Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-24-2007, 01:13 AM   #16
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA MAN
All you 528 hater take a good look at the pictures below, if you see me on your ass it will be for only a second and all you will see its my carís ass. And if you are really lucky you will see my good side.

weird setup on the exhaust..your rear bumper doesnt have an opening and the exhaust sits below it and off to the side? Looks kind of stupid, but thats just my opinion

Nice ride nonetheless!
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #17
europrince
6th Gear Member

cocky comments deserve a response like that ^ well done, myndgone heehee
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #18
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA MAN
All you 528 hater take a good look at the pictures below, if you see me on your ass it will be for only a second and all you will see its my carís ass. And if you are really lucky you will see my good side.
Changing the looks doesn't make the car fast...So what are the mods?
Old 02-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #19
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
guys give some repect to Sia(Alpina Man) he knows a lot about 5-series, he probally has some of the nicest 5-ers around.

maybe this thread will tell you more http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79998

although he hasn't been on this board that long he's been coming out to the meets for years, so the guys that joined this board the past 2 yrs should show some respect.

and for the people asking what he has done to his E39, lets just say it has a lot of Dinan parts on it, it's one of those limited Dinan performance packages.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:11 PM   #20
ALPINA MAN
ALPINA Collector

Hi Quack,

Thanks, for your understanding and support, I don't understand what is going on, some one asked form members their opinion regarding the main question which was pros and cons on 540 or 528, that dose not mean that 528 is better than 540 or vice versa. Every one talks about power and this and that as if they can use that on these roads. I have 370 HP on my Alpina B7 Turbo and every time I drive that I get so frustrated unreal. Because people here are not trained and the rules of our country is different then Europe.

Imagine you are driving in 401 at 140 KM/h and suddenly some one decides to change the line an pull in front of you with out any reason.

The last time I checked this country was a free country and people can raise their opinions and concerned as humanly as possible. You guys want to attack some one if it has a different point of view, that is fine but remember it is a two way street and at some point we will see eye to eye in meets and believe me the embarrassment will be on you.

Now if some momma’s boys that don't know or have a clue about BMW or what is it standing for, got his cars for his 16th birthday I can help it to say that you need to grew up and first understand what is the nature of question and then writ you comments.

Thanks, Sia

Last edited by ALPINA MAN; 02-25-2007 at 02:31 PM.
ALPINA MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:33 PM   #21
chromius
6th Gear Member

No one is attacking you Alpina man...but you posted pictures of your car, and made a bold statement of..."you will see my ass when I pass all of you" We just simply want to know what mods on that 528 makes it a 540 killer?

You're the one talking about speed, and passing everybody on highways, so I'm not sure what you are trying to get at.

And now you seem to be personally attacking other people in this thread with no basis whatsoever, doesn't make sense to me. We are trying to have a legitimate discussion here, no need to insult people.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:15 PM   #22
ALPINA MAN
ALPINA Collector

I was simply replying to the provoking comment that was made after mine, remember. That is why we are having this conversation. Instead of personal attack you could state your point of view as why 540 is the better choice or what have you (esthetics, performance Data, writ ups and so forth).

The guy whom made the question needed help to choose one way or another and it would be up to him and his needs to buy 540 0r 528 and all the points that I made is truth because after having 8 bimmers and may years of playing whit them, I think I can say I have some experience in that deportment.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:38 PM   #23
chromius
6th Gear Member

Well, perhaps that's the way you took it. But I beleive the post after yours was simply correcting some of your comments, which did seem (even to me) quite biased towards the 528, and some of them were a little unfounded. As you say, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and obviously there will be some people biased towards different models.

We all of our own amount of experience to add to the discussion not just you, I have been working with, have owned, and been involved with BMW's for many many years, Do I consider myself an expert, no. Because there is always something to learn. So there is nothing wrong with others having different opinions too. Just a friendly discussion
Old 02-25-2007, 03:36 PM   #24
ALPINA MAN
ALPINA Collector

Check the comments, and state the fact, do not try to change the fact towards what you think is right. I understand that you may have 540 (it is obvious now) but in no shape and form I insulted any ones, my statement was generic and related to the subject of this conversation.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:55 PM   #25
chromius
6th Gear Member

Your original post was more reasons to not get a 540, they were not entirely based in a generic way, nor were they entirely factual.
europrince summairly countered each of your points in a factual manner, and your response was to post pictures of your car and say you will pass everybody as they watch your ass. Doesn't seem generic, and related to the conversation to me.

Last edited by chromius; 02-25-2007 at 03:57 PM.
chromius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:50 PM   #26
windwagen
6th Gear Member

C'mon girls, I was enjoying the light backslapping till you guys got all sensitive and whiney Alpina man's car's ass comment made me laugh! That's the kind of $hit I would say too, except when I got kicked by the Lambo

BTW, the link to the mag article brings up the most recent issue, so I'm still in the dark wtt the killer 528......And where do you get a M sport valence with no cutout? That looks way better than the cars that have cutout and no pipe in it. Personally, I like the hidden look of the non M sport, and I like the M Sport valence, so this would be a good compromise.

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days

Last edited by windwagen; 02-25-2007 at 10:01 PM.
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:21 PM   #27
1bad5
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks for all the opinions guys, Im sure everyone has pros and cons on both models based on experience and what they currently drive. Just like someone mentioned above in this thread, we all have our own opinions and share information with each other on this forum. I was not very familiar with the e39 until now. I think both of them are great cars, but just needed some opinions especially on maintenance such as common problems.
1bad5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:12 AM   #28
windwagen
6th Gear Member

In that case, check out this thread. I put some links to E39 info pages.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84796

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: