Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-19-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
BMW03
2nd Gear Member

Big Problem!

Ok, this has been going on for several months and I though I had it all figured out but no! I put 4 new speakers and rewired all of them and a sub and amp and a new deck. Got all that hooked up about 4 months ago and it worked, everything worked for about 2 months, and then The sound out of the speakers cut out, but the subs and the deck still worked. So I was pissed for a month and then got a new deck from my friend the other day. I put that deck in and once again everything worked and I was really happy. Then 2 days later the same thing happens, the sound disappears from the speakers.

Can anyone tell me what possibily is doing this?

It has to be something with the power wiring to the deck, like a deck overload.

Or a short somewhere in the wiring for the power.

But I have no clue what it could be.
BMW03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

when you rewired it did you wire it up to the deck or stock wire hirnes, if so you are running the stock amp with the deck and that is not good,what that means you are running 2 amps to gether and you blowen 1 of them,let me know more of what you have done........1 more thing here welcome to MAX........

Last edited by paul christians; 10-19-2006 at 02:52 PM.
paul christians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
BMW03
2nd Gear Member

Thanks, I was on RV3 for awhile and then took a couple month break and now I don't know where its at, so ive been on the forums.
As for the deck I never bought a harness because I never found one that would fit the 1986 325es. I just wired it up myself, straight to the wires that I thought were right?? hell if I knew. I never had the amp with the car, I just wired my own amp up seperate. So the new deck is not hooked up to stock amp, because I don't think I have one.
Any Suggestions??

Thanks
Old 10-19-2006, 05:53 PM   #4
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

there no harness at for our cars at all,and if there was it is not made anymore,do you have menory & power hooked up togethter that is right..
Old 10-20-2006, 12:38 PM   #5
BMW03
2nd Gear Member

??? really, you hook memory and power together?? There are 4 wires coming out that i do not know what to hook too, I had the deck working at one point because I just found a combination for them to work, but I have never tried hooking up memory and power together, wouldn't that make the deck stay on always?

But your saying that Memory and power should be together? The other wires that are there are 2 whites a purple and a yellow. One is interior lights one is something else that I don't know and the others are the powers. And I don't know which one is which ignition and memory.

My new idea was just to run a wire right from ignition to the deck. And another idea was to run a wire from the battery to the memory (battery) on the deck.

Then take the interior wires or any other wires that need to be connected, and connect them to the ignition wire, then that should work.

Do you think this is a good Idea? To rational, because if so I have no clue what to do. And I don't want to take it in because I am cheap and I know there is a way that I can figure out how to do this myself.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2006, 12:52 PM   #6
BMW03
2nd Gear Member

God that sucks Im a first gear noobie, I want to get out of first gear and fix this dang deck.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #7
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

can you tell the colors of the wires and the name of the deck??
Old 10-21-2006, 07:58 PM   #8
BMW03
2nd Gear Member

Talking Weird Deck

Hey, I skipped fourth block yesterday to work on the car, I pulled out the front right speaker, and saw 2 wires were not being used, and they were the old factory wiring, so I thought that they could be shorting or something, so I taped those down, and now the deck works fine, everything works.

I have a feeling that wasn't the only problem, but we will see in a couple of weeks.

Thanks, I may need more help lets wait and see.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:35 PM   #9
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

^^^^cool man...
Old 10-23-2006, 01:21 PM   #10
BMW03
2nd Gear Member

Thanx for the help, I guess thats all that it was, the old wires in the car were grounding or something weird, but whatever I did it made it work, and it has been working the past couple days.

So thanks for the help.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: