Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Detailing & Care
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-15-2006, 08:44 AM   #16
BMWWW
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattdee328
turtle wax...anygood?
I've never used TW based on the availability and proven track records of other products that can be found locally. Picus has done a good review of ICE in the past, and if I recall, it doesn't last long; 2-3 weeks IIRC.

Locally, you should scavange your Carquests for Collinite 845, Duragloss 105, and perhaps NXT from Canadian Tire. The former being extreamly cost efficient (~$10-15), and are both very durable.

Good luck!
--Gabe
BMWWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:16 PM   #17
Rocka
1st Gear Newbie

Do I need to have a buffer to apply the Klasse wax and sealant or I can apply that stuff by hand? I don't have a buffer and I don't feel comfortable using one either. I just want something that I can apply by hand to protect the car during the winter.
Rocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:29 PM   #18
BMWWW
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocka
Do I need to have a buffer to apply the Klasse wax and sealant or I can apply that stuff by hand? I don't have a buffer and I don't feel comfortable using one either. I just want something that I can apply by hand to protect the car during the winter.

No buffer required. All you need is a foam applicator, and you're good to go. Thinner is better, and keeping your applicator damp with water will definitely help!

Good luck!
--Gabe
Old 12-17-2006, 05:40 PM   #19
Rocka
1st Gear Newbie

Where can I buy Klasse products in the GTA area? Canadian Tire, Parts Source?
Old 12-17-2006, 05:54 PM   #20
BMWWW
2nd Gear Member

I believe Lastingshine.com (sp?) will have it available... Sorry, but I forgot the actual name, I'm sure someone will have it handy. AFAIK, they're the only one's that carry Klasse locally.

Online, eshine/carcarsmart carry Klasse.

Good luck!
--Gabe
Old 12-17-2006, 06:29 PM   #21
bscarlett
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWWW
I believe Lastingshine.com (sp?) will have it available... Sorry, but I forgot the actual name, I'm sure someone will have it handy. AFAIK, they're the only one's that carry Klasse locally.

Online, eshine/carcarsmart carry Klasse.

Good luck!
--Gabe
http://www.lastingshine.ca/ is actually the site. Paul Joseph runs it and has amazing prices and even better customer service. Tell him Blair sent you! I get all my detailing supplies from him. If you are looking for something particular, he always has good advice.

P.S. He does carry Klasse.

2005 X5 Sterling Grey/Truffle Brown, Premium and Cold Weather Package, DICE iPod Kit, Bluetooth, DSP, Comfort seats, Invision DVD Headrests, Valentine V1 hardwired, TomTom GPS
bscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:54 PM   #22
picus
Detailing Geek

Send a message via AIM to picus
+1 on Lasting Shine, great guys over there. Eshine.ca is also good and also carries Klasse products. AIO is very easy to use, HGSG can be a bit tricker so before application you might want to shoot on over to Autopia.org and read up on suggested application methods.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:13 PM   #23
bscarlett
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by picus
+1 on Lasting Shine, great guys over there. Eshine.ca is also good and also carries Klasse products. AIO is very easy to use, HGSG can be a bit tricker so before application you might want to shoot on over to Autopia.org and read up on suggested application methods.
And if you have seen the detailing picus does, you can be assured he knows what he is talking about. I have seen his work on autopica.org and he works on some fine cars!

2005 X5 Sterling Grey/Truffle Brown, Premium and Cold Weather Package, DICE iPod Kit, Bluetooth, DSP, Comfort seats, Invision DVD Headrests, Valentine V1 hardwired, TomTom GPS
bscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:08 AM   #24
Rocka
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by picus
Any suggestions of winter protection wax and sealant from Canadian Tire or local stores?
Old 12-20-2006, 09:22 AM   #25
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Any Wax on the paint is really better than none at all.

For the winter cars, I use Zymol from CanadianTire. I based the results from the following, several years ago.

http://www.ffcobra.com/magazine/waxtest.html

But, even Turtle Wax twice a year still protects the paint. I've had an old Hyundai Pony's and Dodge K-Cars that were waxed twice a year with Turtle Wax, and the paint never faded even after 5-6 years!

I use Zaino on the Acura, Accord and BMW. Each about 3-4 Coats. It repels water for 4-5+ months!

Zymol seems pretty good for the cars I just want to protect, but don't want to waste too much time.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:41 PM   #26
picus
Detailing Geek

Send a message via AIM to picus
You can get Zaino locally at any Barbers Chair location.

If there isn't one near you and you want to grab something from Canadian Tire, probably the longest lasting thing they have their is Meguairs NXT Tech Wax (actually a sealant), it'll only net you about 8-12 weeks, but as mentioned by dtthiaga, anything is better than nothing at all. NXT is very easy to use, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocka
Any suggestions of winter protection wax and sealant from Canadian Tire or local stores?
Old 12-31-2006, 10:09 AM   #27
touchofclass
1999 BMW 740i BMW 2000IT

Auto Spa in Mississauga located on Laird Drive is an excellent detailing shop with great prices and friendly service. My executive friends take their 7 series,5 and 3 series there and the cars come out like new. Talk to John the owner and tell him you are a Maxbimmer member and he will look after you.

Cheers
Touchofclass (7series/3 series/Volvo 780 Bertone classic)
touchofclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:07 AM   #28
Rocka
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks for all the advice guys. I just picked up some Claybar and NXT Tech Wax from CT. However, when I was there I was looking for a new wash mitt. All they had was some cheap imitation microfiber ones. I then proceeded to another CT to see if they had better ones but again it was the same crappy stuff. Does anyone know where I can purchase a good quality and decent wash mitt in the GTA?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: