Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 02:30 PM   #46
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R
Well seeing as you have Dodge Ram 1500 rims on your e36, an m3 badge on a golf doesn't sound too far off.

Hmmm, maybe i should throw a huge dodge sticker along the side of the bimmer. Hey i'll even give u my vw emblem so u can replace it with the m3 badge, maybe zlatco will stop crying like a little girl after that.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #47
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

Talking wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFAMOU$
So if someone had, OEM M3 skirts, wing, cluster, mats, seats, brakes, mirrors, engine, mouldings etc.. basically a wrecked m3 transfered onto their say 318 or 325.. you're gonna tell me you'd be able to tell? Do you check VIN#'s just to prove the person wrong? If so.. i think you have too much time on your hands.. no offense.. and i see what you're saying about that sorry excuse for an m3 clone.. But for people like boots and more out there i am sure some are taking offense b/c quite frankly.. it doesn't take much to take a 325 or 328 and make it better than an stock e36 m3.. so if they want to badge it.. badge it.. and i would laugh my ass off if SWEET ASS M3 had a huge built motor in it.. i'd love to see it smoke some ass who thought he's all that because he has the "real thing".
chick the VIN............done......
Old 01-02-2007, 06:38 PM   #48
Zlatko
Pravi Jugosloven

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFAMOU$
So if someone had, OEM M3 skirts, wing, cluster, mats, seats, brakes, mirrors, engine, mouldings etc.. basically a wrecked m3 transfered onto their say 318 or 325.. you're gonna tell me you'd be able to tell? Do you check VIN#'s just to prove the person wrong? If so.. i think you have too much time on your hands.. no offense.. and i see what you're saying about that sorry excuse for an m3 clone.. But for people like boots and more out there i am sure some are taking offense b/c quite frankly.. it doesn't take much to take a 325 or 328 and make it better than an stock e36 m3.. so if they want to badge it.. badge it.. and i would laugh my ass off if SWEET ASS M3 had a huge built motor in it.. i'd love to see it smoke some ass who thought he's all that because he has the "real thing".
If he got all that shit for his 3 series from an M3 and transplanted everything to make it as much of an m3, then i'd laugh at his stupid ass for wasting so much cash and money on it, when he could have bought an m3 from the factory...whoever does that is a stupid idiot, and i'd laugh at him even more than a poser with an M3 badge.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:41 PM   #49
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
^^why? when i was shopping for a car, m3's were in my price range.

every single one i found for under like 26-27K were beaten to shit.

i'd rather have a slower car that was well maintained, left stock, not tracked, etc.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
Old 01-02-2007, 07:09 PM   #50
Boots R
Boots, not boost

for the difference in price for insurance, in ONE year, between a 92 325is and a 95 m3... I could swap an m3 engine + tranny in my car.

in a year, it has paid for itself in insurance savings. Plus the many years more to come.

Also, I can't insure myself with an m3. Trust me, i've called around, i've tried. No one will take me.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:35 PM   #51
Zlatko
Pravi Jugosloven

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one
^^why? when i was shopping for a car, m3's were in my price range.

every single one i found for under like 26-27K were beaten to shit.

i'd rather have a slower car that was well maintained, left stock, not tracked, etc.
Ahaha...26k-27 for an m3..when was this? 3-4 years ago?

Anyways, it's not true that all have been beaten to shit. And anyways, what difference does it make whether or not an M3 is beaten, it can take it a lot better than a lot of grocery getters out there. One sure way to tell is if it has any mods, any mods, and chances are the guy is a car guy...you dont wanna buy from those. You wanna buy from a guy who is too stupid to do anything himself, so whenever anything happens, he takes the car in for service at regular intervals (like the guy who owned my car before me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R
for the difference in price for insurance, in ONE year, between a 92 325is and a 95 m3... I could swap an m3 engine + tranny in my car.

in a year, it has paid for itself in insurance savings. Plus the many years more to come.

Also, I can't insure myself with an m3. Trust me, i've called around, i've tried. No one will take me.
Yeah...insurance fraud is fun..And anyways, as i said..i can tell if the car is an M3 or not from a far. And if i get even closer, there are even more tell tale signs...

And if you take the time, and effort to swap in over everything from an M3 onto your 3 series..you need a life. Not to mention swapping over parts from stock m3s which m3 owners are desperately trying to get rid of.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:27 PM   #52
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
heh. getting a little arrogant are we?

boots' paintjob is worth more than the driveline of your m3.

and insurance fraud has nothing to do with this. My insurance company requires me to inform them if i change the number of cylinders in my car, not the displacement. And you could have your car re-appraised with a new motor.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
Old 01-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #53
Zlatko
Pravi Jugosloven

Quote:
heh. getting a little arrogant are we?

and insurance fraud has nothing to do with this. My insurance company requires me to inform them if i change the number of cylinders in my car, not the displacement. And you could have your car re-appraised with a new motor.
Im not arrogant at all actually..i personally believe that the E36 M3 is one of the slowest sports cars around, and aftermarket for cheap power mods is a joke, it doesnt exist at all.

And what do i care about a paintjob? No offense boots dude, but i wouldnt drive a car of that color.

As for your insurance company, go ahead and ask them about how much insurance would be if you SPECIFICALLY identify all the things that you have swapped over, and tell them that the car is on par with an M3 in terms of acceleration and speed.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:47 PM   #54
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

Quote:
so true

can i have the M3 badge?....i'm sick of my 525 badge
Old 01-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #55
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
so wait zlatko, you are saying that someone who takes a E36 chasis, and swaps over all the stuff to "make an M3" and then puts a badge on there has no life, yet you go around laughing at everyone who puts a M badge on a non M car? GEEE i wonder who doesn't have a life?

Is your M3 the be all and end all of cars? I think not, if it is "stock" like you suggest it is, then sorry to burst your bubble but Stock E36 M3's are not the best car in the world, sure they are really nice, but someone could take a E30 do it up for the same price you paid to get your HOLY M3, and do circles and laps around you. Common man, as stated here already what's the big deal if someone takes the time and effort to take something and make it better, who are you to say what they are doing is wrong? Is it your car? no. Why do you take so much time being pussy hurt over someone badging their car an M, Honestly that car you posted, looked fine, no rice, cept MAYBE for the exaust, but other then that nothing OFFENCIVE, cept the HOLY M3 badge.

I have M5 plate covers that I had on the 5er, which was a 530i, you gonna come make fun of me? Now they are on the X5,

ZOMG CALL ZLATKO THE FAKE M BADGE NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW buddy, you do realise that BMW did make a M535i? in the E34 chasis?

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf

Last edited by Hound; 01-02-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:52 PM   #56
JazzM
6th Gear Member

I have an M roadster license plate cover and door sills.

Oh yeah and don't forget the side guills and the guage cluster. (FYI, my car is originally a standard Z3 2.8)

The only thing I'm missing is the rear trunk and rear bumper but actually I like the way mine looks much better. The M roadie is too cluttered by squeezing the license plate onto the trunk instead of the rear bumper.

T.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:23 AM   #57
Furious
BMW again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatko
If he got all that shit for his 3 series from an M3 and transplanted everything to make it as much of an m3, then i'd laugh at his stupid ass for wasting so much cash and money on it, when he could have bought an m3 from the factory...whoever does that is a stupid idiot, and i'd laugh at him even more than a poser with an M3 badge.

wow this is gotta be the best comment yet.

so basically your saying to a good portion of us on this forum are stupid asses?

man your foot is in your mouth. if i put an m3 badge on my 325 and someone even yourself came taking shit to me, the next few seconds would be pretty funny.

the fact is most people who post this kind of rude arrogant snobby bullshit, dont really understand what being an enthusist is all about.
Propone is right, a good portion of the M3's out there were pretty tired and beat, and 6-7 years ago when i was looking for my car M3 prices were out of the question.
getting back to my point, I, myself want to build the ultimate 325. ive been working on it slowly for the 6/7 years and im very proud of my car, who are you or who to judge anyone on this forum,

what you need to do if **** off and leave, we have enough arrogant stuck up cunts on this forum.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:25 AM   #58
Zlatko
Pravi Jugosloven

I love this shit..

Let me break it down to you...very easily..

Spending 15k on getting everything transfered over from an M3 into your 3 series so you could save yourself 600$ a year on insurance by defrauding the isurance company, when you can save yourself about 8k by NOT buying the 3 series in the first place, and going to the US to pick up a real M3 for 14k...

Yep..you guys make a LOT of sense.

Let me break it down even further...you try so desperately to hide the fact that your car is a 3 series by getting M mouldings, M3 wings, front ends..and what the **** for? Half the M3 owners are upgrading their shit beyond the stock level, and all you're doing is slapping on the crap they take off so you can look like or make 75% of the power an M3 makes stock? That's some funny shit!

I wasnt arrogant at ALL, nor did i want to start up a flame fest, but let's be honest guys, what's the point of 99% of the shit you slap on your 3 series from an M3?

I wanted to make a funny thread about a fake ass 318 piece of shit with a dented in front end wearing some M3 badges, now i get 3 series owners defending this asshole?

Whatever you put on your car from an m3 ISNT WORTH IT. You understand? There is no point in it. Not mouldings, not the engine, not the wings, nothing. There is no point in swapping in big stuff because it ends up costing more than an M3 ORIGINAL, and spending cash on mouldings...what for? It's just mouldings.

BMW Ricers are still RICERS.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:37 AM   #59
Swerve
///Maquina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatko
Ahaha...26k-27 for an m3..when was this? 3-4 years ago?
shopping for one right now:

http://www.buysell.com/search/result...d=2116&id=2118

...probably going to get a newer 330ci for the same money.

.....and an M badge

///M3 body | Painted kidneys | Hartge spoiler | DJ Autos+DDM HID, DRL delete, clears
Hartge Nova 3+Kumho Ecsta SPT / Hamann HM2+Kumho Ecsta ASX | Bilstein Sports, H&R Sports, KMAC plates, RE RSMs, Racing Dynamics sways, M3 RTABs | M3 Front Brakes
M3 Exhaust | Autothority chip | Cosmos v2+K&N | NGK Iridiums | E46 M knob | clutchstop | woodgrain delete | /////ALPINE, PPI, MB Quart
Old 01-03-2007, 02:52 AM   #60
Zlatko
Pravi Jugosloven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve
shopping for one right now:

http://www.buysell.com/search/result...d=2116&id=2118

...probably going to get a newer 330ci for the same money.

.....and an M badge
Oh man...wow...the canadian market never ceases to amaze me.

Those cars would go for 10k less easily in the states.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: