Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-31-2002, 11:57 AM   #16
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite
For engine weights, you can go here:

http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/enumber.html

It might have some other useful info too.
KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 01:30 AM   #17
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

Bliss

thanks bliss, i appreciate the welcome.

dave
MOTRONIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 01:38 AM   #18
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

Lonely TI

SL,

if you have your thoughts on the s/c, i would do it. the 4cyl will make some decent power and the price isnt too bad, considering our friken dollar is worth NOTHING right now..
but as for the 6cyl. the weight will be more, and you need to get everything such as rad, ac compressor, downpipes/exhaust, front swaybar from a 6cyl model. so it can be more work than putting a s/c on. plus i like the whine the s/c makes on the 4cyl..

thanks
dave
Old 02-01-2002, 02:18 AM   #19
ThE bRoWn GuY
2nd Gear Member

Hey Dave.. welcomee.. I guess you don't remember me.. Think Newmarket!!!!!!!!!!!
ThE bRoWn GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 11:00 AM   #20
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Re: Lonely TI

Dave,

Last question. I promise.

When you do the install of the DASC. Do you dyno the car?
Also do you provide some kind of a warranty on the installation?
For example, I know that after DASC install sometimes Check Engine light likes to come on if there is even a tiny leak in the fuel vapour recirculation system.

Thanks

Serge L.

Quote:
Originally posted by MOTRONIX
SL,

if you have your thoughts on the s/c, i would do it. the 4cyl will make some decent power and the price isnt too bad, considering our friken dollar is worth NOTHING right now..
but as for the 6cyl. the weight will be more, and you need to get everything such as rad, ac compressor, downpipes/exhaust, front swaybar from a 6cyl model. so it can be more work than putting a s/c on. plus i like the whine the s/c makes on the 4cyl..

thanks
dave
KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 09:19 AM   #21
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

DASC -Serge

hi serge, i always give 110% in my installation, and i do offer a 1year warranty for my labour. that basically means that if something happens due to poor workmanship on my part, then i will cover the labour side. but as for the supercharger, i havent had a check engine light come on yet. either way, i have the obd2 scanner that can make sure things are in order.

dave
Old 02-02-2002, 09:22 AM   #22
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

the brown guy

yes, i remember, how are things? hows the car?
need some m3 cams for your 2.5?

i have a customer who has a set, doesnt want them, bought a differential instead.

dave
Old 02-02-2002, 10:18 AM   #23
'88 325e
5th Gear Member

Nice to see you on board Dave!

Dave,

It's me Dave from Niagara Falls with the silver E30 325e. It's nice to see yer still around and tuning up BMW's still. I have 2 questions for ya. I'm considering buying an E39 540i sport, is this a good car to do mild tuning (ie: CA intake, chip, exaust, and wheels) without giving up reliability? And if I keep my E30 I would like you to definatly do an engine, tranny, and diff swap. Do I need to locate all of the parts for the swap?

Thanx,
Dave
aka: '88 325e
*devil*

P.S.: I think that you do some awesome work! Keep it up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg to@thedocks#003.jpg (82.4 KB, 73 views)

Randy(empowerd), Kevin(straight_6), and I (Dave aka:'88 325e) started up Bimmercruize '01. Bimmercruize '02 is on Sunday August 11th! So if you need details about the show please contact us!
L8R,
Dave
'88 325e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 10:22 AM   #24
braindamage
3rd Gear Member

Hi Dave! How go is it. Since you had so much fun doing Booker parking brakes, do you want to do mine next? I will get the springs before hand. Nice to see you here!!

Stephen
braindamage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 11:54 AM   #25
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

hey dave

hi dave, if you can get your hands on a 540i sport e39, do it! its a heavy car, but still can beat the displacement and they are fairly quick, but really fast top end. we do have perfo. parts for this model. and when you are ready, let me know. thanks

dave
Old 02-02-2002, 11:58 AM   #26
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

stephen

hey stephen, it goes good, hows the suspension working ou for you. did you finally get that alignement? what , and now your handbrake doesnt work either? bookers curse is wearing off on you....
ill repairs yours as well. just let me know. you dont wanna do it yourself, like your own oil changes and the drain plug incident? *devil*

thanks
dave
Old 02-02-2002, 07:50 PM   #27
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

hi rob, thanks for the welcome, and yes i stopped servicing bmw's because of our race season and the few conversions here and there. we have the other shops listed in our section of dealers that are moving our product line. but for actual service, we do have daytona who is our service department for us and by far the best in that area. and it all depends what area your in. rob i know you go to see steve at barbarian, oooppps i mean bavarian motors . just kidding, steve is a great guy and mechanic, and if your in that area, by all means.
as for the clear lense, yes i have a pair left.

till then rob, enjoy the 2.5l, i know allen did when he owned it. i instructed allen at the bmw club driving school.. the car pulled good in the corners and a bit up the back straight.. nice machine you have.

dave
Old 02-02-2002, 08:16 PM   #28
MOTRONIX
2nd Gear Member

ill put them aside. i have to reorder more. if you want i can have them sent to bavarian motors and you get them there.

dave
Old 02-03-2002, 01:45 AM   #29
braindamage
3rd Gear Member

Dave. alingment is all done on the car. The hand brake still works, but I have to pull the handle all the way up before it can hold the car on a hill. The first 30 degree, there is nothing. May be it just need adjustment.

As far as "The Drain Plug Incident", one out of fifty oil change is not bad...think
braindamage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 03:02 AM   #30
ThE bRoWn GuY
2nd Gear Member

Hey dave... could you email me about those cams? Thanks

ddoonie@interhop.net
ThE bRoWn GuY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: