Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-23-2002, 09:45 PM   #1
umnitza
3rd Gear Member

With permission from Ed Farcon...

With Permission from Ed Farcon....

His car is the one above - you'll note that the halos are even visible when the city lights are on - he'll be removing them shortly. But wanted to see the effect

He likes it

Old 11-23-2002, 09:50 PM   #2
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

im just wondering, why do u have a pic of that M5 with angel eyes with YOUR name on it?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 09:55 PM   #3
umnitza
3rd Gear Member

because I took the time to put the WHOLE picture together.
So, I copyrighted my "art work"...competition likes to "borrow" there are ways around what I do, but it just makes it more difficult
umnitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 09:57 PM   #4
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
im just wondering, why do u have a pic of that M5 with angel eyes with YOUR name on it?

Yeah, doesn't it belong to one of the dtmpower/bmwm5.com forums member? Cuz I remember he posted that picture in the Photo section of dtmpower to see what ppl. thought of his shots taken in the fog.

Unless you are the owner of that car?
Old 11-23-2002, 09:57 PM   #5
Pedro91'318i
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Pedro91'318i
Good thinking i Need some of the DDE's on my e30
Pedro91'318i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 10:00 PM   #6
umnitza
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedro91'318i
Good thinking i Need some of the DDE's on my e30
E30s can only use Demon Eyes for $125-160 depending on ring type.

Major modification is required to run Fiber optics in the E30 headlight.

Let me know, I'll have inventory on Wednesday and can send it direct from the factory if you need it by Thanksgiving
Old 11-23-2002, 10:16 PM   #7
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by 328DTM

Yeah, doesn't it belong to one of the dtmpower/bmwm5.com forums member? Cuz I remember he posted that picture in the Photo section of dtmpower to see what ppl. thought of his shots taken in the fog.

thats my thinkin...umnitza..i think you should take that pic down...never post it again...its one thing to make good angel eye kits and promote them, but dont take pics of other peoples cars and say u took the pics when i know for a fact you didnt!

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 11-23-2002, 10:26 PM   #8
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
thats my thinkin...umnitza..i think you should take that pic down...never post it again...its one thing to make good angel eye kits and promote them, but dont take pics of other peoples cars and say u took the pics when i know for a fact you didnt!
Jon,

I feel like bustin' your balls again. Did you actually check and confirm on DTMPower if it actually is someone elses? Cause it looks like 328DTM isn't 100% shure either.

Quote:
Originally posted by 328DTM
Yeah, doesn't it belong to...

I suggest Mr. Superdetective that you come up with some evidence before you start telling people what to do. Like come on!

Old 11-23-2002, 10:40 PM   #9
330DTM
Cinematographer

Quote:
Originally posted by M50E30

I suggest Mr. Superdetective that you come up with some evidence before you start telling people what to do. Like come on!

Hehe, I didn't say anything about this guy. It was e36_lover who suggested that that guy should remove the picture. I just asked if that picture belongs to another owner, cool?

Anyways, I did some homework and it belongs to Atomic80... haha... I know what I'm talking about
See for yourself

Anyways maybe Umnitza got permission or maybe he didn't to put his name on the picture, but I'm not flamming him. I'm just trying to back up e46_lover b/c I know where that picture came from exactly. So here's your proof e46_lover....
Old 11-23-2002, 10:40 PM   #10
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

yea man i know cuz i asked him where and what camera THE OWNER used to take the pics with!

Old 11-23-2002, 10:57 PM   #11
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Anyways, I did some homework and it belongs to Atomic80... haha... I know what I'm talking about
See for yourself
So why didn't ANYONE say that first?!?!

empowerd, straight_6 and I had a problem with some guy on DTM freaking out on us about the Bimmercruize '02 flyer. He took someones pic and modified it without asking and threatend to sue us! Well he couldn't because he isn't the original owner so he couldn't copywrite it. Man that dude was a dumbass. LOL! Well I suggest to anyone to get the facts first before spouting off their mouth.

Ahh I feel better now...LOL!
Old 11-23-2002, 11:01 PM   #12
330DTM
Cinematographer

Quote:
Originally posted by M50E30

So why didn't ANYONE say that first?!?!
You mean why didn't I say who the picture belongs to first? If yes, that's b/c I was initially too lazy to look it up, hoping that someone would acknowledge.
Old 11-24-2002, 01:30 AM   #13
umnitza
3rd Gear Member

Let me see if I can clarify for those that have some doubt.

The bottom half of the picture is from BMW directly. Not anyone's photograph. It's from BMW.

The top half of the same picture is a private camera photo.
With permission from the owner, I am able to put my logo on it.

That fact that it overlaps on the 5 series is merely coincidence as it's entirely done to ensure that a) it's visible b) it's part of the way that I prevent theft of my own work (photoshopping the two together - not hard, but still work).

Unless any of you are copyright lawyers, I doubt you can find any specific statuate that I'm violating - trust me I know as I did that for a couple of years while doing product management.

Certain pictures are public domain - as in the one from BMW, there use is governed by certain rules. What I'm doing technically falls within normal boundaries as I'm a) not defacing the picture, b) not claiming that I took the picture c) modifying it beyond the original's intent d) defacing it, or e) disparaging BMW with it.

Any questions?
Old 11-24-2002, 01:34 AM   #14
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by umnitza
Let me see if I can clarify for those that have some doubt.

The bottom half of the picture is from BMW directly. Not anyone's photograph. It's from BMW.

The top half of the same picture is a private camera photo.
With permission from the owner, I am able to put my logo on it.

That fact that it overlaps on the 5 series is merely coincidence as it's entirely done to ensure that a) it's visible b) it's part of the way that I prevent theft of my own work (photoshopping the two together - not hard, but still work).

Unless any of you are copyright lawyers, I doubt you can find any specific statuate that I'm violating - trust me I know as I did that for a couple of years while doing product management.

Certain pictures are public domain - as in the one from BMW, there use is governed by certain rules. What I'm doing technically falls within normal boundaries as I'm a) not defacing the picture, b) not claiming that I took the picture c) modifying it beyond the original's intent d) defacing it, or e) disparaging BMW with it.

Any questions?
im just wondering, where from BMW is this e39 pic? i dont see it on the site....

Old 11-24-2002, 01:58 PM   #15
SickFinga

Doen't this should apply to umnitza??
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...=&threadid=411
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: