Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Drivetrain, Engines & Transmissions
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-25-2002, 08:10 PM   #1
Mcrazy
2nd Gear Member

Yes Boys 391 Diff For Sale

I got a perfect 391 diff for E36. A must have for that extra torque and fast shifting. Selling for $850.00 Canadian, firm on price and serious inquries please. Diff already has new seals + new Red Line high performance diff oil. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2002, 01:58 AM   #2
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

will it fit 318 as well?
Whats the pros and cons of diff.?
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 10:47 AM   #3
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Do you mean a 3.91 diff or what?

A differential with a higher final drive number will usually allow you to have quicker acceleration, however you'll lose some top end speed and NO it does NOT INCREASE horsepower. The amount of top end speed you'll lose depends on the ratio. As for you, since you have a 318, I always thought that 318s run higher ratio diffs. What's the final drive ratio on your 318?

It's ideal for quick acceleration, or if you track your car/autocross it, sometimes if you have the right setup (i.e. the right differential ratio), then it really help when you come out of the corners.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:12 AM   #4
Gamite

I dont think the 3.91's fit on 318's... dont quote me on that though

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 06:50 PM   #5
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
here you go to give you and idea where u gears will be. this is with the gear ratios of my car so might be just a bit off in any others

3.91 Differential
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 08:00 PM   #6
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
This is only what I "heard". Andrew at "Lee's" (BMW shop) said that the rear diff mounts on the 325's are different than 318. If you swapped the diff mounts from a 325 into a 318, the 325 diff would fit. Guys, not to ruin yet another sale.. hehehe. But you can get a Quaife custom ratio differential w/ their own patent LSD for only $800US now. Quite cheap. Once I save up the funds it's going to be a 3.60 Quaife diff w/ 30% lsd for me.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 10:24 PM   #7
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally posted by Autotechnica
But you can get a Quaife custom ratio differential w/ their own patent LSD for only $800US now.
Do you know if that includes the ring and pinion gears? Who sells them for that price?

Thanks..
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 08:11 PM   #8
M-technica
1st Gear Newbie

Will this diff fit a '94 eurospec M3? Sorry guys I know nothing about my car, what's the stock ratio or whatever on a '94 M3? Also, what changes would I expect?

Mike
M-technica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 08:19 PM   #9
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally posted by M-technica
Will this diff fit a '94 eurospec M3? Sorry guys I know nothing about my car, what's the stock ratio or whatever on a '94 M3? Also, what changes would I expect?

Mike
yes, and it's either 3.15 or 3.23, but I really think it's 3.15
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
Old 11-27-2002, 08:46 PM   #10
M-technica
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by thinair

yes, and it's either 3.15 or 3.23, but I really think it's 3.15
Thx, I guess that's a pretty big jump! Probably not a good idea eh?

Mike
Old 11-27-2002, 09:06 PM   #11
thinair
moderationistismingly

Why not? You wouldn't be the first to do it. You'd have some crazy acceleration, but you'd run out of gear sooner (lower top speed), unless you swapped a 6-speed euro tranny (6th is overdrive)
Old 11-27-2002, 09:10 PM   #12
M-technica
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by thinair
Why not? You wouldn't be the first to do it. You'd have some crazy acceleration, but you'd run out of gear sooner (lower top speed), unless you swapped a 6-speed euro tranny (6th is overdrive)
Well my dad is against me doing any sort of agressive mods to the car. I had to convince him for 4 months just to install a K&N intake.. jeez.

Mike
Old 11-27-2002, 09:12 PM   #13
M-technica
1st Gear Newbie

Hey Autotechnica, my name is so much like yours! Haha, I did not copy you if that's what you're thinking.

///Mike
Old 11-27-2002, 09:14 PM   #14
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally posted by M-technica
Well my dad is against me doing any sort of agressive mods to the car.
He'll learn....

Just drain the oil out of your current diff, drive around till it seizes, then tell him you need another, and there happens to be someone selling a better one....

Or not.

P.S. don't drain the oil out of your diff, as good of an idea as it is.
Old 12-02-2002, 09:23 PM   #15
jason21066
1st Gear Newbie

how much is $800CND in american money?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: