Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #61
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN
They still do, . Ford owns: Aston Martin, Land Rover, Jagual, Volvo, Mazda.
Yes, I know that. I didn't say that Ford owned Aston. I said that Aston is Ford-owned.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:24 PM   #62
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

Too late to edit my post, but as i mentioned the new name for the S-type replacement, its "XF"
Old 12-11-2006, 10:55 PM   #63
Daddy
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta

3rd: I don't knock Ford for the sake of knocking Ford. I knock Ford because they suck. Their cars are all ugly, much like GM...their engineering is shit and their dealerships/service isn't the greatest also.
You know, you spent all this time writing a rebuttal that had some interesting points and then you ruined it by saying 'suck', 'ugly' and 'shit'. These are words kids use in arguing, not intelligent adults, like yourself, having an intelligent conversation. You've ruined your good argument with ignorant statements. Better luck next time.
I can confirm that Ford Sucks. Suck, ugly and shit are excellent words to use in conjunction with Ford.
Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:05 PM   #64
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy
I can confirm that Ford Sucks. Suck, ugly and shit are excellent words to use in conjunction with Ford.
One of the things i hate most is generalization. Hate it.
\
First of all, iam not a Ford fan.

with that in mind, let me make u a list of Ford vehicles, that may not be ure cup of tea, but definetly dont suck.

Ford GT !!!!!
Shelby GT500
Focus RS
Lincoln Navigator
Lincoln MKX
LS, or its upcoming replacement MKS ( check the preview)
F-150
Edge
Fusion / Milan (based on the competitionand price, its definetly one of the nicer ones out there)
i like the MKZ as well.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:21 PM   #65
europrince
6th Gear Member

^ thank you for that. its difficult to refute your list.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:31 PM   #66
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Quote:
One of the things i hate most is generalization. Hate it.
\
First of all, iam not a Ford fan.

with that in mind, let me make u a list of Ford vehicles, that may not be ure cup of tea, but definetly dont suck.

Ford GT !!!!!
Shelby GT500
Focus RS
Lincoln Navigator
Lincoln MKX
LS, or its upcoming replacement MKS ( check the preview)
F-150
Edge
Fusion / Milan (based on the competitionand price, its definetly one of the nicer ones out there)
i like the MKZ as well.
Ok, ok, maybe Ford doesn't suck, but they (as well as other domestic brands) are on the bottom of the list in so many categories and they probably always will be since other imports are stepping up year after year with their vehicles. So ya, I guess Ford sucks.
The point is that Ford's quality is horrible...all around the vehicle. Sure they make SOME models look decent, past, present & future, but that's not what it's all about when it comes to the consumer.

All those cars you mentioned have the exact same cheap craftsmenship, cheap material and cheap engineering...which makes the vehicle GARBAGE.
The Ford GT is a nice looking and decently spec-ed vehicle, but would you really take it over a Gallardo, SL55 or even a M5?! I know I wouldn't.
Navigator? You got to be kidding me? There's so many more SUV's out there that look WAY better and have better reliabiliy, fuel economy, and ride comfort.
My buddy has an F150 Lightning. It's pretty fast, it looks mean & tight (except for the gay taillights) but inside, it's just a Ford Focus. Not to mention he had a major problem at 15,000km. And guess what, he hasn't been over 160km/h and he has 25,000km since buying it brand new in 2001. Ya, Ford's great.

Mercedes is another brand that has lost touch with the level of class it once had. It looks like their bringing it back slowly but it will always be there now. I will never forget driving/analyzing a CLS500 earlier this year. It ran...well, OK when cruising, but it didn't move when you gunned it. For having a big V8 and 300hp/340tq, it was pathetic. Then inside, you could literally feel the cheapness of the dash and the glove box felt like it was going to fall off!

Last edited by FastM3; 12-11-2006 at 11:34 PM.
FastM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:46 PM   #67
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

who owns saleen?
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:47 PM   #68
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

no one. Saleen is a private company. They have contracts with ford, but arnt owned by them.

S7mmmmmmmmmmm
Old 12-11-2006, 11:51 PM   #69
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2ozebozz
who owns saleen?
I think Saleen is independant. They just supply Ford with parts for the GT, Mustang, etc.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:32 AM   #70
europrince
6th Gear Member

http://www.saleencanada.com/english/index.html

Yea, they're an independent company, but offer their product through select Ford dealerships with the full Ford factory warranty and a Saleen warranty.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:23 AM   #71
Daddy
3rd Gear Member

Ford Sucks. Period. I've owned a Ford Probe and I've visited every fooking Ford dealership in Toronto trying to fix that muthafooking car. Service was terrible and quality was terrible.

You're entitled to your fooking opinion, but you'd be wrong. Have you ever owned a Ford? I hope you haven't because they suck.

I will never buy a Ford ever again.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:24 AM   #72
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

Probe is alot of Mazda mechanicals.
BTw, i know a guy, him and his sister both owned probes, and they loved how well they ran....
Old 12-12-2006, 01:26 AM   #73
Daddy
3rd Gear Member

I hope you go bankrupt Ford.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:27 AM   #74
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy
I hope you go bankrupt Ford.
Now that's true hatred!
Old 12-12-2006, 01:29 AM   #75
Daddy
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Probe is alot of Mazda mechanicals.
BTw, i know a guy, him and his sister both owned probes, and they loved how well they ran....
I had a 1990 3.0L V6 LX model (Taurus engine I believe). Power retractible seat belt failures, retractible headlight failures, fuel pump problems, blown tranny, exhaust rusting off in about a year after ownership (1 year bumper-to-bumper warranty then), plus a host of other problems. I really loved (and still do) the look of the Probe, but the quality and service experience totally ruined me for life.

FORD SUCKS.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: