Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-07-2006, 03:15 AM   #1
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
BOVs/CBVs/DVs feedbacks?

whatever the heck you wanna call 'em, blow off valves, compressor bypass valves, diverter valves.

I had HKS SSQV for a short while, then the piston got seized, don't know how. But here's something about the SSQV

Pros: Beautiful construction, sounds JDM, and looks beautifuly neat as a piece.

Cons: sounds JDM, damn ****ing expensive! and impossible to take apart to fix anything, and not that easy to adjust.

Currently: TurboXS RFL (Really ****ing Loud)

Pros: really ****ing loud, scare people loud, and the sound is actually very nice, not ricey, and easy to adjust if you don't mind getting your hand durty. Cheap.

Cons: due the price, its not an exactly a looker, and the construction leaves something to be improved. And the adjustment is based on the washer, thus not exactly a fine adjustment, one washer can be the difference between too tight and cause lag, or too loose and make ur car stall.
TheMadChigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
lukeh
runnin' capless

The tial sounds like a turkey gobble.
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:18 PM   #3
paul
5th Gear Member

The sound of an open wastegate is the shit.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:41 PM   #4
fukenricen
5th Gear Member

personally myself im not a fan of loud bov's but paul is right the sound of the wastegate dropping some tunes is the best sound and when u add a little bit of flames to the deal u have a wicket night party lol

wooooooo woooooooooo
AntiRice
11.0@130mph
fukenricen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:24 PM   #5
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga
whatever the heck you wanna call 'em, blow off valves, compressor bypass valves, diverter valves.

I had HKS SSQV for a short while, then the piston got seized, don't know how. But here's something about the SSQV

Pros: Beautiful construction, sounds JDM, and looks beautifuly neat as a piece.

Cons: sounds JDM, damn ****ing expensive! and impossible to take apart to fix anything, and not that easy to adjust.

Currently: TurboXS RFL (Really ****ing Loud)

Pros: really ****ing loud, scare people loud, and the sound is actually very nice, not ricey, and easy to adjust if you don't mind getting your hand durty. Cheap.

Cons: due the price, its not an exactly a looker, and the construction leaves something to be improved. And the adjustment is based on the washer, thus not exactly a fine adjustment, one washer can be the difference between too tight and cause lag, or too loose and make ur car stall.

i wanna get the turbo xs for my mr2, where do they sell em?
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:17 PM   #6
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
I've got a Turbo XS BOV, sounds nice. Adjustment is easy, unscrew and add/remove washers. For my application I didn't find the adjustment fine at all. I had to add or remove 2-3 washers inorder for it to make a noticeable difference. It makes a nice noise anything above 8psi. Anything below there's slight compressor surge. BOV's are old school, recirculate that bitch!

Beware of fake Turbo XS BOV's, lots of them for sale on E-bay.

BTW, the quality of the Turbo XS unit is nice. You sure you don't have a fake one?

BOV sound is a very personal thing. Basically it depends on what turbo you run and how many PSI. Personally, I think the sound of compressor surge from any GT series turbo is better sounding than any BOV.

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 09-16-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:23 PM   #7
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
I've got a Turbo XS BOV, sounds nice. Adjustment is easy, unscrew and add/remove washers. For my application I didn't find the adjustment fine at all. I had to add or remove 2-3 washers inorder for it to make a noticeable difference. It makes a nice noise anything above 8psi. Anything below there's slight compressor surge. BOV's are old school, recirculate that bitch!

Beware of fake Turbo XS BOV's, lots of them for sale on E-bay.

BTW, the quality of the Turbo XS unit is nice. You sure you don't have a fake one?

BOV sound is a very personal thing. Basically it depends on what turbo you run and how many PSI. Personally, I think the sound of compressor surge from any GT series turbo is better sounding than any BOV.

Bry
Hey bry, looks like youre using the same turbo im gonna use.. i had a spare td04 laying around in the shop so i might as well use it... the only question is should i remove the S/C or run a dual set up.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:34 PM   #8
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout_E36
Hey bry, looks like youre using the same turbo im gonna use.. i had a spare td04 laying around in the shop so i might as well use it... the only question is should i remove the S/C or run a dual set up.
Sweet, is it a 13G talon turbo? I'm going to be selling my 15G soon when I get my 18T software next month. You had a red MR2 right? I think I remember seeing it at your shop.

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:32 PM   #9
bubsy12
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to bubsy12 Send a message via AIM to bubsy12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
Sweet, is it a 13G talon turbo? I'm going to be selling my 15G soon when I get my 18T software next month. You had a red MR2 right? I think I remember seeing it at your shop.

Bry
13G Talon Turbo?

Eagle Talons and Mitsubishi Eclipse's came stock with cute little 14B and T25 Turbos, never 13Gs (they are even smaller)

Buying a BOV for its sound is RICEY IMO... get it for functionality... I have the TurboXS Type-H, it sounds alright and holds boost well upto 35psi (says TurboXS) but as for build quality its not the greatest... go with a HKS SSQV if you want the best quality BOV around or Tial.

2008 Toyota Rav4 V6 AWD Sport - Daily Driver -

www.SpoolnU.com - ALPHA. SIGMA. BOOST.

Last edited by bubsy12; 09-17-2006 at 04:35 PM.
bubsy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:50 PM   #10
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsy12
13G Talon Turbo?

Eagle Talons and Mitsubishi Eclipse's came stock with cute little 14B and T25 Turbos, never 13Gs (they are even smaller)

Buying a BOV for its sound is RICEY IMO... get it for functionality... I have the TurboXS Type-H, it sounds alright and holds boost well upto 35psi (says TurboXS) but as for build quality its not the greatest... go with a HKS SSQV if you want the best quality BOV around or Tial.
Pretty sure you're talking about the later model talons/eclipses. I have no idea what turbo those cars have. However, the older early 90's style had TD04 13g's. Afterall, it is a mitsu turbo.

I don't know too much about talons, but I thought the mid to late 90's models had the Jap spec eclipse 13G and the US spec talons had T-25? No idea, but who cares really. I'm just curious as to what turbo he's using. And 100% sure the 13G's were used on the older talon/eclipses.

I installed a BOV simply for the fact that my old stock CBV was leaking. They tend to do that a lot. BOV's are good for reducing the wear on the turbo and takes the pressue off.

Bry

Last edited by Autotechnica; 09-17-2006 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:53 PM   #11
DriveItSideways
Banned

To the best of my knowledge, eagle talons came with a td04 turbo from 1990-1995, mine is a 91 with td04 written on the turbo. I beleive 95+ they came with a td05

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: