Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #1
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
How to make your own angels

for those who want them, but dont want to spend the money, or just enjoy making things your self. i found this kids website years ago. and thought he did a bang up job in making them. Well now he has a video that teaches you how to make your own. and believe it or not, they look pretty damn good. This is the kind of thing all you guys with OEM (stock) headlights should look into, if you want angels, but dont want to buy projectors or cant afford them. Angels are hard if impossible to find for stockers. so make your own. Enjoy

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ngel+Eye+Rings

yes he drives a honda... look past it guys

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:25 PM   #2
BimmiN
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to BimmiN
I did this about 3 years ago. They turned out pretty good:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0056.JPG (32.4 KB, 207 views)
Old 01-07-2007, 07:52 PM   #3
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

WOW that guy really put alot of effort into the vid.

I thnk the LED AEs actually look better at night then the ccfl's because they are dimmer and don't illuminate the entire headlight housing, but during the day u pretty much can't see them. Considering how cheap LED angel eyes are though I don't think this method isn't really worth the effort.

http://www.foldingtrailers.ca
PedroBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:03 PM   #4
Jari
4th Gear Member

holy cow. That guy is a genius! And the video couldn't be easier to follow. Definatly a good DIY project. This should be a sticky somewhere.
Jari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:10 AM   #5
Mr.535
3rd Gear Member

Wow thats pretty amazing, I want to do that but i dont think its posible on an e34 considering the lens cannot be removed. Anyone else ever done it before?
Mr.535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:15 AM   #6
Trekz
4th Gear Member

wow thats a good idea, going to have try that in my spare time. Can you put angle rings in stock headlights in e36? because one of my friends said that you cant open thouse, but i dont belive him for some reason.
Trekz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:28 AM   #7
Gamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.535
Wow thats pretty amazing, I want to do that but i dont think its posible on an e34 considering the lens cannot be removed. Anyone else ever done it before?

the lens can be removed, you need to cut the silicone holding it to the housing.

Personally not too much of a fan of AE's on E34's though. I prefer the old school angel eye, the candel eye.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:35 AM   #8
spooner_dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekz
wow thats a good idea, going to have try that in my spare time. Can you put angle rings in stock headlights in e36? because one of my friends said that you cant open thouse, but i dont belive him for some reason.

you can, just bake them in the oven, open em up. then bake them again and put them together.

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #9
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

theres no real point to all the effort though considering how cheap LED angel eyes are on ebay

for example $25:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...68673059QQrdZ1

Old 01-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #10
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
I did this like 4 years ago on my e30.
Basically just to prove Jon wrong. I did it, but they looked like shit on a stock e30 so I took them off and threw them at neighbour hood kids.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:43 PM   #11
spooner_dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroBMW
theres no real point to all the effort though considering how cheap LED angel eyes are on ebay

for example $25:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...68673059QQrdZ1

yes but if you read, you need to have euro headlights. i posted this more for those who have stockers and dont want or cant affored euros so they can have them if they want them.

plus wouldnt hurt to make your own, you know what quality your getting and can take your time and make some damn good badass ones.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:05 PM   #12
tboy356
Ripp a Gear

i donno i tryed bakeing my headlights and they still wouldent come apart.

i had the oven at 350F and and i had them in there for 15 min.

tboy356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #13
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.535
Why not try finding those GTO clear lenses for your car .. then you can put the angels on the outside yet they would still be protected by the GTO lenses plus giving your car a newer look.

heres a link to what they look like ..

http://cgi.ebay.ca/PONTIAC-GTO-04-06...QQcmdZViewItem

now you just have to find one for your car or get someone that does plastic molding or see if you can pull it off yourself.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:16 PM   #14
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooner_dee
yes but if you read, you need to have euro headlights. i posted this more for those who have stockers and dont want or cant affored euros so they can have them if they want them.

plus wouldnt hurt to make your own, you know what quality your getting and can take your time and make some damn good badass ones.
whether you make or buy the Angel Eyes you'd still have the same issues with trying to fit them into your stock headlights, they are both just plastic bent in a circle of the same diameter so fitmet would be same, and ud still have to go threw baking and all that crap either way to open your stock headlights. Now if you just wanted the satisfaction of knowing you made them then that is a differnt story .

OMG those GTO covers would be disgusting on an e36, I've seen a pic before of similar in PBMW once and it was freakin brutal man.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #15
vadim321go
6th Gear Member

i think id do this just for the fun of it, looks like something interesting to do

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: