Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 7 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-15-2006, 07:17 PM   #61
Seven
Gimme The Keys

Wow, sounds like you've done your car up well!!

Yep, I slayed the dragon in the 7. If you can say "slayed" with my driving ability . I did have the tires squeelin' around pretty much every turn! My car is stock, but has the sport package, so I was very impressed with how well it handled US129 - and all the roads after that. Man it's twisty down there!! I always wanted to take a trip down to Deal's Gap when I had my bike, then when I sold it I started hearing about the road again, had some vacation time, so I took advantage. Probably would have been more fun on a bike, but, given the fact that I drove down from Ontario, I was glad I wasn't on a sport bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2dmax
... Handles like a dream with ALL creature comforts
Yep, that's what I love about the 7's! I know it's not an M3 ... but (to me) it's a sports car when you want it, and a luxury cruiser when you're in a mellow mood. What am I doing typing? ... I'm going for a drive ... but I think it's pouring rain.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:12 PM   #62
R2dmax
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
Wow, sounds like you've done your car up well!!

Yep, I slayed the dragon in the 7. If you can say "slayed" with my driving ability .
Ha! Thats funny!! I'm sure you had "the Gap" calling your name

Quote:
Probably would have been more fun on a bike, but, given the fact that I drove down from Ontario, I was glad I wasn't on a sport bike!
AGREED!! What bike did you have? Any plans for another?

Quote:
Yep, that's what I love about the 7's! I know it's not an M3 ... but (to me) it's a sports car when you want it, and a luxury cruiser when you're in a mellow mood. What am I doing typing? ... I'm going for a drive ... but I think it's pouring rain.
NO DOUBT!! I really love my 7 in all its quirkiness

Last edited by R2dmax; 11-16-2006 at 01:14 PM.
R2dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:22 PM   #63
Seven
Gimme The Keys

Quote:
AGREED!! What bike did you have? Any plans for another?
I had a yellow and black 2000 CBR600F4. Was an awesome bike. Sold it this past July, because I wasn't getting much use out of it and have been iching to ride ever since. A friend of mine has let me ride his 80's Goldwing a few times, but it's not quite the same .

I will get another bike at some point. Don't have any time frame in mind right now. I came very close to picking up an '04 CBR1000RR a month after I sold the F4, but I hesitated and it was sold. Not before I took it for a spin though, damn that bike is crazy!! ... Anyway, if I bought that bike, I wouldn't have my 7er ... so, that eases the pain a bit.

You have a Busa? That fizzled?? From riding it too hard???
Old 11-16-2006, 02:58 PM   #64
seizinger
'79' 733i (E23)

have to agree 7 sieries are great my E23 is a race car when i need it to be, and cool for just crusing having a nice time. my goal is to get a E32 i like the body style on the one posted a couple lines up, some mods and those are wicked machines.:cool:
seizinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:59 PM   #65
seizinger
'79' 733i (E23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaraid
Trusss me!! I was highly sceptical at first but once I drove tha damn thing, I was sold. She still needs some TLC but it was a great buy, and no I'm not related to dan, lol.
beautiful car
Old 11-16-2006, 03:01 PM   #66
seizinger
'79' 733i (E23)

Quote:
GOt anything for an E32? I will gladly order one!!!
got anything for a E23, always looking....
Old 11-16-2006, 03:01 PM   #67
R2dmax
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
I had a yellow and black 2000 CBR600F4. Was an awesome bike.
Nice smoooth power delivery, High revving! Gotta love a CBR

Quote:
You have a Busa? That fizzled?? From riding it too hard???
No the Busa didn't fizzle
The ride with me and the other bikers did
Old 11-16-2006, 03:02 PM   #68
seizinger
'79' 733i (E23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seizinger
have to agree 7 sieries are great my E23 is a race car when i need it to be, and cool for just crusing having a nice time. my goal is to get a E32 i like the body style on the one posted a couple lines up, some mods and those are wicked machines.:cool:
Old 11-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #69
R2dmax
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
I love my E32!! Didn't get the "steal" you did, but only paid $2000 for it with 147k on it.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:16 PM   #70
Seven
Gimme The Keys

Quote:
No the Busa didn't fizzle
The ride with me and the other bikers did
Oooohhh, okay ... phew!!
Old 12-06-2006, 10:40 AM   #71
seizinger
'79' 733i (E23)

Quote:
I love my E32!! Didn't get the "steal" you did, but only paid $2000 for it with 147k on it.

ya but i had to put a lot of work into it... and still do
Old 12-06-2006, 11:18 AM   #72
R2dmax
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
ya but i had to put a lot of work into it... and still do
Don't fret! Me too!!
1st the Self Leveling rear suspension went out. If I had gone through BMW for just the rear susp would have been $3000. I replaced all four corners with Bilstein Sport Shocks and Eibach springs. It has a nice stance and handles like a dream.

Water pump went out on the way to work and car overheated. Blew the valvecover gasket. Had to repl it, the radiator, water pump, thermostat and hoses. Needless to say I was because I can do all of that myself, but I was at work and didn't have the garage to give me the light so I had to tow it to a shop.

Right now, I have a tie rod that is bad. Oh yeah, and the cable stretched in the drivers side power seat.

But as I said, I love my 7er
Old 12-13-2006, 12:05 PM   #73
seizinger
'79' 733i (E23)

Quote:
Don't fret! Me too!!
1st the Self Leveling rear suspension went out. If I had gone through BMW for just the rear susp would have been $3000. I replaced all four corners with Bilstein Sport Shocks and Eibach springs. It has a nice stance and handles like a dream.

Water pump went out on the way to work and car overheated. Blew the valvecover gasket. Had to repl it, the radiator, water pump, thermostat and hoses. Needless to say I was because I can do all of that myself, but I was at work and didn't have the garage to give me the light so I had to tow it to a shop.

Right now, I have a tie rod that is bad. Oh yeah, and the cable stretched in the drivers side power seat.

But as I said, I love my 7er
wow thats ****ed man. shitty luck, well i guess i cant complain. your car has quite a few problemes, one of my customers here at work has one the same as yours and he is constasntly working on it. well shitty for you, my engine is susposed to get re-built this year. but for now i will rock my winter car.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:32 AM   #74
QcMarque
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to QcMarque Send a message via AIM to QcMarque Send a message via MSN to QcMarque Send a message via Yahoo to QcMarque
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R
Thats all you had to fix? and it drives fine?

i'm extremely jealous of everyone and their cheap bimmers.

P.S. put some pics up of your 7!!
Well, I have a new pic w/ my rims... haven't really snapped many more just because I'm either working on it or working

(I know she needs washed...)

I also installed a start button (will replace w/ the Z8 button in the next month) since my ignition cylinder went kaputz... the switch next to it currently turns the button 'on/off' but when I have the Z8 button it'll be used to turn my sub amp on/off.

Currenty I have no carpeting (installed) or floor insulation - seeing as the coolant leak was the core itself and was filling the floorboards with coolant (I have no idea how long it had been going on since I've only had the car for probably 5-6 months now) and rotting the insulation. New carpet is in the house, I just have to find insulation... I'm ordering a new blower motor, the cover over it (containing the fresh air flaps) I'm sand blasting and clear coating to give it a nice shine behind the glossy grill under the wipers. Once I've found/resolved the rainwater leak bedind the dash I'll begin install of the stereo (Pioneer headunit and all phoenix gold xenon amps/speakers/subs.)
QcMarque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:59 PM   #75
ALPINA MAN
ALPINA Collector

I thought I drop in and say that you are not alone! We 7er are every where enjoy my pics I took that last summer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 045.jpg (101.5 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 221.jpg (90.9 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 224.jpg (148.7 KB, 93 views)
ALPINA MAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: