Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-11-2006, 02:13 PM   #16
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor318is
more importantly, does anyone know the specs on that e30???
Specs are.

My M3 engine:
Euro S50 B30 with 6 speed gearbox

LOW COMPRESSION 3.0L
COMPRESSION RATIO : 8,5:1
FORGED JE PISTONS
TOTAL SEAL RINGS
FORGED CONNECTING RODS (PAUTER )
NEW OIL PUMP AND TURBO CHARGER ADITIONAL PUMP
STAINLESS STEEL HEADGASKET
PORTED POLISHED
2 TURBOCHARGERS EXHAUST MANIFOLD,IRON CAST
2 TURBOCHARGERS HKS BALL BEARING GT25/40R
HKS WASTEGATE
ALUMINIUM INTAKE MANIFOLD
BIG INTERCOOLER
HKS BLOW OFF VALVE
TSI ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM WHITH INTERNAL 22 PSI MAP SENSOR (PROGRAMMING BY KEMPOWER MOTORSPORT)
HIGH FLOW FUEL INJECTORS 850 cc
BOSCH 044 FUEL PUMP
DENSO IRRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS
2 BIG BMC AIR FILTER
EXHAUST ؠ76 MM

TOTAL:
BOOST PRESSURE : 15 PSI
526 HP @ 7500 RPM
71 Nm @ 3750 RPM

THE PROGRAMMING IS NOT FINISHED, I WISH TO HAVE 600 HP OR MORE WHITH 22 PSI IN THE DYNO.

www.StanceFactory.com
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:04 PM   #17
tominizer
6th Gear Member

.......kept up ............. huh !??!?!??!? I think this is mis-titled in a bad way. The Porsche also held better lines throughout the run.

Still, nice E30 at the end of the day.
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:21 AM   #18
static
6th Gear Member

did anyone noticed that the e30 driver had no helmet on during this 'ring ride???? (just a baseball cap)

i noticed the car is caged, i hear even on street it is a suiside to ride in a caged car with no helmet. This guy does it on track!
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:28 AM   #19
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by static
did anyone noticed that the e30 driver had no helmet on during this 'ring ride???? (just a baseball cap)

i noticed the car is caged, i hear even on street it is a suiside to ride in a caged car with no helmet. This guy does it on track!
YES, I intended to post about that during the whole video until I saw the comment about keeping up. But yeah, people like that are the reason a few people die there every week. How ****ing stupid do you have to be. I wouldn't leave the paddock without a helmet if I was in a tank. WillZ once told me how when they were testing his M5 there, a couple died in a convertible in a Z3 - the passenger was decapitated.
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:17 AM   #20
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

I give it to the e30 M3 and the driver they did pretty good.

I don't understand why people think that 20 year old car, with lots of work done to it can't keep up with current high end vehicles.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:59 AM   #21
cisco911
6th Gear Member

Its an E30 that has 600hp and is race preped with next to no extras(very light weight). Seeing this on paper one would think it should be able to take the CGT on a straight line as it weighs less and has just as much power, but that is not the case. The thing we all have to realize is that this E30 is a street car that was turned into a track car, while the CGT is basically a race car that was converted to the street. I honestly don't think the CGT driver was going into corners hard or pushing the car to the max like the E30 driver was. On the straight patched you see the CGT pull as the owner truly opens it up.

Lastly, anyone else notice that the E30 has porsche brakes? LOL
Old 12-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #22
tominizer
6th Gear Member

Quote:
The thing we all have to realize is that this E30 is a street car that was turned into a track car

You CAN correct me if I'm wrong here..........

........but if this is an E30 M3, your above statement is wrong. Yeah, it doesn't have the correct motor under the bonnet but the E30 M3 is not like current M3's in execution. The E30 M3 was built to race first and foremost.

Not so sure it's correct in stating that a CGT is a race car converted for the street either. I don't think that it was designed to be a race car and then converted for the street. I understood it's a statement piece for Porsche ......... and built for the fat wallet crowd. I can't be 100% certain on it's racing status, but I have yet to see one being raced professionally.

But do agree with some of your other observations. And good track vehicle is more then a high HP motor and weight. It's a complete package that has to be reliable.

Last edited by tominizer; 12-12-2006 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:18 PM   #23
Avus Blue Rob
2nd Gear Member

The Porsche would have done better waving the M3 by, and followed him to learn the line!

The M3 was on the line the whole time while the Porsche was mid-track, not committing to the corners.

Nice vid.
Avus Blue Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:55 AM   #24
tominizer
6th Gear Member

^ Huh ?!??!?

Uhmmmm, I don't think so.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:43 AM   #25
Lester
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avus Blue Rob
The Porsche would have done better waving the M3 by, and followed him to learn the line!

The M3 was on the line the whole time while the Porsche was mid-track, not committing to the corners.

Nice vid.
Agreed - as I stated earlier - The driver in the BMW was obviously a more accomplished driver - hitting every apex while the Porsche was typically very late and washed out in the corners...
- DZ CDVD
- RE CS
- H & R Sport Springs
Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:01 AM   #26
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Which is considered "keeping up."

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #27
cisco911
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer
You CAN correct me if I'm wrong here..........

........but if this is an E30 M3, your above statement is wrong. Yeah, it doesn't have the correct motor under the bonnet but the E30 M3 is not like current M3's in execution. The E30 M3 was built to race first and foremost.

Not so sure it's correct in stating that a CGT is a race car converted for the street either. I don't think that it was designed to be a race car and then converted for the street. I understood it's a statement piece for Porsche ......... and built for the fat wallet crowd. I can't be 100% certain on it's racing status, but I have yet to see one being raced professionally.

But do agree with some of your other observations. And good track vehicle is more then a high HP motor and weight. It's a complete package that has to be reliable.
Okay, the CGT is a rear engine V10(much like a lemans or F1 car). It has high tech silcone carbide brakes(not really necessary on the street). It has a high tech clutch and transmission system aslo silicone carbide. The wheels are on via a race lock single nut design. This seems like a race car setup to me. As for the car being built for the fat wallet crowd, of course, its a $500,000 car, who else is going to buy one??? I'm not sure as to the engine design cuz I have not taken the time to look, but I would not be surprised if the porsche V10 was based on the Audi Lemans race car engine.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:49 AM   #28
Birdman
First Gear Love

If that's not keeping up, then I don't know what is. Granted the CGT is not running the racing line and puts some distance on the E30 in the straight but the E30 is right on his ass in the corners. Also, if you put near 600hp in a light-weight good handling car, and it will go fast, maybe even keep up with a CGT.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:00 PM   #29
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco911
Okay, the CGT is a rear engine V10(much like a lemans or F1 car). It has high tech silcone carbide brakes(not really necessary on the street). It has a high tech clutch and transmission system aslo silicone carbide. The wheels are on via a race lock single nut design. This seems like a race car setup to me. As for the car being built for the fat wallet crowd, of course, its a $500,000 car, who else is going to buy one??? I'm not sure as to the engine design cuz I have not taken the time to look, but I would not be surprised if the porsche V10 was based on the Audi Lemans race car engine.

The M3 was designed for DTM homologation, the CGT was never destined for a racing series.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:03 PM   #30
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe
Which is considered "keeping up."
I just read some of the older posts and realized some people thought I was actually saying the opposite... it IS keeping up and then some!!! It is never "out of sight", the only times he lets the CGT get away is to toy with it, listen to the damn engine, he's not even giving it gas when he lets him get away, only to get on his ass again.

And for you guys saying the Porsche has better lines through turns, you either have no idea what the right line is or you're watching a different video than me. The CGT driver is shit which, granted, is the main reason the M3 is having such an easy time toying with him in corners but even in the straights, he is not falling back at all.

You can see that there are several stretches of "straights". Yes the CGT pulls away out of the corners but like I said in my original post, that's just what happens when you drive single file - the car out of the turn first, is on the power first. The important thing is what happens after the 2nd car gets out of the corner. Does the gap keep growing? NO. And as a result, in the next corner, they are back to nose to ass because the first car is now first on the brakes.
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: