread:

leather repair!

pics from another kit

yet another thread

last one, I swear
carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
David
2nd Gear Member

There were also a couple of threads on BF.C in the show an shine section showing some leather restorations using leatherique crack filler and dye. The before and afters were amazing. I would honestly look into repairing your current leather first. The results can be very good and the cost will be considerably less than reupholstering your seats.

Administrator on DetailersClub.com
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
bmwzippy
2nd Gear Member

OK David, thanks, I'm starting to see that this is a very reasonable first approach.

Cheers,
Old 02-28-2007, 03:00 PM   #6
picus
Detailing Geek

Send a message via AIM to picus
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
There were also a couple of threads on BF.C in the show an shine section showing some leather restorations using leatherique crack filler and dye. The before and afters were amazing. I would honestly look into repairing your current leather first. The results can be very good and the cost will be considerably less than reupholstering your seats.
I've used the leatherique crack filler and dye on a customer car; it is not a miracle worker, but it did make a very definitely impact when combined with the rejuvinator oil. He had a number of wear cracks in the front driver seat near the side bolsters that all but disappeared. He did have one long tear that wasn't repairable though.

I've also used these guys (http://www.diamondtrim.com/about.html) to do some interior work on my last car and the results were very good, but it was kind of pricey.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:03 AM   #7
touchofclass
1999 BMW 740i BMW 2000IT

Take your car to Auto Spa in Mississauga. They do a great job in leather restoration and cleaning.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:45 AM   #8
bmwzippy
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the post.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: