Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-05-2002, 02:45 AM   #1
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Magazine reviews, what do you think of them?

I think most of magazines are bullshiters, for example I track down E55,rs6,m5,jag roadtests and i had red about 2-3 articles and in every article it's different, in one m5 comes out the best in other E55 and all that. I mean this is crap, the M5 even shouldn't be there!!!! i say they should post factory time and let the people decide, test and make their choice!!! for example BMWM5 board is really pissing me off by saying that oh well "M5 still kiking ass and all that" It's a great car but come on they know that E55 has enourmous Torque....anyway...my point is that they should write about the car overall but not the 0-60 times and 1/4 m....coz it's really anoying reading diffirent articles and different times and all that.....they still cannot decide in their reviews what's faster C32 or m3....anyway what do you think guys?!

Last edited by AMG_POWER; 12-05-2002 at 02:48 AM.
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 02:53 AM   #2
mkgino
6th Gear Member

I think some may be biased based on amount each company advertises in the magazine. Best thing is to look at a lot of magazine tests and get the overall feel of each car.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:56 AM   #3
SickFinga

I really think m5 still kicks e55's ass.
and it is not biased.
Pretty sure e55 got 10 times more luxury and stuff, but in performance, c'mon. Yes it is faster, but in the video i didn't see a kill. and we aretalking about 5 year old compare to a car that is not even on the Canadian market.
I almost felt from the chair when on BENZ forum ppl were comparing s600 to 760i. And that was the most biased thread I've ever seen in my life.
someone was said that bmwengine is more advnced cause it has this and that perfomnce and about the same as superchrged engine. and some guys siad how can you compare 2003 model to 2002. I wanted to register and say something stupid, but I decided not to, because I was sure all member will just attack me.
Anyway, benz is a ride to cruize around the city and highway with luxury and comfort, bmw is more performance.
Now BENZ started to slap superchargers to compete with bmw.

I drove Betray's cll320.
It is a nice car, very elegant and very comfortable and ride is so soft. But in accelerating, handling and braking it was lacking.
Also car feels very heavy.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 03:05 AM   #4
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

FInga, personally i like M5 BUT i belive that E55 is really kicks m5 ass let's say up to 200 for sure E55 up to 200 is 14.4 sec,1/4 is 12.4 m5 is 20 smth 1/4 is high 13s?, but the point is yes bmw handls better for sure, but the brakes, E class is much better in braking now coz they use different style of brakes, (meet me up whenever you want and i can take E500 for a testdrive anytime, and give you a ride and all that) anyway i belive new V10 M5 will be sick and realllyyyy fast! as usual, as of 760 and s600 for myself i would take s600 coz it's more pimping car and it's faster! ummm what else? that's about it!!!

ANYWAY M3 i the best car from any angle of it!!!! i will shoot bungle my self if he messes with it!!
Old 12-05-2002, 03:15 AM   #5
Gamite

I forgot which article it was, but I've read a few on this topic, and I remember two of them that both still liked the M5 over the other 3.

There was one very interesting one, where they tested the cars for 3 days straight, on the first day, they liked the E55 the best, but by the end of the third day, the M5 came out on top again.

From a non biased view, I dont know what to say, the E55 is a beautiful car with amazing power, and the RS6 has the AWD. the M5 does seem kinda old, but it works, and it works well, tested through time, if someone were to give me one of these cars for free, I'd probably have to think long and hard about it.

I'd prolly end up with the M5 in the end. 4 doors that can corner, who can contest that?

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 03:18 AM   #6
SickFinga

yep, 12.4sec is some sick ass time.
but like I said, you are comparing sc v8 vs v8 and 5 year difference in technology.
compare old e55 with m5. I'm sure m5 will be much better in performance. and m5 is in low 13th, it is 13.2sec.
And why m5 still kick ass cause it still can compete with e55.
Also old e55 looked like last POS.

and yes Benz is 10 times more pimp than bmw. New s class is nice and damn pimp, but once again if we gonna compare previous models, old s600 looked like a coffin.
About speed I dunno what is faster s600 or 760i, but rear of s class looks boring, but front of the 745 looks like a frog.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:22 AM   #7
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite

From a non biased view, I dont know what to say, the E55 is a beautiful car with amazing power, and the RS6 has the AWD. the M5 does seem kinda old, but it works, and it works well, tested through time, if someone were to give me one of these cars for free, I'd probably have to think long and hard about it.

I would a hard time too. I love m5 it looks an performce good, but we know new m5 is comming up so that truning me away from m5. audi is damn nice, lacking in acceleration though. e55 is pimp and FAAAAST. Don't really like the look, not aggresive enough.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:22 AM   #8
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

yeah S-class rear is boring, but i like 7s front dunno why! still think M3 rocks the party small fast beast!
Old 12-05-2002, 03:25 AM   #9
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by BiMMer745i
yeah S-class rear is boring, but i like 7s front dunno why! still think M3 rocks the party small fast beast!
I love the rear of 745i, it is just awesome!!!

P.S. I don't see you in Laguna Seca Blue M3. Just can't YOu better go with a black one.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:33 AM   #10
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

nah.... if i get chance to get M3 i will get Laguna seca blue with tinted windows and AC kit Without rimz though....it should look great...or same color as Jordans...or maybe Dakar yellow lol...but i'm not in that stage you know.....first i have to decide what to do with my poor broken sick 745
Old 12-05-2002, 03:36 AM   #11
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by BiMMer745i
nah.... if i get chance to get M3 i will get Laguna seca blue with tinted windows and AC kit Without rimz though....it should look great...or same color as Jordans...or maybe Dakar yellow lol...but i'm not in that stage you know.....first i have to decide what to do with my poor broken sick 745

Laguna Seca Blue is my favorite color. But i just can't see you in Laguna Seca Blue m3, just not gonna look right, I dunno why, but it just doesn't suit you.
Old 12-05-2002, 04:02 AM   #12
Jeroen
2nd Gear Member

What about this Benz? Brabus E V12 biturbo 630Hp, 1000Nm.Brabus will produce a few of them in 2003,German price will be around 300k Euro's
Old 12-05-2002, 04:03 AM   #13
Jeroen
2nd Gear Member

Forgot pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brabus1.jpg (20.7 KB, 37 views)
Old 12-05-2002, 04:13 AM   #14
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

yeah forgot about it too acctuually this is cool one lol
Old 12-05-2002, 12:51 PM   #15
Miguel
...Delt Smash

what about the clk class? I think they are the PERFECT mix of luxery, performance, and bad-ass styling. This picture is of an older model, looks very current styling-wise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg benzo.jpg (54.4 KB, 23 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: