Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-05-2014, 08:35 AM   #1
cisco911
6th Gear Member

Video taken of me on highway

So this morning I was on the 401 and this guy tried to cut in as a lane ended and almost sandwiched me between him and an 18 wheeler. Had to slam on the brakes and almost got rear ended. I was able to pull beside him after and he basically told me to f off. I proceeded to pass him and slow down to get him to slow down and stop so I could have a few words with the turd. I look back and he is videoing me with his cell phone. My question is, can this guy go to the cops and show him a video of me basically passing and slowing down in front of him and saying that I was trying to cause an accident and have the cops come knocking at my door?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by cisco911; 12-05-2014 at 08:41 AM.
cisco911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
Dinanstu
3rd Gear Member

Using his cell phone while driving would give him a big fine and points...
Having said that, just let the turd go then report it if it's a dangerous act...
Old 12-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
the cops wont care. anything short of actually causing an accident on video will be routinely ignored by cops

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #4
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

He was likely just taping in the event that you started throwing punches or smashing up his car....
Old 12-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
Distinct
2nd Gear Member

He likely starts recording as a precaution against you in case you became physical in a confrontation. He doesn't know where this will end up. If someone is trying to stop my car, a ticket for using my phone while driving is the least of my concerns.

If nothing ended up happening, this video is probably archives on his phone or computer for later.

Second worst case he does provide to police which have other things to do.

Worst case he has your vehicle and license plate as his wallpaper now and uploads the video to Facebook an YouTube and plans to do stupid things to your car if he ever see's it again.

Since he sounds like an idiot, the worst case might not be too far off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Distinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #6
calegrant
6th Gear Member

So, you tried to use your car to force him to stop so you could get a few words in? You're just as much of an idiot as he is if that's the case. Recording that interaction sounds like the only sane thing that took place between you two, and that's what you're worried about here?

Old 12-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #7
cisco911
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
So, you tried to use your car to force him to stop so you could get a few words in? You're just as much of an idiot as he is if that's the case. Recording that interaction sounds like the only sane thing that took place between you two, and that's what you're worried about here?

Really? So next time your on the road and an idiot almost plows you into an 18wheeler that could possible end your life or better yet, the life of a family member or friend, come talk to me as to whether they deserve to be on the road. My best friend lost his brother because of an idiot like this. And what happened to him? He got his license suspended for a year and is now back on the road. That is complete BS! So I am sorry that I don't have your view on life. It is not like I was blocking the guy. He tried to do something he obviously did not have the space to do and didn't give two sh*ts about the outcome.

I would also like to state that I did not pass him and try to slam on the brakes to cause an accident. I passed and let of the gas and asked for him to pull over. Maybe not the smartest thing to do on the side of the road, but I don't want to lose another friend or family to one of these douche bags and maybe a little fear will help them stay in line.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:45 PM   #8
calegrant
6th Gear Member

I'm going to drive away and report them.

I agreed he's an idiot, so are you for using your vehicle to try and start a roadside altercation. Your reasons why are irrelevant, cops would agree.

Last edited by calegrant; 12-08-2014 at 07:51 PM.
calegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #9
newbe46
2nd Gear Member

As soon as I see a lane ends when I'm on the right most lane, I usually leave little to no room at all or even put my car on two lanes to make sure no one gets in front of me. That way you avoid letting people piss you off.

If they are already in front of me, I will let them in but if not. It's better they stay behind me. And let's not forget most people get on the merging lane just to jump ahead a few cars. Why should I be letting them in when they are taking advantage of others?

Yes, it's harsh but at least you don't get a heart attack. If they want to cut in still, you leave it up to them to decide whether to have that accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco911 View Post
So this morning I was on the 401 and this guy tried to cut in as a lane ended and almost sandwiched me between him and an 18 wheeler. Had to slam on the brakes and almost got rear ended. I was able to pull beside him after and he basically told me to f off. I proceeded to pass him and slow down to get him to slow down and stop so I could have a few words with the turd. I look back and he is videoing me with his cell phone. My question is, can this guy go to the cops and show him a video of me basically passing and slowing down in front of him and saying that I was trying to cause an accident and have the cops come knocking at my door?

Thanks in advance for your help.
newbe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #10
ac_2007
Cruising in Top Gear

Same shit happened to me because I honked at an SUV who stopped a KM before the merge lane ended, essentially blocking traffic.

I passed her, ended up in the left lane, and stopped because of traffic.
She came up in the middle lane, which WAS MOVING, and she stopped to take a picture of me.

I recall looking particularly fly on that day, so hopefully she flicks the bean to my picture.
ac_2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #11
ac_2007
Cruising in Top Gear

And to OP, if you didn't cause an accident, or do anything obviously stupid on video, forget the whole incident. Nothing will ever come of it (the one who took the video might come - depending on their sexual preference, though)

Every morning I face a bunch of morons on the highway.
It's even better when those who know fvck-all about driving, drive aggressively.

Maybe I should ask Santa for a BlackVue camera this Xmas..
ac_2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #12
windwagen
6th Gear Member

I realized a long time ago that you can't reason with unreasonable people, so why bother. Also, I'm the guy everybody hates for not responding to ppl cutting in front of me... so what if someone wants to be an A-hole on the road - there are tons to go around no doubt!!!

Just crank the tunes and enjoy your sweet ride. It'll make a shitty commute more relaxing.

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #13
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
^^+1

some of you people need more weed in your life

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #14
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwagen View Post
I realized a long time ago that you can't reason with unreasonable people, so why bother. Also, I'm the guy everybody hates for not responding to ppl cutting in front of me... so what if someone wants to be an A-hole on the road - there are tons to go around no doubt!!!

Just crank the tunes and enjoy your sweet ride. It'll make a shitty commute more relaxing.

Take your pick from below...
  • Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. —Greg King
  • Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain
  • Never wrestle with a pig. All you'll get is covered in mud, and the pig likes it. —Unknown
  • Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. —Proverbs 24:6 (NIV)

1998 328ic - Sold

Last edited by hockeyfan27; 12-12-2014 at 11:27 AM.
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #15
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Ha ha - I really like the first one .... with experience!!!

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: