Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name

Welcome to!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-25-2002, 03:34 PM   #1
Gets Blown Daily
Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
What is a good CD/MP3 discman to get?

I want to buy my girlfriend a discman for her birthday/christmas this year and want one that does MP3 as well. Her and I took a look at some of the models at the sony store, radio shack, futureshop, etc but they all seem to be very similar. I want to know if anyone has any personal recommendations on a brand/model to look for?
She basically wants one that will last more than a couple hours of playtime before recharging, at least 10 second antiskip, eq controls (preferrably more than just a treble and bass dial), and good sounding tinny sound plz!

Also, any recommendations on headphones ? I personally love my technics ones, but they're for djing and i dont think my gf would want to wear though in public lol (they're huge!)

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 03:36 PM   #2
From my old experinces with discman's I found that the Sony ones werent as good as the panasonic ones.

I noticed when you turned the anti skip off, the sony one would skip all the time, but the panasonic still played fairly well. Of course this was like 7 years ago, things probably changed by now.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 10:07 PM   #3
Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
if your looking for hours and hours of music. I think 10 hours without recharging and thats continues play.
Apple iPod for windows

For discman, if it was me, i'll get a sony.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 11:09 PM   #4
why not get Net MD player? those are amazing and hold more than MP3 player or cd player. plus she can plug it into her car! its amazing, i carry mine everywhere..well mostly, i use it everyday and 1 AA battery is supposed to last around 54hrs or something and its so small and extremely nice!

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: