Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-18-2007, 02:32 PM   #16
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiver
I wish, Man! However, I was in Quebec with my GF at her parents home and I spent way too much money over the Holidays. She has a big family.

Lots of eating and gifts, fun times, though. I am paying for it now... damn, the bills never stop coming!!!
not now lol....
330ci05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:46 PM   #17
mousecrab
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
ZHP - Performance Package
The performance package was available on 2003-2005 sedans and 2004-2006 coupes and convertibles. In 2003, it was only available with the 6-speed manual transmission and WITHOUT the premium package. In 2004, all performance package cars were also available with the automatic (steptronic) transmission as well as the premium package. This package included:

Engine mods (new camshafts, electronics, & lighter flywheel) for 10HP & 8 ft/lb of torque increase & 6800 max RPM (from 6500).
6 speed short throw shifter (for manual transmission equipped cars)
3.07:1 Final drive ratio (instead of 2.91:1)
Max Speed Limiter set to 155 mph (instead of 128)
New M suspension, more "sporty" than standard sport package:
Firmer springs (front +6%, rear +8%)
Firmer shocks (Jounce: front +50%, rear +20%), (Rebound: front +35%, rear -8%)
Larger diameter anti-roll bars: 23.5 mm front (v. 23.0), 18.5 mm rear (v. 18.0)
More rigid forward bushings
Lower ride height by 15 mm (.6 inches) utilizing shorter auxiliary springs
-.5 degrees of camber (for a total of -1.1 degrees)
BMW M exterior trim elements (front & rear fascia, side sills, & trunk lid spoiler)
Special exterior trim: Anthracite (charcoal) headlight & foglight surrounds, High-Gloss
Shadowline (black gloss) trim
Large diameter stainless steel dual exhaust outlets
Extra thick Alcantra steering wheel
Sport Seats
Alcantra & cloth upholstry to replace leatherette and standard trim (leather still an option)
Choice of "Black Cube" or "Silver Cube" interior trim
Anthracite headliner
Red needles on the instrument cluster
Unique 18" Wheels (style 135M), 18x8.0" front, 18x8.5" rear
Wider Tires: 225/40ZR-18 in front and 255/35ZR-18 in the rear.
Didn't know zhp has lighter flywheel too. thought was only the cam, diff and software. guess it won't be a lot lighter than standard one.
mousecrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:15 PM   #18
rendered
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci05
well the 330 came out in 2001, from 2004+ it came in 6spd, and with a ZHP package which increased the HP from 225 to 235 and has other goodies like bumpers, better suspension and shit...IMO if you plan on moding the car i wouldn't get the ZHP, just get a standerd 330ci with 6spd and mod it, and it will comeout faster and better at the end ... thats what i did....

you're still modding, and I'm still beating you with my stock ZHP!
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:16 PM   #19
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered
you're still modding, and I'm still beating you with my stock ZHP!

lol , all you do is TALK hehehee, BRING IT ON!!!!!!!! i'll give u head start too
Old 01-22-2007, 06:26 PM   #20
rendered
6th Gear Member

hahahah, i never see you around?!

I just loved the idea of buying a car already fast, and not having to modify or spend any extra money for a few years until I get bored. The 2004 330ci 6spd just didn't feel the same after driving a ZHP... I mean if I could of lived with the difference I would of saved the money and bought a standard 2004 330ci 6spd, but the feel and difference was just too significant for me not to spend the extra cash.

and power dip was software related. They took care of it for me with a Dinan ECU flash for my car. I noticed a huge difference. now, in every gear right at 3000rpm it pulls like a MOFO all the way up to redline. its fantastic

The ZHP is under rated! I'm telling you... to me it feels like more power, I dunno, I'll dyno this spring if I keep the car.

Did you change your stock Diff yet?? there is a huge difference going to the 3:07-1... and I'm going aftermarket LSD in the spring if I keep the car, so I'll sell my almost brand new ZHP diff!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:32 PM   #21
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
hahahah, i never see you around?!

I just loved the idea of buying a car already fast, and not having to modify or spend any extra money for a few years until I get bored. The 2004 330ci 6spd just didn't feel the same after driving a ZHP... I mean if I could of lived with the difference I would of saved the money and bought a standard 2004 330ci 6spd, but the feel and difference was just too significant for me not to spend the extra cash.

and power dip was software related. They took care of it for me with a Dinan ECU flash for my car. I noticed a huge difference. now, in every gear right at 3000rpm it pulls like a MOFO all the way up to redline. its fantastic

The ZHP is under rated! I'm telling you... to me it feels like more power, I dunno, I'll dyno this spring if I keep the car.

Did you change your stock Diff yet?? there is a huge difference going to the 3:07-1... and I'm going aftermarket LSD in the spring if I keep the car, so I'll sell my almost brand new ZHP diff!
lol yeah i changed the diff to a 3.38, that alone will do that job hehehe... lol so ur nto stock, u got the dinan chip hehee, still, i can take you./... hey there is only one way to find out hehehe... come spring let me know, i'll be there

if the car is all that why would u wanna sell it ......

stock for stock, the 330 and the ZHP are difference, i don't think it's worth paying the extra 7k+ for it tho.... you can go aftermark for all those parts and get BETTER for cheaper, and at the end will come out a better car.....

Last edited by 330ci05; 01-22-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:36 PM   #22
rendered
6th Gear Member

hahaahah, nothing wrong with a little friendly competition!

how's your fuel ecomony now with the 3:38? do you think I should go this route as well when I do LSD if I keep the car...?

BMW under rates their machines.... just like the 335i saying 300HP and 300tq, they put 280HP + and 305 TQ to the wheels! those numbers corrected at the flywheel, its more like 350hp and 360tq...

The ZHP is the same idea in my oppinion. not nearly as much power gain over rated, but I believe its putting close the rated power down to the wheels.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:40 PM   #23
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
hahaahah, nothing wrong with a little friendly competition!

how's your fuel ecomony now with the 3:38? do you think I should go this route as well when I do LSD if I keep the car...?

BMW under rates their machines.... just like the 335i saying 300HP and 300tq, they put 280HP + and 305 TQ to the wheels! those numbers corrected at the flywheel, its more like 350hp and 360tq...

The ZHP is the same idea in my oppinion. not nearly as much power gain over rated, but I believe its putting close the rated power down to the wheels.
think again hehe... u'll see.... i'v seen it... yup nothing wrong with a friendly competition ... well i don't think there will be that much for me hehehehe....

if you get LSD i would go with 3.38 or 3.46MAX ... or even a 3.23....but i would go with a 3.38 when it's my time for a LSD, get it man u'll love it, i know with the E30 it's the best !
Old 01-23-2007, 12:26 AM   #24
Jiver
All For One & One For All

Send a message via MSN to Jiver
Friendly competition! That's cool... Let's hope it stays friendly?

Enter the World of Ballroom Dance
One for All and All for One
Jiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:57 AM   #25
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
^^I've been in both of your cars, and first
-Both are much faster than mine (for now)
-330ci05's car would probably be quicker within gears, as the 3.38 would be a big help. Also, LSD = KEY.
-It seemed to me that mark's car probably has similar power, if not, not all too much less.

Ice you gotta remember, you've spent TONS of money modifying your car, and course its fast now, but you've spent a lot of money on it in order to make it so quick. You've also had to spend time dealing with the mods, and there could be warranty concearns to take into consideration aswell.

But you are both cordially invited to a friday night at mosport, somewhere near the begining of the season for some quarter mile runs

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #26
rendered
6th Gear Member

it will be a fun run

just as long as its on the track, I'll be great to go!
Old 01-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #27
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one
^^I've been in both of your cars, and first
-Both are much faster than mine (for now)
-330ci05's car would probably be quicker within gears, as the 3.38 would be a big help. Also, LSD = KEY.
-It seemed to me that mark's car probably has similar power, if not, not all too much less.

Ice you gotta remember, you've spent TONS of money modifying your car, and course its fast now, but you've spent a lot of money on it in order to make it so quick. You've also had to spend time dealing with the mods, and there could be warranty concearns to take into consideration aswell.

But you are both cordially invited to a friday night at mosport, somewhere near the begining of the season for some quarter mile runs
i spent just the cost of the ZHP.... yeah if i only had LSD..... i'm down for a rolling star too .... it was fun moding, and having a sleeper .... i get the ZHP owners THINKING ....
Old 01-23-2007, 11:19 AM   #28
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
it will be a fun run

just as long as its on the track, I'll be great to go!

lol.. otherwise it's NOT SAFE hehehe..... someone is stallin
Old 01-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #29
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Friendly competition! That's cool... Let's hope it stays friendly?

i wanna go up agianst yours, since ur modded like me....
Old 01-23-2007, 03:21 PM   #30
Jiver
All For One & One For All

Send a message via MSN to Jiver
Hey,

Do I smell a challenge? On the track is the only way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci05
i wanna go up agianst yours, since ur modded like me....

Enter the World of Ballroom Dance
One for All and All for One
Jiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: