Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-25-2007, 09:56 PM   #61
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

run + to + and - to - ,for the box yes and to how crazy do you what,what is buget for the box,you and I have some talk about once before...your amp will just run that sub too....that is the new one from Premier and right now it is a top of the SPL game....OK I am don't doing it for free OK....
Old 02-25-2007, 10:06 PM   #62
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul christians
run + to + and - to - ,for the box yes and to how crazy do you what,what is buget for the box,you and I have some talk about once before...your amp will just run that sub too....that is the new one from Premier and right now it is a top of the SPL game....OK I am don't doing it for free OK....
wat other options do i have apart from building the box to manufactures specs?
And ofcourse ill pay u.

www.StanceFactory.com

Last edited by ZiMMie; 02-25-2007 at 10:09 PM.
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:10 PM   #63
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

will if you build it to their specs,If remember it was some what big for my liking and my to much for you too,but I will find out for and PM by WEDNESDAY ok....I thing do you what SPL or SQ or alittli of both worlds...
Old 02-25-2007, 10:16 PM   #64
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul christians
will if you build it to their specs,If remember it was some what big for my liking and my to much for you too,but I will find out for and PM by WEDNESDAY ok....I thing do you what SPL or SQ or alittli of both worlds...
ill pm u on wednesday.
HOllEY ****!! My brain hurt. Stop Smokin men.

www.StanceFactory.com
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:34 PM   #65
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

^^^^weeeeeeee....that is fine brother...and to what I am asking is SPL,SQ or abit of both,to the other thing don't mind that I am crazy....hwhehehe
Old 03-01-2007, 06:20 PM   #66
conte6
!! I Live 2 Drive !!

I have an Alpine Type R 500 watt rms enclosed in a Bassworx ported box running off an Audiobahn 8000t amplifier pumping out 800 watt rms into 2 Ohms which is what my sub is running at. I also have a Tsunami capacitor 1.2 Farad which helps out with the dimming lights because this amplifier draws so much power from the car battery. This system POUNDSSS and its funny because when people hear and see my car, they always ask me, how many subs you runnin there? And you should see their faces when I say one 10"!!! So basically I recommend Alpine!!!! From my experience, they are one of the top names, if not the best in car audio!
conte6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:02 PM   #67
djeurofest1
3rd Gear Member

i got 2 rockford fosgate T2's

they are loud, i mean loud
djeurofest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:30 PM   #68
FuryriderX
cra.iX.y

so are my farts

hehee
Old 03-19-2007, 08:39 AM   #69
tominizer
6th Gear Member

Just bacause a sub "POUNDS" (in someone's opinion) or is "LOUD"....... doesn't necessarily make it good.

And just cause it handles 10 zillion watts and you have your billion watt amp that dims whole neighbourhoods ........... that does not necessarily make it a good sub either.

It should be clean, accurate and able to reproduce the tunes as they were originally recorded. IF it's able to do that and also be very efficient (= no large power requirements = monster amps) then you have a winner.

At Performance World, I talked a ton of people about car audio. It's incredible how stupid people are............ wanting to spend a billion bucks on HUGE amps and monster subs ............ and they don't really know why they want to. They rhyme off wanting to be loud and pound and blah, blah, blah.......... but they just don't get it. Unless you are heavily into SPL competition and have an electrical system in your car to back up the amplifier power requirements (and I'm not talking about a capacitor), there is absolutely no point to going into this area of monster gear as it's a complete waste of your money for a daily driver or a show and shine car, etc. You CAN achieve 80% of the results for a hell of a lot less dough and not have to worry about your cars electrical system if you actually take some time to know what you're getting into, have a good plan and then shop smart. There is so much bullsh*t out in on the market today it isn't funny. People are being ripped off left, right and centre every day because they just have no idea.

Smart equals a couple hundred watts and a good efficient sub.
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:06 PM   #70
CTM194
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to CTM194 Send a message via MSN to CTM194
^^^^ Depends what your going for. All the guys i know have 2 12's and shit like that and one of my friends has 2 15" T2's and yea there loud but bass quality is pretty bad. I have 1 10" L7 and its clear and pretty loud for 1 10"
Old 03-19-2007, 05:27 PM   #71
FuryriderX
cra.iX.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer
Just bacause a sub "POUNDS" (in someone's opinion) or is "LOUD"....... doesn't necessarily make it good.

And just cause it handles 10 zillion watts and you have your billion watt amp that dims whole neighbourhoods ........... that does not necessarily make it a good sub either.

It should be clean, accurate and able to reproduce the tunes as they were originally recorded. IF it's able to do that and also be very efficient (= no large power requirements = monster amps) then you have a winner.
+1.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:24 PM   #72
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

OK,here you all go everyone JL has a new sub coming out and it is called TW5 they come 10 & 13".They only need 2.5" and that means 3.5 deph of box this work for those that space is not available to you...www.jlaudio.com go to new produces...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: