Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-15-2002, 12:38 AM   #1
e36_freak
Mostly absent

Send a message via ICQ to e36_freak Send a message via MSN to e36_freak
HELP!!! e36 deck installation

i'm just wondering.... because the e36 came with the stock amp that runs the speakers......
now i just got a new deck...
i've been told by M5FANATIC that there's no way i could run 2 amps (stock & deck) because the deck has a built in amp. it'll either fry the stock amp or the amp on the deck.... he says that it's not possible to run the deck and the stock amp...... just wondering if anyone else did..... and did anything happen....
i think it should be okay.....
any help is gratefull..... thanx

mike

[M]i[K]E[][M]i[K]E[]
e36_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 02:26 AM   #2
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

im guessing it will work...bimmersport has stock amp and speakers with a deck, i think gamite has it done too...same with Sith on his 92 325...you will have no problem..i think M5Fanatic has been off maxbimmer so long that he forgot everything

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 04:10 PM   #3
Soldo
6th Gear Member

hey Mike, ya it works fine, i've done it with my E36 and i've had no problems so far, but also i assume that my car has a better AMP, cause with me E36 320i it was a 4spkr. car, and the deck would sometimes sound shitty when it got a bit TOO hot, could be cause i had a MP3 deck, or something to do with my amp, not sure yet, but in my 325i i've had NO problems up to date!!!
PM if you got anymore questions!!!
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 06:06 AM   #4
rayz
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to rayz Send a message via Yahoo to rayz
i believe, if you run speaker leads from an aftermarket deck (with built in amp, maybe 45x45) into your oem amp, it will cancel out the power from the deck. a friend of mine had it done. they also bottom mounted 3 way 6x9's in the rear shelf, they actually removed the tweeter from the 6x9 and mounted it higher (closer to the grille). sounds way better than the tiny nokia stock speakers in the rear.

i just remembered. my alpine is running through the oem amp too. weird how the stock e30 sound system has only 2 channels to begin with. they totally rewired it 4-channel,and hooked up my stock speakers to the oem amp

Last edited by rayz; 12-17-2002 at 06:08 AM.
rayz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: