Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-13-2006, 11:18 PM   #16
static
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30

But i think it was basically, e30m3 spindels e36m3 brakes...but im going blank and only faintly remember something about a spacer for the rotors or hub or something and currently can't remember if the e36m3 calipers/bracket bolts up directly to the e30m3 hubs or if anything custom was required.
you're trying to help, but doing a half-arsed job
SBI spacer for the rotor, the setup Jordan ran

Quote:
........but the car would stop on a dime...
just with this statement you gave away that you don't know jack about brakes. There is hope though, go to stoptech.com and educate yourself.

Last edited by static; 11-13-2006 at 11:21 PM.
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:21 PM   #17
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

**iqnores above poster**

I found some info on the fronts.

The spacers I spoke of for the fronts are called SBI rotor spacers, which allows the use of e36m3 brakes on E30 M3 front strut assemblies.

Check out here for more details.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4652985812

I'll let some pics do the talkin.

EDIT: Sorry for the oversized shit, thats what i get for linking off someone elses shit. Im too lazy to resize them and rehost them.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:21 PM   #18
Striker
Turbo Ready

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/viewtop...&highlight=lug

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/viewtop...b6f322f81fe72e

All the info and pics you could ever need.

SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
THANK HITLER, BMW HAS ALL THREE
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:27 PM   #19
Striker
Turbo Ready

Oh the only other down side to using the e36 m3 set up, I HEARD, is that you can't get the ABS to work. Being an electronic techie with a mechanical and machining background, I am almost sure I can make it work

On track cars, people usually disable the ABS anyways.

If you are in no rush, I am crossing my toes and fingers, I should start my swap by Jan. I can show you my progress.

Static and T.Dot, we need to get along man, I just had, as many of you seen, a nasty exchange of posts with another. This went far beyond the
actions of my "daily" character, I am normally a cool peacemaker, but sometimes I have to be like that especially in someone’s defence.

You are both cool guys and from what I have seen on the board, both knowledgeable as well. I am here to learn as well, and can learn for you guys too.

Raph.

Last edited by Striker; 11-13-2006 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:34 PM   #20
static
6th Gear Member

one other downside i can think of is the extra unsprung weight of both E36M3 rotors and 17" rims needed for this to happen.

@Trevor: making claims that you cannot/refuse to backup won't win you good rep
Old 11-13-2006, 11:40 PM   #21
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by static
just with this statement you gave away that you don't know jack about brakes. There is hope though, go to stoptech.com and educate yourself.

Sorry, i much rather jus go out in the real world and build a proper setup myself. My education is not limited to what I read online.

But, again at this point in my life being a student, wasting money on an e30 to prove you wrong is not on my list of priorties. Since you like paying people to do stuff for you, why dont you pay me a few g's and i'd show you how its done.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:48 PM   #22
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Having a super fast well sorted car is one thing, driving it to it's full potential is a whole another ballpark.

Let's leave it at that.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:57 PM   #23
static
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Sorry, i much rather jus go out in the real world and build a proper setup myself. My education is not limited to what I read online.

But, again at this point in my life being a student, wasting money on an e30 to prove you wrong is not on my list of priorties. Since you like paying people to do stuff for you, why dont you pay me a few g's and i'd show you how its done.
seriously, i would do it, if only i had guarantees that it would be worthwhile spending of hardearned $$$.

As I already told you once before, if i had an uncle with professional garage or at the very least private garage and all the tools and time needed, i'd do it myself. But at that point it was either pay a mech to do it or not have it done at all, as my poor m20 was slowly dying and it was my only car.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:58 PM   #24
static
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe
Having a super fast well sorted car is one thing, driving it to it's full potential is a whole another ballpark.

Let's leave it at that.
QFT!
Old 11-14-2006, 12:03 AM   #25
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:

Let's leave it at that.
Axxe you speaking from experience right JK
He is right, and the best place to learn is on the track.

I have raced before, do track time here and still this whole new monster I am building will make me very tremble until I learn all it's nasty ways. I will respect the car until I understand him well than kick his nuts

The smart mature thing to do is to get used to the car well and become familar and comfortable with its bad habbits.

Gleb is smart, making sure he has good brakes for the engine mods. Too many people focus on go mods and forget that they have to stop after the fun.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:12 AM   #26
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

What I was getting at, is that I was running circles around many people in faster cars, simply because I knew what I was doing behind the wheel. The car is only 10% of speed, the rest is the driver.

IMHO, driving a slow car flat out >> driving a fast car slowly, that's why M20 E30's are so much fun. Not fast, but fun.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:12 AM   #27
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by static
As I already told you once before, if i had an uncle with professional garage or at the very least private garage and all the tools and time needed.
For your info, that 2dr e30 is the only time i've done any of my own work at the shop except for oil changes.

Everything else from the lowering of my 4dr to the painting/installation of the plastic bumpers to my brakes was done on my driveway.

Rememer your first comment when you came into the shop??

"Wow, i've never seen/been underneat and e30 before"
since then you've read online for countless hours and watched a machanic work on your car and all of a sudden you know more than everyone else, even thou u say you dont....you damn well pretend to when telling someone what to do, or giving advice.

Jealousy? lol please......jealous of you paying someone to do something then pretending your the expert on swapped e30s, and then trying to talk down to someone severals years younger than you bcus i dont own an swapped e30? No sorry.

/end of any discussion i will ever have with you.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:13 AM   #28
static
6th Gear Member

^^ was never interested in your childish discussions in the first place, since the time that you "realized" that i was on the better side of the previously agreed deal

never claimed i new more than anyone else. If you want to challenge my suggestions, just ask for my reasons. Do you even know how to carry out a civilized argument?
You talking about e36m3 brakes with spacers puts you at the same level where i am: never done or experienced them, but read about them and understood how that would work. After this you try to judge me?

btw, having relative working in garage and doing your work on your driveway is the most retarded thing i heard. Why make it harder for yourself?
Next time you work on the car, tie your right hand behind your back.

but i'll let you have the last word, as it seems you're itching to have it
Old 11-14-2006, 12:03 PM   #29
Striker
Turbo Ready

Guys, come on kiss and make up

I know I just had a big blow up with someone here and I am amazed how we can be dragged down into a lower level we are not used to by arguments. I totally hate bragging and having to compare, but sometimes it happens and have to let people know you are not a mule.

Arguments bring out the worst in us because all the emotions starts flying all over, and for you young guys, the addition of testosterone, it's like a nuclear war.

Just kidding, trying to make you guys laugh and drop this man.

BTW, I am fighting hard to win the Nobel Peace Prize, you guys work with me here.

Raph.

Last edited by Striker; 11-14-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:20 PM   #30
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
What I was getting at, is that I was running circles around many people in faster cars, simply because I knew what I was doing behind the wheel. The car is only 10% of speed, the rest is the driver.

IMHO, driving a slow car flat out >> driving a fast car slowly, that's why M20 E30's are so much fun. Not fast, but fun.
I know exactly what you are getting at. There is a guy up here Kalus, he just posted in my German thread, who is a typical example.

This guy drives his e30 squeezing the last .0000000001 HP out of it while pushing it to it's ever so close limits.

He takes that 20 year old car and get's the blood pressure of all the dudes with the " new fast cars" soaring high.

At most rack events he is the guy people try to beat and some were trying for years and with huge budgets.

All in all, it's him, not the car, and money and mods cant buy raw talent. I have quite a bit of driving experience, but there is always room for improvement, so I am happy to be a friend of Klaus

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: