Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2002, 01:34 PM   #31
Phantom
Automation geek
 
Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Around
Posts: 619
[quote]Originally posted by Gamite
you guys are comparing apples to oranges again. and again and again.. [/QUOTE


*Sigh* Ya. All this talk about cars raping each other. Way too much porn surfing going on................
__________________
The Dark Side----Mystical, Unexplained, Frightening........
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 02:13 PM   #32
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,782
Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino


Ok hold on, the hatchback?? Or the coupe?? With the 175hp and 141 tq gsr engine will beat my car?? What are the specs of this engine and whats the weight of this car its in, and I will tell you if it can beat me, remember I can beat the RSX type S until he hits third and then Im about a car to a car and a half behind so...........
the first 2 gears isnt the whole 1/4mile doofus! ask MP328 or WASABI what gear they were in when they finished the 1/4mile...can you read lol? it says the hatchback, the car itself with the motor weighs no more than 2300lbs thats only an estimate from the weight of bimmers...it's probably less...and everytime you go streetracing you dont go into turning its only from 1 stop light to the next....this isnt need for speed!

And tlaselva, i understand what your saying, but if you knew and took a ride in the cars that im talking about your view would change....it may not have the torque of a mustang, but a 95 GSR will keep up with a 95 GT..i've seen it happen stock for stock...yes, civics and basically all honda's are econo cars....but that just comes to show you that even econo cars can be faster than the american muscle cars! go to english town and see what cars are raping what....but no doubt, your M3 will rape any honda stock, so will the e36...BUT with mods probably not, when you compare something like that NSX TT vs s/c e36 M3...i dont know who to choose!


may i remind you guys, this is about street racing...which is only 1 stop light to the next!!
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 11-26-2002 at 02:19 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 03:08 PM   #33
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway
 
tlaselva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 2,695
Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover


the first 2 gears isnt the whole 1/4mile doofus! ask MP328 or WASABI what gear they were in when they finished the 1/4mile...can you read lol? it says the hatchback, the car itself with the motor weighs no more than 2300lbs thats only an estimate from the weight of bimmers...it's probably less...and everytime you go streetracing you dont go into turning its only from 1 stop light to the next....this isnt need for speed!

may i remind you guys, this is about street racing...which is only 1 stop light to the next!!
Tell that to the few Bozo's last summer that killed themselves racing in Civics and Acura's. Ask them if they would've preferred some better handling on their cars at that point.......

B/c I strap a JATO unit to my hood of my Honda and can go from 0-60 in 1.2 seconds, doesn't make my car 'faster' than a Viper? My point is somewhere someone has to draw the line between honest to goodness performance and idiocy.

Because these cars are so light, and a lot of them spend all their money on go fast stuff, and keep there stock suspension, it makes their cars inheritably unstable at high speeds. Let's face it; a Civic was never designed for 200 kph. Now maybe if these bozo's would install those stupid aluminum wings on the hood than the trunk on there front wheel drive rice boxes, then maybe they'd be getting somewhere........
__________________
2011 X5 M-Sport 3.5i

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph

Last edited by tlaselva; 11-26-2002 at 03:21 PM.
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 03:30 PM   #34
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,782
Quote:
Originally posted by tlaselva


Tell that to the few Bozo's last summer that killed themselves racing in Civics and Acura's. Ask them if they would've preferred some better handling on their cars at that point.......

B/c I strap a JATO unit to my hood of my Honda and can go from 0-60 in 1.2 seconds, doesn't make my car 'faster' than a Viper? My point is somewhere someone has to draw the line between honest to goodness performance and idiocy.

Because these cars are so light, and a lot of them spend all their money on go fast stuff, and keep there stock suspension, it makes their cars inheritably unstable at high speeds. Let's face it; a Civic was never designed for 200 kph. Now maybe if these bozo's would install those stupid aluminum wings on the hood than the trunk on there front wheel drive rice boxes, then maybe they'd be getting somewhere........
actually theres one guy who did that on his accord...to bad its a show car only...anyways, those are only the guys are are 18yrs old...the people who are actually knowledgable about cars know what they're doing...how do you know the majority spends money on engine mods and not suspesion? thats my whole point here....the majority of the guys on max are so confident with themselves (im not naming names! so dont take this so personally) that they frown upon honda's because of their label as "econo cars". lets face it, i know they're meant as grocery getter cars, but in all honesty, a dam 2000 integra type-r (north american and j-spec versions) are able to kick the shit out of the "legendary" and "american dream" or whatever they call it mustang GT! mkgino's 328is had the lead for only 2 first gears, so much for your torque buddy....rolled_outs rsx is amazingly fast for a lil tin can for stock! what are the 95 mustang gt's suppossed to run 1/4mile?

anyone who is smart wont go in and out of cars, thats the driver's decision...NOT THE CAR! there are so many people in US who have gotten a domestic muscle car and rolled it because of the shitty handling too! its all about what the driver does, not the car...
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 11-26-2002 at 03:35 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 03:48 PM   #35
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway
 
tlaselva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 2,695
Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover


actually theres one guy who did that on his accord...to bad its a show car only...anyways, those are only the guys are are 18yrs old...the people who are actually knowledgable about cars know what they're doing...how do you know the majority spends money on engine mods and not suspesion? thats my whole point here....the majority of the guys on max are so confident with themselves (im not naming names! so dont take this so personally) that they frown upon honda's because of their label as "econo cars". lets face it, i know they're meant as grocery getter cars, but in all honesty, a dam 2000 integra type-r (north american and j-spec versions) are able to kick the shit out of the "legendary" and "american dream" or whatever they call it mustang GT! mkgino's 328is had the lead for only 2 first gears, so much for your torque buddy....rolled_outs rsx is amazingly fast for a lil tin can for stock! what are the 95 mustang gt's suppossed to run 1/4mile?

anyone who is smart wont go in and out of cars, thats the driver's decision...NOT THE CAR! there are so many people in US who have gotten a domestic muscle car and rolled it because of the shitty handling too! its all about what the driver does, not the car...
Your comparing a 7 year old car to a current model.
Apples with apples E46_lover.

Compare a current Mustang to a current RSX-S.
Let's not even bring in the '03 SVT into it! Nasty! *devil*

Let's make it even more interesting.....
Lets race not a 1320, but a 2640!

Anyone taking bets?
__________________
2011 X5 M-Sport 3.5i

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 03:58 PM   #36
mkgino
6th Gear Member
 
mkgino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,684
Jon, Im not claiming that an RSX isnt faster than my car. You see, any honda/acura is fast only because it is light, and thats it. If I got my car down to 2800 pounds like the RSX-S then he would only see my nice AA Gen 3 exhaust the whole race. So how does my fat ass 3200 pound car even keep up with the RSX-S?? How about this, next time I race an RSX-S lets put about 3-4 passengers in the RSX-S to get its weight up to the same level as my car, who will win then?? Yeah thats what I thought.
__________________
mkgino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 04:37 PM   #37
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,782
Quote:
Originally posted by tlaselva
[BLet's make it even more interesting.....
Lets race not a 1320, but a 2640!

Anyone taking bets? [/b]

how bout we dont, and stay on topic? lol

whats the best time u ever saw for a bone stock 95 GT for 1/4mile?
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 05:40 PM   #38
mkgino
6th Gear Member
 
mkgino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,684
Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover



how bout we dont, and stay on topic? lol

whats the best time u ever saw for a bone stock 95 GT for 1/4mile?
Ok, lets get back on topic here like E46 Lover says. Now most cars that honda makes like the Integra Type R is made for street racing right? Here is an apple to apple comparison. You cant compare a 328 to a type R since 328 is a daily driver and a type R is a car made for racing. Soooooo, lets compare the Type R to the M3 since the M3 is BMW's racing car. Oh hold on now, lets get more specific. Since the Type R is no longer made, and the RSX type S was made to replace the Integra Type R, then lets compare the RSX-S to the E46 M3, not the E36 M3 (since that is not made anymore either). Ok now lets see some 1/4 mile times stock vs stock of two cars the rsx-s vs the E46 M3, both cars that are made for racing by two diffferent companies......comon lets race these cars and see who will win. Eh Jon? Who is gonna win?
__________________
mkgino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 05:56 PM   #39
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,782
see...i know you have taken what i said from our convo on msn into here...so i did some extra research....the type-s is a marjorly toned down version from the type-r in japan! and the type-r is made as a daily driver, WITH the ability to be a track car that is amazing...the brand new integra type-r in japan might not compare with the E46 M3 but its really close....JDM ITR is like mid 14 with average driver, E46 M3 with average driver is high 13sec- 14flat? thats really not that bad...BUT the M3 still kills it...notice how im staying on topic, its what some of the members on max CANNOT do..

E46 M3 vs JDM ITR is a close comparison...but E46 M3 still wins...now lets get back to the topic of my original post....320i vs gutted 98 hatch with motor, intake, exhaust, headers and pullies
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 06:05 PM   #40
mkgino
6th Gear Member
 
mkgino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,684
Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
see...i know you have taken what i said from our convo on msn into here...so i did some extra research....the type-s is a marjorly toned down version from the type-r in japan! and the type-r is made as a daily driver, WITH the ability to be a track car that is amazing...the brand new integra type-r in japan might not compare with the E46 M3 but its really close....JDM ITR is like mid 14 with average driver, E46 M3 with average driver is high 13sec- 14flat? thats really not that bad...BUT the M3 still kills it...notice how im staying on topic, its what some of the members on max CANNOT do..

E46 M3 vs JDM ITR is a close comparison...but E46 M3 still wins...now lets get back to the topic of my original post....320i vs gutted 98 hatch with motor, intake, exhaust, headers and pullies
I dont think a 320i can beat a gutted hatch like that, unless it was a bad driver.
__________________
mkgino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 06:11 PM   #41
Bavaria
Southern Beirut
 
Bavaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,385
Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria
Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover


that they frown upon honda's because of their label as "econo cars".
Correction
ECONO BOXES
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 06:11 PM   #42
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,782
Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino


I dont think a 320i can beat a gutted hatch like that, unless it was a bad driver.
well well well, look who decides to go back on topic, why couldnt you just say that originally?
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 06:12 PM   #43
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
EMPOWERD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Mrs. Sauga
Posts: 10,144
Maybe I can shine some light on the subject since I drive both marques and can offer an unbiased opinion. Instead of comparing both companies' top current models (should be the NSX, not the RSX-S vs. E46 M3). I think Jon is trying to compare cars that are a little closer in price. Like I said before, the only thing Honda's have going for them is power to weight. A GSR Civic will kill a 328i and pull away from an E36 M3 (I can prove it, if anyone wants to race... my friend has one that does 14.1s all day long) in the quarter. And handling? Well, as a avid lapper at various tracks here in SoOnt I've witnessed some Civic's spank M3's on the track too. Like I said... it always comes down to power and weight. In reality, we really are comparing 2 completely different things and this thread should be ended now because it will go on forever.
__________________

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 06:14 PM   #44
Bavaria
Southern Beirut
 
Bavaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,385
Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria
do we have to listen to the moderator ummmmmmm no looool
jk!
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 06:17 PM   #45
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,782
Quote:
Originally posted by empowerd
Maybe I can shine some light on the subject since I drive both marques and can offer an unbiased opinion. Instead of comparing both companies' top current models (should be the NSX, not the RSX-S vs. E46 M3). I think Jon is trying to compare cars that are a little closer in price. Like I said before, the only thing Honda's have going for them is power to weight. A GSR Civic will kill a 328i and pull away from an E36 M3 (I can prove it, if anyone wants to race... my friend has one that does 14.1s all day long) in the quarter. And handling? Well, as a avid lapper at various tracks here in SoOnt I've witnessed some Civic's spank M3's on the track too. Like I said... it always comes down to power and weight. In reality, we really are comparing 2 completely different things and this thread should be ended now because it will go on forever.
thank you...finally, someone has understood my whole concept..not only from this thread but from many others!
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.