Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-22-2006, 12:20 PM   #16
///Milan
4th Gear Member

Guys honestly, who are you to tell him where he can drive his car? If he wants to see if the X5 can swim and drives it off a dock, you still don't have a place to tell him. And honestly, if the X5 can't handle being in some mud, I don't think it should be on the road. Nice pics Sean.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:28 PM   #17
T.tal
2nd Gear Member

Its not about telling him where he can drive the car...its called what normal person takes a brand new BMW off roading? Its not only about the mud...what about the stones?
T.tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:33 PM   #18
E36is
'OldSchool..'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron328
Guys honestly, who are you to tell him where he can drive his car?
^^ its not his car...its his daddy's..
E36is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:39 PM   #19
dave328i
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to dave328i
love the vehicle

not so excited about the pictures

i dont know if you're going for artsy or whatever, but they would be much nicer if you couldn't see that warehouse/street lamps in the background. makes it look like youre in a highschool football field.

also, get some mud on that paint!!!!!! looks like you did 10km/hr.. get it dirty!!!!
dave328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:44 PM   #20
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Props for not being afraid to take ur luxury suv thru mud (lord knows i flinch everytime i have to drive my parents SUV through a construction zone )
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:04 PM   #21
///Milan
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36is
^^ its not his car...its his daddy's..
Yeah I know that, but I have full access to my parent's cars too - it's in his family. It's an SUV, I don't care if it's a BMW, he drove it onto a little field basically, it's not like he tried the Dakar in it. I know the X5's aren't made for liek rock crawling but their not THAT incapable. I'm sure the X5 will be ok guys.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #22
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

SUVs are to used for what is for,not a city SUV............OH have fun with shit flying OK......WOW there is so many people here that say so much shit about how to drive and where to drive,it is a 4X4 is it not,he has not taken it hard core off road at all...........SEAN have fun with it man...........hehehehehehehehehe....So if it snows for 10hrs and you 8" of that,so you stay home whan you have an X5.........NO f.....king way I go and play...............OH 1 more thing it is not CR-V or any of those pieces of SHIT...........and it is not the 530 any more..........so he can play TRACK & FIELD anytime,anyplace.....................

Last edited by paul christians; 11-22-2006 at 04:31 PM.
paul christians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 04:53 PM   #23
dropped_E30
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.tal
Its not about telling him where he can drive the car...its called what normal person takes a brand new BMW off roading? Its not only about the mud...what about the stones?
there's stones everywhere, on streets, highways, not just the mud field he took it to...and anyway, its not like he actually tried to climb that hill
dropped_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #24
rodo
6th Gear Member

Let him do whatever he wants, is HIS family's X5. I would offroad it too, we're not talking about climbing a 45 degree rock, just getting mud on it. Geez...

and who cares if its his family's car? God, some people on here are so dumb about shit like that. The shit I used to get about how i drive my dads 325i? who gives a **** if its my dad's! I never said it was my own, and neither did he. Why do you guys have to be so sour? Theres also some people on this site that use daddy's money but I don't see you guys giving them a hard time

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:26 PM   #25
DAM
Trinational 951

that is a sexy machine, and bahahaha to your avitar, i have seen it a bunch of times, but never really looked at it
Old 11-23-2006, 05:56 AM   #26
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
thank you to all that understand here. To the others, well I have no comment, let's leave it at that, cause I know that If I get into it, Im gonna say things I may regret. Simply, If you don't/can't say anthing nice, then just don't post cause you just make yourself look bad. dave328i, don't worry, once it's broken in, there will be pics of It with lots 'o mud hehehe, don't worry though I will wash it off , also I just crawled in there, so as to avoid getting mud on the paint, very little actually got on the truck, I drove super slow after so that the mud on the tires just went up into the wheel wells. Also the mud was hard packed, cause we had just had a freeze the night before.

To those who think Im being rough, come out here and see how I drive it, I am babying it just as If it were mine that I just got, infact if I had bought it myself I still would have done that, cars/trucks are ment to be driven not looked at in a bubble (cept mitch's car hehe)

Also just so you know, when I asked to take the truck to go take pics, I said that I might get it a bit dirty, my mom who was the one at home at that time, said "have fun, just be ready to clean it if it's bad, but just go have fun I trust you" that is word for word.

Dad got home, looked at it real quick and just smiled, saying "why did you do this when I was at work, now you have to take me out there again, too bad eh?"

Not like im doing shit that they don't approve of, see in my family, it's a little different, I have earned my parents respect when it comes to driving their vehicles, thus why I drive them so much, it's cause they know that I am responsible enough, that If something DOES happen, that I take care of it to the best of my ability, and at the end of the day, they are just cars, they can be replaced I can't, should something happen, like with what happened with the 5er, sure it was hard, but they knew It was not my fault and that it could have just as EASLY happened to one of them as it did to me, just how things work, driving a car is a huge risk that we all take when we get behind the wheel every day, but that shouldn't make you stay home now should it? screw that, If something is gonna happen, such is life, Im just gonna make sure that if it happens to me, I will do everything in my power to stop it, or minimize the end result.

Thats really all im gonna say, maybe my family is wierd i really couldn't care less if you think so, cause every family is different and there is really no right or wrong way to run one, what works for us may not work for you, that doesn't make it wrong.

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf

Last edited by Hound; 11-23-2006 at 06:08 AM.
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:16 AM   #27
Gamite

what happened to the E60?????

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:00 PM   #28
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
what happened to the E60?????
It's in BMW heaven.
Nice truck Sean. I might be looking into one really soon.
R_JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:21 PM   #29
T.tal
2nd Gear Member

Hey Sean,

I don't know why you feel as though you have to prove yourself to anyone on this site...people are entitled to their opinion but you don't have to explain yourself to them! Enjoy the new ride...but be careful with it…eh!
T.tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #30
Ant118
BmwAviator

^^ OMG She's BACK. Yeah sean, sweet truck. Hey if u want to come by tonight. PHOOTSHOOT!

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Ant118 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: