Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2006, 03:13 PM   #31
Striker
Turbo Ready
 
Striker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Striker with his secret crush on Mark D took this is a direct attack on Mark D and started the personal attacks...what a loser.

Maybe, but I think JC fondled your batty hole one time too many which is stronger fellings than my secret crush on MD.

You have seen that dyno before, yet you were asking me earlier to post it.

As I said in my previous post, you will come back with some utterly senseless replies to justify you absoulte ignorance. You are making yourself look more idiotic than ever, we may have to start a collection fund for the Curties Idiotic Graduation Crown.

This whole thing started with you questioning MD's ability to tune an m20, and now trying to say I started it.

You don't realize that your mouth and batty hole are rapidly becoming twins, you keep requesting more confirmation.

Jay why don't you just ban this moron, we already got rid of one, this one looks promising.
__________________


SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
THANK HITLER, BMW HAS ALL THREE

Last edited by Striker; 11-10-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:08 PM   #32
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.
 
BMW BMXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 7,761
Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Easy with the banning. Jay =/= Jordan.

MARK D OR NOTHING!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR


(says the guy with a Jim C chip)



-Dave
(still bringing nothing to the table)
__________________

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:10 PM   #33
jwood0071
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Miami
Posts: 46
Send a message via AIM to jwood0071 Send a message via Yahoo to jwood0071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker
Great to hear it went ok, I did read the guys chip BTW and it was OK. He actually indicated hat the car started but wasa running rough. We think he sould have driven the car so that the ECU could have adapted to the new chip.

Happy you are running OK now and we are sorry for making you popular by keeping your thread alive

We do this for all good new members.
It is cool with me and you guys have great info to share.
__________________
Visit My Homepage

jwood0071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:01 AM   #34
Striker
Turbo Ready
 
Striker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood0071
It is cool with me and you guys have great info to share.
Anytime

I am sorry about all the crap that happened on your thread, and sometimes I get annoyed at this sh!t. I try to be a more humble person, but sometimes, just sometimes I just cant see BS go by.
__________________


SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
THANK HITLER, BMW HAS ALL THREE
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:09 PM   #35
MarkD
Banned
 
MarkD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In Your DME!
Posts: 2,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
I've seen that dyno before. The colors are all messed up compared to the words. The dark green 175 torque that is the highest curve matches the color of the Jim C chip text but not the words in the text, and the light green is screwed up too...what happend there? is that a photoshoped dyno chart that someone didn't color match well? I don't see how a computerized dyno program could screw up the graph colors...

The plots were made from the raw data that you can get from most dynos.
There was a problem with the colour of the plots.

Here is the email I got from Alex Shchipkov, who owns the car.

__________________________________________________ _________
Mark,

In the software there were different shades of green with shading.
Apparently the legend didn't tranfser to the image.

See attached, I printed the graphs on paper and then scanned it. While it shows the legend the quality isn't as good.

Let me know. I can send you dynojet files so you can play with them.

Thanks.

Alex.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Also, his motor has stock internals and injectors. He has to keep it that way to run in the class he is in.

There is a very noticable difference between my chips and the other brands.
Funny thing is, most people who buy them are in the USA, not Canada.

You also mentioned that I must have looked at JC's chips to make mine. There's no need to do that.


MarkD

Last edited by MarkD; 11-11-2006 at 01:12 PM.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:55 PM   #36
Curtis
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker
Maybe, but I think JC fondled your batty hole one time too many which is stronger fellings than my secret crush on MD.

You have seen that dyno before, yet you were asking me earlier to post it.

As I said in my previous post, you will come back with some utterly senseless replies to justify you absoulte ignorance. You are making yourself look more idiotic than ever, we may have to start a collection fund for the Curties Idiotic Graduation Crown.

This whole thing started with you questioning MD's ability to tune an m20, and now trying to say I started it.

You don't realize that your mouth and batty hole are rapidly becoming twins, you keep requesting more confirmation.

Jay why don't you just ban this moron, we already got rid of one, this one looks promising.
Striker , youre making a complete idiot of yourself. Read the whole thread again. I never said anything negative about Mark D. I guess if someone doesn't share your opinion they should be banned. In my opinion youre a complete loser with nothing positive to add. You are completely closed minded and not open to any discussion. Why don't you go back to painting over the dirt in your engine bay and being generally useless. You seem to be quite the post whore, why don't you respond to this 10 more times with useless responses?

Last edited by Curtis; 11-12-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:00 PM   #37
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!
 
Axxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Striker , youre making a complete idiot of yourself. Read the whole thread again. I never said anything negative about Mark D. I guess if someone doesn't share your opinion they should be banned. In my opinion youre a complete loser with nothing positive to add. You are completely closed minded and not open to any discussion. Why don't you go back to painting over the dirt in your engine bay and being generally useless. You seem to be quite the post whore, why don't you respond to this 10 more times with useless responses?


Hahahahahah.


Seriously, grow up boys.
__________________

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:00 PM   #38
Curtis
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD
The plots were made from the raw data that you can get from most dynos.
There was a problem with the colour of the plots.

Here is the email I got from Alex Shchipkov, who owns the car.

__________________________________________________ _________
Mark,

In the software there were different shades of green with shading.
Apparently the legend didn't tranfser to the image.

See attached, I printed the graphs on paper and then scanned it. While it shows the legend the quality isn't as good.

Let me know. I can send you dynojet files so you can play with them.

Thanks.

Alex.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Also, his motor has stock internals and injectors. He has to keep it that way to run in the class he is in.

There is a very noticable difference between my chips and the other brands.
Funny thing is, most people who buy them are in the USA, not Canada.

You also mentioned that I must have looked at JC's chips to make mine. There's no need to do that.


MarkD
Thanks for clearing up the color issue with that dyno. That particular graph has been posted and debated on other forums and nobody has ever known what happend with the colors until now.

If I was a chip tuner, I would be very curious to see what other tuners chips looked like. Are you telling me you have never looked at anyone elses chip? I find that hard to believe. Many people who don't even burn chips have at least read other chips just to see how it differs from stock. I'm not saying you copied anyones chip, but it would be logical that you have at least looked at other chips, but if you have never seen another tuners chip before then I believe you. If I was going to make a new chip I know I would look at all the other chips that came before if for nothing else then curiousity sake.

Like this guy for example : http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e30/eng...ip_report.html

Last edited by Curtis; 11-12-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:35 PM   #39
Curtis
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 24
Also, Mark D, since you are following this thread I was wondering if you could post a dyno graph of your 91 octane chip vs stock 325i, or at least give us some real numbers of your 91 vs stock instead of all these rumors and dyno's of highly modified cars. That would be great, Thanks.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:03 PM   #40
hadesm5
6th Gear Member
 
hadesm5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Striker , youre making a complete idiot of yourself. Read the whole thread again. I never said anything negative about Mark D. I guess if someone doesn't share your opinion they should be banned. In my opinion youre a complete loser with nothing positive to add. You are completely closed minded and not open to any discussion. Why don't you go back to painting over the dirt in your engine bay and being generally useless. You seem to be quite the post whore, why don't you respond to this 10 more times with useless responses?
i'd have to say curtis, as a new member to this forum... you certainly have a big mouth. why are you starting arguments and calling other member stupid names. obviously striker has been on this forum for a while, you should respect that and stop rambling on... at least argue nicely.
i'm also a new member and I know where I stand... i respect the other members because they are willing to provide help for newbie's. but guys like you come on and keep ranting random bs.
__________________
hadesm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:37 PM   #41
Striker
Turbo Ready
 
Striker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,651
Then we are all idiots if we read your posts and not see negative comments made about MD or myself.

You read you read this time idiot, here are your negative comments.

1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
I don't know how Mark D became so popular among e30 owners, there is only so much you can do to fuel and ignition maps and that is all that is tunable in the e30.
So MD is a big gimmick and you know more than him about fuel, ignition maps and tables. He has fooled all the e30 owners and became popular. Joker, he became popular because his software GREATLY enhances the m20 power and the world knows about it except you.

2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
I'm guessing you have never played with timing on a car.
How could you "guess"?
I was working on cars probably while you were still in dirty diapers, and from the way you post on this board, probably still in dirty diapers.

Cars I worked on, a few you probably never even heard of, like the Hillman Hunter, Vauxhall Viva, Ford Corsair, Austin Mini's, Austin 1000's, Dodge Avenger, Ford Escorts, MGB's Mitsubishi Gallants and Lancers all with vacuum advanced timing distributors with points and condensors..
I built and raced a few of these cars joker........ again, while you were still in dirty diapers.

3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Sorry to hurt your feelings, you obviously have a strong fondness for Mark D'Sylva
Oh this is not a low life writing at all negative stuff at all.

4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
I'm sure Mark D'Sylva had read Jim Conforti's chip prior to making his own version for the stock e30
You don't know MD A from Adam, yet you are "SURE" he read JC's chip. Who are you, Curtie the Physic, to know all about MD?
It's the opposite, people in the US read and copy MD chips. I have been asking him for a while to encript his software.

5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
If you prove to me that a Mark D chip is better then I can't dispute, but you aren't proving anything except that you can hang off Mark D's sac.
Who are you for us to prove anything to?

6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Are you telling me you have never looked at anyone elses chip? I find that hard to believe. Many people who don't even burn chips have at least read other chips just to see how it differs from stock. I'm not saying you copied anyones chip, but it would be logical that you have at least looked at other chips, but if you have never seen another tuners chip before then I believe you. If I was going to make a new chip I know I would look at all the other chips that came before if for nothing else then curiousity sake.
Like this guy for example : http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e30/eng...ip_report.html
So now you are calling MD, a big respectable, decent software programmer with academic degrees probably more than your age, A BIG FAT LIAR.
Not negative eh?

6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Striker Why don't you go back to painting over the dirt in your engine bay and being generally useless. You seem to be quite the post whore, why don't you respond to this 10 more times with useless responses?
Seeing that I am useless, why not show us some things you have done, are doing and how much you have contributed to this or any other forum for that matter.

I have contributed something to this forum a few days ago, http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80680 what about you?

MD will not even waste his time with you; he only wanted to clear up the dyno color issue and your accusation about him reading JC chips.
MD chips are the best hands down, and as he said he sells to the US more than anywhere else including Canada.

Sales numbers speak for itself so I don't know why you are blowing hot air here and as the previous poster wrote, have some respect and stop rambling.

You keep contradicting yourself, read all your negative content above.
I have written back negative comments too, why let you and your BS misinform people here?

I don't think anyone here buys or uses JC chips, so stop wasting your time arguing about his chips and asking MD to prove himself.

We all use MD chips and support MD PEREIOD, we don't care about or need anyother tuner OK.

YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COME IN HERE AND MAKE UNSUPPORTED COMMENTS, FALSE ACCUSATIONS ABOUT PEOPLE WE KNOW AND DEAL WITH HERE.
__________________


SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
THANK HITLER, BMW HAS ALL THREE

Last edited by Striker; 11-12-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:51 PM   #42
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: ajax
Posts: 7,751
OK,I am running a MarkD chip,and I have no probloms with at all,just need to fine tune it and is good,for J.C chips he is not here in ONTARIO so fine tunning is hard,another thing MarkD's are hard core,so I do think they are out your leage there,and dude Striker is the real deal.....
__________________
87is325///2.7L..EVIL.....
03 beige GRAND AM and 94 white (slamed) PROTEGE
paul christians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:42 PM   #43
Curtis
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker
Sales numbers speak for itself so I don't know why you are blowing hot air here and as the previous poster wrote, have some respect and stop rambling.

You keep contradicting yourself, read all your negative content above.
I have written back negative comments too, why let you and your BS misinform people here?

I don't think anyone here buys or uses JC chips, so stop wasting your time arguing about his chips and asking MD to prove himself.

We all use MD chips and support MD PEREIOD, we don't care about or need anyother tuner OK.

YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COME IN HERE AND MAKE UNSUPPORTED COMMENTS, FALSE ACCUSATIONS ABOUT PEOPLE WE KNOW AND DEAL WITH HERE.
First, those negative things you posted were aimed at you, not Mark D.

Saying I didn't know why he was so popular is not a negative thing, I honestly didn't know at the time. Saying that he probably read other peoples chips is also not a negative thing, if you were making a performance chip and had the ability to see what others had done I think it would be wise to do so...it isn't cheating, it is just learning what others have done, it isn't a bad thing, isn't this how you learn? Isn't this why you read message boards? (or maybe you just read them to bash anyone who gives any feedback on chips besides the Mark D chip) I never called anyone a liar, I love how you just make things up to try to make yourself look like less of a fool. Mark D said there was no need to look at other chips, but he never actually said that he has never seen the maps/curves in other chips...careful wording.

I'm glad Mark D posted about the colors on that graph, that particular graph has been disputed by many people other then myself.

Why are you so affraid to talk about acutal increases on a stock engine? Why is there no info on this? Mark D's chip obviously works really well on an engine that has had a lot of intake work, how does it work on a 100% stock engine?

And as I said before, I posted info on Jim Conforti's chip because that is what the guy who started this thread was posting about! You turned this thread into a "Mark D is the best - but I can't prove it" thread, at least others sort of helped you out with some dyno graphs of modified cars. You started all the personal attacks and haven't contributed at all to this thread...the thread speaks for itself. Your first reply you behaved like a complete idiot .

I hope jwood enjoys his JIM CONFORTI chip, he will not be dissapointed, it is one of the best. Too bad Striker had to go an ruin your thread praising a chip maker that had nothing to do with the chip you were actually looking at.

Striker, you can reply if you want, but I'm not going to look at this thread anymore. Good luck in your quest to rid the world of all chips that are not Mark D, and bash anyone who questions it.

Last edited by Curtis; 11-13-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:29 PM   #44
Striker
Turbo Ready
 
Striker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Striker, you can reply if you want, but I'm not going to look at this thread anymore. Good luck in your quest to rid the world of all chips that are not Mark D, and bash anyone who questions it.
Good riddance, there is a God, and with your attitude, I also pray that you do not even look at this forum as well, not just this thread.
__________________


SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
THANK HITLER, BMW HAS ALL THREE
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:05 PM   #45
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: ajax
Posts: 7,751
my frist chip was on a stock motor, it was auto and it was 153 ecu too,not bad at all if I say myself........
__________________
87is325///2.7L..EVIL.....
03 beige GRAND AM and 94 white (slamed) PROTEGE
paul christians is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.