Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-08-2006, 10:16 AM   #16
Allan_M
2nd Gear Member

what would i have to do to the M3 E36 motor to make lets say 500rwhp-550rwhp. i want a low 11s car. what motor things would i have to do i kno that high psi would be needed

PS furious ur sig pic looks soo sick
Allan_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:48 AM   #17
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan_M
what would i have to do to the M3 E36 motor to make lets say 500rwhp-550rwhp.
Throw money at it. The simple explaination lower compression, up the boost, up the fuel capabilities, make sure the motor seals properly and get it tuned.

Running 11's is a different story, all the power in the world won't do anything if you don't have traction, for that you'll need fat sticky rear tires and wide wheels, which will mean suspension and fender mods as well, you want 0º camber for max traction. Not to mention a heavier duty LSD, bushings, reinforcements etc.

If you're building a BMW drag car, either you have a huge budget, or a pipe dream.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:05 PM   #18
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
LS1 people!!!!!!!!!

buy bigboost_e36's nice, black e36 shell. For what, i dunno, couple grand?

Put an LS1 with lots of "edlebrock" shit on it, i hate how you can get 100HP out of bolt ons. + have it put in

You're at below 18K right now now CAD already putting down nuts power.

then i dunno, do a widebody or something, i dont know how you're going to hold that power

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:09 PM   #19
Allan_M
2nd Gear Member

well my goal is 11s with a BMW M3
and i kno its gonna cost money but it wont be all at once
in time a long term project. what kinda fender work needs to be done
and how much is a heavy duty LSD goin for? and what kinda suspension setup is proper for something like this?
Old 11-08-2006, 12:44 PM   #20
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
well my goal is 11s with a BMW M3
and i kno its gonna cost money but it wont be all at once
in time a long term project. what kinda fender work needs to be done
and how much is a heavy duty LSD goin for? and what kinda suspension setup is proper for something like this?
For fender work, it really depends on what wheels and tires you decide to run, and your alignment geometry. Options run from reworking the outer fender lip for more clearance, grafting e46 fender lips, running fender flairs, widebody, or cutting up the inner fender.

A decent diff costs about $1400US+ depending on the gearing, % of lock, and other performance options (larger sump, gear polishing, etc).

For suspension setup, with that much power I'd recommend solid trailing arm bushings to elimiate toe angle deflection, adjustable lower trailing arms to dial out all the camber, rear subframe and diff mounting reinforcements and at least urethane bushings all around. Launching is particularly hard on the chassis, rear suspension and driveline. Regarding spring and damping rates I have no idea.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:42 AM   #21
Allan_M
2nd Gear Member

if i go BMW i wanna have a nice low 11s car
10s if possible but i think im startin to dream now. i know its gonna cost huge money but i can find a few of the things i need for cheap.
whats a good shop to take it too in the GTA that can get me all these parts and will know what im talkin about. possibly one that builds fast ET cars
Old 11-14-2006, 04:01 PM   #22
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
if i go BMW i wanna have a nice low 11s car
10s if possible but i think im startin to dream now. i know its gonna cost huge money but i can find a few of the things i need for cheap.
whats a good shop to take it too in the GTA that can get me all these parts and will know what im talkin about. possibly one that builds fast ET cars
I have yet to hear of any shops in the GTA that can build up a great Turbo charged setup for BMW's and if there is, someone please tell me.

When building a setup with 500whp+, I don't think you want to cheap out on your components. You might as well do it right the first time.

Based on what I know as of now, I would send my car to ICS Performance to have them build a setup that would reach my goal as they've been very experienced building and tuning the Inline-6 engines.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #23
Furious
BMW again.

thanks for the compliment. 500 isnt a very hard to obtain goal on the s52 the problem is getting a proper tune down. with any amount of money things can be done. however consider that when you start to get over the 475rwhp mark you have to start looking into investing in upgrading and maintaining your drivetrain, chassis, and of course engine internals. a lower compression can be easily cheated using a thicker headgasket but if i were you id try to get some turbo pistons. and still use a decent HG with some ARP studs. drivetrain and chassis on the other hand will be the tricky part. the ZF tranny is known to hold a decent amount of power but i read about sparatic misshaps of them failing due to excessive power. you should also look into reinforcement of the rear end of the car as its going to take quite a beating with that amount of power especially if your aiming for 500+.

11's are very obtainable and yes 10s are a long shot but not to say it cant be done. im seeing the guys on BFC hitting 10s but again most of those guys are pushing well over 700hp . 10's are a whole new ballgame
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:46 AM   #24
Manimillion
Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328DTM
When building a setup with 500whp+, I don't think you want to cheap out on your components. You might as well do it right the first time.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: