Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-29-2006, 11:53 PM   #1
Simby
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Simby
Audi A4s

Hey. Looking for some info regarding Audi A4s.

Do the 2006 A4s have a bigger trunk than a E46?

Do Audi's really have a electrical/overall reliability problem or is it really about the same as BMWs?

I have an E46 now but I really like the look of the new A4s. The price of them seemed high but they come well equipped (xenons, sunroof, heated seats).

Thanks!
Simby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:21 AM   #2
325iSBimmer
///MMMM VIDA

Send a message via MSN to 325iSBimmer
the only advice I can offer is have a look over at www.vwvortex.com
Old 12-30-2006, 06:57 AM   #3
paul
5th Gear Member

The older twin turbo ones are shit, The engine only takes like 6 liters of oil i think. The oil dosent have time to cool and the turbos **** up after sometime due to the extra heat. My bestfriend works for the dealer and he replaces turbos all the time, the problem with this is u have to drop the motor and tranny to get to the turbos
Old 12-30-2006, 03:47 PM   #4
staydown
aka sTTaydown

Send a message via MSN to staydown
A4's don't have twin turbos.

Audis are pulling up their socks and reliability has improved over the past decade. Generally when you hear of the nightmares of any cars, you need to look at the source (website with the forums) and is it a tuner site, when people tinker, bad things happen!

If I were buying new, I would look seriously at the A4.

Mind you I do like the looks of the newer 3 series.

Drive both, I think overall if left stock, you'll have the same over all reliability for the most part so find a good fit and comfort for you. I do think BMW still offers all regular maintenance included up to 80k kms, Audi no longer offers this service "free".
staydown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:37 PM   #5
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

^^^I agree,hot rodding is fun,but when shit hits the fan everyone crys.....
Old 12-30-2006, 09:06 PM   #6
tominizer
6th Gear Member

Quote:
The older twin turbo ones are shit, The engine only takes like 6 liters of oil i think. The oil dosent have time to cool and the turbos **** up after sometime due to the extra heat. My bestfriend works for the dealer and he replaces turbos all the time, the problem with this is u have to drop the motor and tranny to get to the turbos

That's gotta be the most retarded thing I've ever heard someone say about Audi's. And are you talking from real life experience or based on what someone else is telling you.............. and if your buddy is referring to the 2.7T motor, he's a moron to say something so ignorant. BTW, turbo's are a wear and tear item and do eventually need to have maintenance or be replaced. Shit, I hate it when people say stupid things.
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:30 PM   #7
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

I had an airbag light come on while test driving an A4.

If you look at MSN.com (Used Cars, reliability ratings), it seems the newer cars have gotten better. The older 1999-2001 cars have some issues. I know a few people who have racked up miles on their A4's and it's constantly breaking down. They guys who lease theirs for 3 years only never seem to have too many problems; they donít keep it more than 50,000KM to find out.

I still wouldn't buy an Audi/VW. But, they've got some really nice looking cars. Their interiors are beautiful. The A8 Interior is stunning in my opinion. .
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:38 AM   #8
paul
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer
That's gotta be the most retarded thing I've ever heard someone say about Audi's. And are you talking from real life experience or based on what someone else is telling you.............. and if your buddy is referring to the 2.7T motor, he's a moron to say something so ignorant. BTW, turbo's are a wear and tear item and do eventually need to have maintenance or be replaced. Shit, I hate it when people say stupid things.
sorry i was thinking about the twin turbo ones s4. B4 you say its retarded read p on it Why is what i said so stupid. he works at the dealer, His dealer has fixed over 4 cars with this problem. All Audi says thats its bc of a lack of cooling. Bc the motor only takes 6 liters of oil. I dontunderstand why u r get all bent. I am just stating what i have seen and heard. If it is a problem with all of them i dont know. realy i dont car.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:07 AM   #9
tominizer
6th Gear Member

Over 4 cars eh .................. Whoa !!!

It also is dependent on HOW the owner takes care of the car. Some people will drive turbo cars really hard and then just park them hot. Yeah.......... then they're gonna fail.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:14 AM   #10
paul
5th Gear Member

I am just stating what i know and have seen, That is what the post is about FEEDBACk. If you dont like it sorry. Read it and move on. I dont see ur point in coming on and saying it is retarded or stupid. Another case of if you dont have anything good to say just shut up..........
Old 01-02-2007, 08:34 AM   #11
tominizer
6th Gear Member

To generally say that the older twin turbo motor is shit is an ignorant thing period ......... especially if you REALLY don't know anything about it. So what you're saying is misleading to this thread (and also totally irrelevant as the 2.7T twin turbo is no longer available in the current lineup)............ and it's shit like that that's annoying. You should take your own advice ................. if you don't actually know anything on the topic, then why post crap that's meaningless and misleading. Don't fault me for calling out your post and calling it shit. More people should be set straight more often for posting misleading and irrelevant garbage........... pretending they know stuff when they actually don't fuk all on the topic.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:19 AM   #12
paul
5th Gear Member

It isnt misleading. Its a hard fact that they have some problems with cooling of the turbos due to the amount of oil they carry. If the ealer has addressed it, to thepoint where they drop the motor and tranny out and fix it. At the cost of the dealer.

I just stated this FACT. As a heads up to anyone thinking of getting one of these cars. This forum is to help ppl out. Whats better someone post that this problem has happed to them and is going to cost tons to fix.

I dont see ur point i am just trying to give ppl of info that i feel is inportant and on the same topic.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #13
-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
4th Gear Member

I don’t think I would ever buy an Audi again. From personal experience their reliability is absolutely horrible. We had a 2001 A4 1.8T Quattro and it constantly needed work done – it was never beaten on or overly driven either. As was the same case with our 1996 A4 2.8 Quattro as well.

Not to mention that Audi’s customer service is the worst I’ve ever experienced.

Their reliability for the newer models do seem to be higher, however I don’t think I could ever be persuaded to purchase another one again.
-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:40 AM   #14
paul
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
I donít think I would ever buy an Audi again. From personal experience their reliability is absolutely horrible. We had a 2001 A4 1.8T Quattro and it constantly needed work done Ė it was never beaten on or overly driven either. As was the same case with our 1996 A4 2.8 Quattro as well.

Not to mention that Audiís customer service is the worst Iíve ever experienced.

Their reliability for the newer models do seem to be higher, however I donít think I could ever be persuaded to purchase another one again.
You cant say that about Audis its misleading. tominizer is goign to get upset and say ur post is bullshit and retarded. You cant put in ur 0.02
Old 01-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #15
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul
You cant say that about Audis its misleading. tominizer is goign to get upset and say ur post is bullshit and retarded. You cant put in ur 0.02
LOL hahaha paul you ****in kill me.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: