Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-10-2002, 02:52 PM   #16
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Man she looks scary, it looks like she is gonna start salivating, please tlaselva take her off!
Old 12-10-2002, 05:47 PM   #17
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
Man she looks scary, it looks like she is gonna start salivating, please tlaselva take her off!
She was also in Resident Evil.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 05:54 PM   #18
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

shes from resident evil? who did she play? i dont recognize her...

anyways, so if i get direct TV..what will happen if a cop catches me with the illegal satalite?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 05:58 PM   #19
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
She was the main character dumbo..

Quote:
anyways, so if i get direct TV..what will happen if a cop catches me with the illegal satalite?
umm.. cop catch you?

I heard that Bell catches you by finding out that a signal is being taken from your surrounding area.

DirectTV is in the states, I dont think they scan in Canada at all. You're pretty much home free (literally)

Old 12-10-2002, 05:58 PM   #20
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:

Your ass is gonna get raped in prison
Old 12-10-2002, 06:18 PM   #21
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

bell catches me for having stolen direct tv? or stolen express vu...

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 12-11-2002, 01:30 AM   #22
KennyTheGreat
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to KennyTheGreat
it doesn't matter now

illegal for both, u'll get caught

mainly with RCMP if ur with directTV
but for bell

u gotat be slick

order that 8 dollar package
put the card safely away

buy a atmega
have ur receiver modded/ locked eeprom that is

thatz about it

now u didn't hear any of this from me ok !
KennyTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 09:03 PM   #23
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
I have never heard for the rcmp taking home users stuff or charging tham ... it is all bullshit. They are only after the programmers not the end user. If you can't get it programmed because they are all getting caught the price will exceed the cost of legal programming and ...end of problem. I have had a dss for like 3 years and a express for 5 and don't pay for them. I am not lucky just know they aren't catching on, or don't care
Old 12-13-2002, 04:34 PM   #24
///Greco540
4th Gear Member

The mistake that providers made when rolling out the sat systems was that they made the receivers one-way. The sat's in orbit beam down a signal over an area. Because DirecTV wanted to get ALL of the US in its transmissions, there was overflow into canadian territory, hence the lower part of canada is receiving the signal as well. Supreme court rulings in canada stated that if you can't pay for it then, decoding it is not stealing and DirecTV cant sell its services in canada. So for a while it was not stealing. Now Bell with its monopoly and power in the government paid off judges and had some rulings overturned so now its becoming illegal to "provide services" to help decode signals. All the places in canada selling the devices that help decode the signals are being targeted.

one thing i've learned though is that something that one brilliant mind created another brilliant mind can take apart.

Bell for the moment is more concerned of market penetration into homes so they really couldn't give too much concern if people are stealing. Half sale has been done if you install a bev exvu receiver in your home. Once they've reached their market penetration numbers then they'll make more efforts into cracking down on the hackers.
///Greco540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 04:41 PM   #25
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

so if i get illegal direct TV im safe?

Old 12-13-2002, 05:54 PM   #26
Gamite

Quote:
so if i get illegal direct TV im safe?
No, you're not, you didn't hear? every cop is gonna rape your ass!!

Old 12-13-2002, 06:52 PM   #27
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite

No, you're not, you didn't hear? every cop is gonna rape your ass!!
is that sarcasm? this is all confusing...can someone just give me a final answer without sarcasm...if i get illegal direct tv, how safe am i?

Old 12-13-2002, 06:53 PM   #28
hawai-Ian
3rd Gear Member

Stealing Directtv signal is not illegal in Canada (yet). Just lcheck out the many DTV vendor's ads. ALso observe the thousands of DTv dish mushrooming everywhere. Directtv has no legal strength in Canada whatsoever because they're not licensed by Canadian CRTC. if you're not licensed you have no way to sue or enforce anything.

The other two Sat companies that are Canadian based, you better not screw around. They're licensed so stealing from them is illegal and can land you in very hot water. On the other side of the coin, if the Yanks can get the Canadian signal, they can steal and not get into trouble. But who wants Canadian programming lol
Old 12-13-2002, 06:59 PM   #29
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally posted by MP328

Milla Jovovich from Resident Evil or The Fifth Element
Yes, Milla from Fifth Element. My fav movie. That's her just before she lays a beating to a bunch of tuff aliens.
It's hilarious. If you haven't watched it, give it a go.
It's one of those movies that you like exponentially more, every time you watch it.

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 12:16 AM   #30
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
Quote:
hawai-Ian Stealing Directtv signal is not illegal in Canada (yet). Just lcheck out the many DTV vendor's ads. ALso observe the thousands of DTv dish mushrooming everywhere. Directtv has no legal strength in Canada whatsoever because they're not licensed by Canadian CRTC. if you're not licensed you have no way to sue or enforce anything.
I think...In fact I know your wrong. The supreme court of canada ruled the "GREY AREA" is no longer grey. It is illegal to decode us signal in canada. The Us dss system is not liscenced to broadcast in canada( lack of canadain content) Bell and starchoice won the court battle in B.C this year against a local DSS programmer shop.
I know i could find the court ruling..I will post the address when I find it.
And ....
Don't worry man no cops are going to rape you if you have one. Bell at the moment was only interested in the hackers themselves not the end user as I have said..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: