Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-29-2006, 08:36 AM   #1
AcidSnow
Boss of Bosses

MP3 and Closing Windows

Just picked up my E90, salesguy told me not to add a cd changer cause you can add an mp3 player which would be better does anyone know where to connect it? and can it be controlled via the centor console/steering wheel?

Also there is a neat function on the remote control which allows you to roll all the windows down if you hold the "unlock" button. Anyone know how to roll the windows back up using the remote??
AcidSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
ctgazer
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to ctgazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnow
Just picked up my E90, salesguy told me not to add a cd changer cause you can add an mp3 player which would be better does anyone know where to connect it? and can it be controlled via the centor console/steering wheel?

Also there is a neat function on the remote control which allows you to roll all the windows down if you hold the "unlock" button. Anyone know how to roll the windows back up using the remote??
hey..there is an AUX input inside your center console. just get a cord with 2 male ends and ur set to go. u can only control the volume however through this way. they currently have an ipod setup capable of being controlled through the existing steering mounted controls, but it is available only in europe i believe.

you can go search the e90post forum...there will be lots of info there...
ctgazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #3
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
just press and hold the lock button, the windows should close, well atleast that's how MB has been doing it for years, I'm noy sure if that feature using RF signals or IR signal, if it requires a IR signal you might need to aim the remote at the car to work.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:40 PM   #4
ctgazer
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to ctgazer
the windows dont close on their own...supposed to be som kinda safety feature, so you cant strangle people of something....well at least it doesnt work on mine...the only way to close the windows from outside the car is by takin out the key and lockin the door manually. this will fold in the mirrors also if you got premium package.
ctgazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:38 PM   #5
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

The windows do not roll up via remote on BMW's in North America, due to fear of someone crushing a baby and sueing. Lawsuit-happy Americans ruined it for us.

Some dealers may be nice enough to reprogram the car to allow the windows and roof to close via remote (I've seen it down south), but don't hold your breath.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:47 PM   #6
Gamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
The windows do not roll up via remote on BMW's in North America, due to fear of someone crushing a baby and sueing. Lawsuit-happy Americans ruined it for us.

Some dealers may be nice enough to reprogram the car to allow the windows and roof to close via remote (I've seen it down south), but don't hold your breath.

really eh? I think I will try this.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:00 PM   #7
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal

gay, MB has been doing remote closing for many years, to use this feature you must be close to the vehicle because it uses IR signal only, if MB has no problems with it I don't see why BMW doesn't follow

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:50 AM   #8
Shark
2nd Gear Member

I have a e46 the only way I could close my windows is to get the i-window module
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:55 AM   #9
///Mmm
Need an s85!

I have a euro-spec 530ia and i can close and open the windows via the remote
///Mmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:49 AM   #10
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

The OEM radio should be able to play MP3 disks as well...there is a TSB out on it if yours cant-the dealer will reprogram it under warranty.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:48 PM   #11
XI JR IX
1st BMW

Send a message via MSN to XI JR IX
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ti Compact
The OEM radio should be able to play MP3 disks as well...there is a TSB out on it if yours cant-the dealer will reprogram it under warranty.
havent posted on here in a long time.. lol.. yea, that's what I use.. MP3 cd's (burned as data discs with .mp3 files on them).. Organize into folders so that you can sort music by whatever.. Really nice feature..
XI JR IX is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: