Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
irvz
2nd Gear Member

AC problems continue!

alrite fellas..

i changed my aux.fan and refilled my freon (no leaks) but my ac still can't blow cold air during hot weather! only in the night time (when i don't need it) will it blow cold air.

could it be my compressor and how would i check? any other ideas????
irvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:22 PM   #2
kuds
I take pictures

Same problem. Someone told me it's probably my compressor, but not sure.
kuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
next time you're driving on the highway, drive in 4th instead of 5th (keep your RPM's higher)

If your air gets colder its probably the compressor (i have the same problem)

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:30 PM   #4
3SERB
3rd Gear Member

my AC wasnt working too well on city driving and it turned out the belt was no good
Old 08-07-2006, 11:30 PM   #5
cisco911
6th Gear Member

I would check to see if your condenser and radiator are full of dirt and leafs. That could cause it to not cool down the condenser. Take a garden hose to the front of the car to see if you can't get the dirt washed away(don't use a power washer!!!!). Does your car overheat when you have the AC on???
Old 08-07-2006, 11:59 PM   #6
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

There could be moisture in the system.

The last time you had it filled? did they evacuate it and then recharge? or just topped it up? Did they add oil to it? and service it properly? Customers usually want things done the cheap way, well you pay for it in the end.

A/C systems are funny and the equipment is expensive, pay the price and get it done properly, thats the only way.

My guess is that there was moisture in the system, and the place just topped it up, and didn't add oil to the system, or evacuate it to take out the moisture.

Or you could have done everything right and it was just time for the A/C compressor to go.

Last edited by T.Dot_E30; 08-08-2006 at 12:03 AM.
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:42 AM   #7
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
If the belt isn't tight then when the engine is cold / colder climate it will turn the consendor properly... but when warmed up, especially in this really hot recent weather the rubber expands and the condensor will not turn properly.

one way or another, the problem is the compressor.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:15 AM   #8
jeffrie
Addict

Or it is still leaking.
I had one in my condencer that still wouldn't show me the red dye telltale sighn with typical leak testing in a can style, even still AC worked the instant I replaced what was leaking, my condencer that is.
How did you test for no leaks?

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:07 AM   #9
87esir
1st Gear Newbie

is your compressor kicking in? Are you sure its fully charged? If bolth of those are a yes then I'd say your expansion valve is bad. Every time you have the system open it is suggested you change your drier and expansion valve. If your system worked good before that is the most likely but if it didn't work good it could be your compressor
Old 08-29-2006, 07:39 PM   #10
bikemx423
Bayern Motor Werks

Send a message via AIM to bikemx423
AC clutch......
bikemx423 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: