Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-18-2018, 05:29 PM   #1
drivetolive
3rd Gear Member

Help: OBDII Error (Mercedes)

A bit off topic here given this is a Mercedes issue, but I've exhausted all my leads and am looking to Maxbimmer for some help .

My mother's 2007 Mercedes C230 was due for an etest, so we take it to a drive clean facility but their machine is unable to connect to the car via the OBD port as it keeps giving a "no communication error". We tried several different drive clean facilities but to no avail - they all result in the same no communication error. I tried several different OBDII scanners to see if they could connect, but they also similarly provide a communication error after attempting to scan the car. Now to confirm:

- the OBDII port receives power and has no broken pins; and
- the car was able to pass the OBDII etest two years ago, and between then and now the car has not been modified nor have we experienced any issues.

I took the car to Mercedes in Maple who were equally as confused as I was, and they surprisingly concluded they could not diagnose the issue .

I went to a Merecedes indy shop who was able to connect to the car via Mercedes' STAR tool, albeit they mentioned it did take an unusually long time to connect and they had to manually enter the vehicle's VIN. After confirming the car was able to connect, we go to yet another drive clean facility who unfortunately still received a "no communication" error.

So I'm back to ground zero. Has anyone experienced such an issue, and if so, how did you solve it? I did some research and it seems people only experienced this if their OBD port was damaged or not receiving power, both of which are confirmed not to be the issues in my case.

Last edited by drivetolive; 04-18-2018 at 05:32 PM.
drivetolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:13 PM   #2
SickFinga

There is a fuse for the diagnostic port, check it.

Fuse 62 according to this

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...x-diagram.html
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:33 AM   #3
drivetolive
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the response. I checked the fuse previously and all is well.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:58 AM   #4
drivetolive
3rd Gear Member

Bump
Old 04-24-2018, 12:07 PM   #5
SickFinga

My only suggestion do the multimeter test on the fuse, not just the visual inspection.

Try posting on mbworld and benzworld
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: