Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 09:07 PM   #31
Zlatko
Pravi Jugosloven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R
LOL quit hatin on my badge. At least it's a REAL m3... badge.

Plus I have the full appearance package, so how is anyone to know? Unless you actually know your shit and what to look for... in that case, make fun of me all you want.
You're kidding right?
Old 01-02-2007, 01:00 AM   #32
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatko
You're kidding right?
Kidding about what? I bought a car, it came with an m3 badge. I want to take it off because it's not a real m3, but then I would probably have to pick off the sticky tape and then buff it clean. I'll do it next year when I take the car out on the road.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:12 AM   #33
Zlatko
Pravi Jugosloven

Quote:
Kidding about what? I bought a car, it came with an m3 badge. I want to take it off because it's not a real m3, but then I would probably have to pick off the sticky tape and then buff it clean. I'll do it next year when I take the car out on the road.
Use a blowdrier.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:13 AM   #34
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Use a blowdrier.
After I take the badge off? That will work? Will it just flake off?

Teach me the ways, so I can rid myself of this badge.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:14 AM   #35
M3Power99
2nd Gear Member

Whats the big deal, so the guy wants people to think he is driving an M3 ...
E36 M3 are not that big of deal ...
Old 01-02-2007, 02:43 AM   #36
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
lol ok this thread did it for me.

i'm badging my car as an m3, and will probably buy free m3 badges for all my friends who drive non-M e36's.

it really makes me happy that you guys get so worked up over this

just out of curiosity, if that guy's car outaccelerated/outbraked/outhandled/and looked better than an m3, would you guys still need a tissue?

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
Old 01-02-2007, 03:18 AM   #37
Zlatko
Pravi Jugosloven

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Power99
Whats the big deal, so the guy wants people to think he is driving an M3 ...
E36 M3 are not that big of deal ...
There is no big deal.

Fact is, he's making m3 owners look like clowns by doing this, and there are several reasons for this.

1) It makes people wonder if E36 M3s are really that hideous
2) It makes people think that the M3 is that slow when driven on the road (it is slow, but not as slow as a 318)
3) I dont know what is worse, the fact that he's lying to people or himself

I just wish i could have caught him...that's my only regret. Every time i comfront an M poser, it's always some stupid ****ing story that makes no sense..

-Guy with an "M540" said "It's an m package", when asked "Is the M badge a part of the package?" He didnt answer and looked all scared for some reason.

-Man with some old 82 "M528", i asked him why he had an M badge, he said it's cause he owned an M5...alright, and that somehow relates to your current vehicle..

-Teenager in a "M318" With a huge fart can, with just an M badge where the 318 went, i asked him "Why do you have the m badge?" he said "I have an M3 motor in here", when i asked him to "show me what it's got" he revved past me, did the slowest pull ive ever seen, and it sounded like a honda passing me. There was no engine swap.

Ive had numerous experiences, each of them funnier than the one before it, i just wanted to see this guy and ask him what HIS particular story is..it must have been something good...hahaha
Old 01-02-2007, 03:26 AM   #38
Gamite

well, people are obviously free to do what they like

but when it comes to BMW enthusiasts a like, we all know its a big no-no to put an M3 badge on your car if your car is not an M3.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:14 AM   #39
Sa///M3
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
well, people are obviously free to do what they like

but when it comes to BMW enthusiasts a like, we all know its a big no-no to put an M3 badge on your car if your car is not an M3.
I agree.

And Boots if you want the take the badge off here is how you do it, use a blowdrier to get the badge loose, then take the badge off using a dental floss. Use an adhesive remover to take off the adhesive, and install new badge.

This is how I did it, I think I got this "technique" from m3forum.com..
Old 01-02-2007, 08:43 AM   #40
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Ive had numerous experiences, each of them funnier than the one before it, i just wanted to see this guy and ask him what HIS particular story is..it must have been something good...hahaha
If you had caught me, MY story would be that I bought the car like that.

Now, i'm not agreeing with my badge... clearly because I want to take it off... but if you were to see my car parked somewhere, and saw the m3 badge... how would you know if it was a real m3 or not? I have the m3 mouldings, m3 front and rear bumpers, m3 side skirt, and m3 mirrors.

And Ivan, you can have my badge when I take it off.

Thank you Sa///M3 for the how-to.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:22 AM   #41
VSanj
6th Gear Member

^^Boots keep the badge on.................lol!!!
I dont have a M3 badge........but i agree with proper 1, if it pisses people off so much, i might get one put on............lol.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #42
DriveItSideways
Banned

someone get me a FAKE m3 badge so i can put it on my vw diesel just to piss off these sorry ass ppl that care to much about other peoples lives. Zlatco or whatever ur name is, you are one very funny jack ass Merry christmas and happy new year
Old 01-02-2007, 10:23 AM   #43
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Well seeing as you have Dodge Ram 1500 rims on your e36, an m3 badge on a golf doesn't sound too far off.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:12 PM   #44
Zlatko
Pravi Jugosloven

Quote:
Now, i'm not agreeing with my badge... clearly because I want to take it off... but if you were to see my car parked somewhere, and saw the m3 badge... how would you know if it was a real m3 or not? I have the m3 mouldings, m3 front and rear bumpers, m3 side skirt, and m3 mirrors.
Nah, believe me, i can tell
Old 01-02-2007, 01:36 PM   #45
INFAMOU$
Automotive Puppeteer

Send a message via MSN to INFAMOU$
Quote:
Nah, believe me, i can tell
So if someone had, OEM M3 skirts, wing, cluster, mats, seats, brakes, mirrors, engine, mouldings etc.. basically a wrecked m3 transfered onto their say 318 or 325.. you're gonna tell me you'd be able to tell? Do you check VIN#'s just to prove the person wrong? If so.. i think you have too much time on your hands.. no offense.. and i see what you're saying about that sorry excuse for an m3 clone.. But for people like boots and more out there i am sure some are taking offense b/c quite frankly.. it doesn't take much to take a 325 or 328 and make it better than an stock e36 m3.. so if they want to badge it.. badge it.. and i would laugh my ass off if SWEET ASS M3 had a huge built motor in it.. i'd love to see it smoke some ass who thought he's all that because he has the "real thing".
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: