Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Performance & Software
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-23-2007, 05:59 AM   #31
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

You to Pej
Old 01-23-2007, 06:26 AM   #32
SickFinga

Fabio I hate you
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:17 PM   #33
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzM
very tempting

When are you taking it out of your car?

T.
buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:10 PM   #34
JazzM
6th Gear Member

I'm getting my cams installed in the next few weeks. These will be CSL race cams (290/282 - much more aggressive then the schrick/dinan cams) also up from the stock 272/270 (thereabouts).

The main concern here is that AA would need to dyno-tune the software. They've agreed to do so for the same price, however it means I would have to go down there and do it there. I would probably have them install the kit at the same time.

The question then becomes how much power is actually then usable? With the cams, I should be approaching 380-400 at the crank with properly tunned software (delage). And I honestly believe for a little and light car like the Z3 that will be more then enough (I can already keep up with a C5 Z06 on a straight and can walk all over a 911 turbo mostly due to the 4.10:1 gearing).

T.

Last edited by JazzM; 01-23-2007 at 02:13 PM.
JazzM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:45 PM   #35
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
I'm getting my cams installed in the next few weeks. These will be CSL race cams (290/282 - much more aggressive then the schrick/dinan cams) also up from the stock 272/270 (thereabouts).

The main concern here is that AA would need to dyno-tune the software. They've agreed to do so for the same price, however it means I would have to go down there and do it there. I would probably have them install the kit at the same time.

The question then becomes how much power is actually then usable? With the cams, I should be approaching 380-400 at the crank with properly tunned software (delage). And I honestly believe for a little and light car like the Z3 that will be more then enough (I can already keep up with a C5 Z06 on a straight and can walk all over a 911 turbo mostly due to the 4.10:1 gearing).

T.
If the issue is getting to AA, I'll gladly take a week off to drive your car there to have it installed, and deliver it back for you

Get the supercharger then run a taller diff, so you're not shifting before you even make it across an intersection. Something like a 3.64 or 3.73. Maybe you could hit 300 on the back straight at Mosport

The power is always usable, you'll just need to use the first couple gears diligently. You can fit some wide rubber in the back of your car right? Once the camber is sorted (if it's not already) you'll have no issues with traction.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
Old 01-23-2007, 03:19 PM   #36
JazzM
6th Gear Member

I can go up to 305 or 315s in the back on 11 wide rims without having to pull the fenders. Camber is not a problem, I have the adjustable camber plates to dial it out.

This is definitely very tempting...

T.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:43 PM   #37
thinair
moderationistismingly

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it
Old 01-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #38
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

Come on Tom. Peer pressure This would make your Z the ultimate Z3. Nobody around here could even come close. PM me and we can arrange somthing.

Thanks Nelson for the free bumps.

Last edited by Sickbimmer; 01-23-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Sickbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #39
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
Fabio I hate you
Come to Canada and say that
Old 01-23-2007, 04:37 PM   #40
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superM3
Come on Tom. Peer pressure This would make your Z the ultimate Z4. Nobody around here could even come close. PM me and we can arrange somthing.

Thanks Nelson for the free bumps.
All true except its a Z3

T.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:01 PM   #41
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

Quote:
All true except its a Z3

T.
Thats what I said
Old 01-23-2007, 07:45 PM   #42