Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-01-2007, 11:51 PM   #1
LDNA
2nd Gear Member

Stupid Stealership!!! Need Help!!!

I recently bought a used 2006 M3 from N*rth Y#rk Chrysler stealership ... before i pick up the car i took the car to enginneered automotive for an inspection and they found that the front rotors was vibrating during braking due to pulsation and the front rotors needs to be replaced and the aligment was off ... i told the salesman i want those 2 things taken care of before i pick up the car ... so last week he called me to pick up the car and he told me those 2 things are done ... it was raining very hard when i pick up my car so i didn't check the car before we took delivery of the car ... i trusted them since they were a stealership and didn't think they would lie to me on something like this (BIG MISTAKE!!!) ... after i pick up my car the brake didn't vibrate cause of the rain and i didn't notice the alignment was off because i just wanted to get home from the rain since this was my first manual car i am not too good at driving it ... so the next day i drove it again the brake was vibrating like crazy!!! i mean crazy!!! my girlfriend can feel something was wrong when i brake and she doesn't know anything about cars and the alignement was still off i had to turn the steering wheels to the left a bit in order to go straight ... i took it back to the dealership and the salesman said both were done (which was obviously a lie since the surface of the front rotor was full of rust ... the car had been on their lot for the winter) ... anyways after constant bitching he said he will take care of it for me ... so today i took the car in again and guess what the service manager test drove with me the tech also test drove with me and both said they can't feel the pulsation which is total BS!!! cause even my gf can feel it just sitting in the passenger seat!!! i didn't even bother argueing about the alignment since they would give me such bs on the brakes which is so noticeable ... anyways i want to know if there is anything i can do besides taking them to small claims court (which i will do if there isn't an easier way)? i am really piss about this cause they are so full of sh*t and i made a big mistake by trusting them and taking delivery of the car whichout checking
LDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:15 AM   #2
Meegis
Banned

I know that dealership, who was the sales person?

Tell them if they do not fix the problems that you will have them fixed elsewhere and the bill will be sent to them.

They shouldn't be messing around like this.
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:45 AM   #3
LDNA
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meegis
I know that dealership, who was the sales person?

Tell them if they do not fix the problems that you will have them fixed elsewhere and the bill will be sent to them.

They shouldn't be messing around like this.
i don't want to name the sales person yet because i not sure if is all his fault or not ... is probably the manager wanting to save money and not do the work since i already took delivery of the car ... i am pretty sure they won't just pay the bill even if i sent it to them ... they said their technician found nothing wrong with the brakes and cannot feel the pulsation so they can't do anything which is bs because even my gf can feel it just sitting in the passenger seat ... i ask them to go with me on the highway many times (is impossible not to be able to feel the vibration braking at highway speed) but they refuse probably because they know the vibration would be so noticeable they can't deny it this is unbelievable ... first the salesman tells me the 2 things i asked for is done and now they tell me they can't find any problem!? so if they can't find any problem how can it be done in the first place? the stupid thing is the manager keep saying the car only have 14000km how can there be problem with the brake ... hello!!! your car had been sitting on the lot since winter the brake surface is all rusted and sh*t ... i had vibrating brakes on my c32 too when i got it with only 7000km at mercedes dealer because it had been sitting in the lot for a while ... i told the salesman about it he gave me a courtesy car right away change the 2 rotors problem solved! i really regret dealing with n#rth y*rk chrysler ... is a shame they are doing business like this because they bought in some nice cars from the states (porsche, bmws) ... i was going to tell my friends about them ... but those stupid b*tches ...they might save a few hundred bucks screwing me ... but they lost me as a customer and i will make sure everyone i know won't do business with them ...

Last edited by LDNA; 05-02-2007 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:22 AM   #4
Meegis
Banned

Well, if you want to make a stink about it, contact OMVIC and see what they recommend doing. Might serve useful in the end.

http://www.omvic.on.ca/
Old 05-02-2007, 08:24 AM   #5
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Take it to a BMW dealership and have them look at the vehicle.
Have the work performed and then got back to Chrysler and ask them to pay for it, if not take them to court.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:38 AM   #6
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
I doubt that would work.

With my experience working at a dealership, I'd suggest taking it up with the General Manager of the dealership. If you are still unsatisfied, then contact OMVIC.

Make sure you mention you're going to contact OMVIC.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:54 AM   #7
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ
I doubt that would work.

With my experience working at a dealership, I'd suggest taking it up with the General Manager of the dealership. If you are still unsatisfied, then contact OMVIC.

Make sure you mention you're going to contact OMVIC.
It does work I had similar problems with BMW dealerships. I had to prove the problem existed. Once that was proven the first dealership refunded me my money.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #8
LDNA
2nd Gear Member

i am going to get the work done at bmw today and have them do a report and see if chrsyler would pay the bill ... if not then i just use it to complain to omvic and small claims court since i have to get the work done anyways since i can't drive on the highway with the brakes like that
Old 05-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #9
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Wait a sec, did you go on a test drive with the tech? If it's as bad as you're saying, they couldn't have ignored it.

Just because there is surface rust on a rotor, doesn't mean they aren't new. It happens to all my cars after it rains, in less than a day.

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:20 AM   #10
JazzM
6th Gear Member

It could just be pad deposit on the rotor. Especially since its a 2006 (less the a year and a half old car). Of course depending on the millage and use, the brake rotors should last quite a bit longer then just 1 year. I'd just get them re-surfaced.

But I agree with you on one thing, that if they agreed to fix the problem then they should fix it. Denying that there is a problem at all just makes them look like idiots at the end.

T.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:41 AM   #11
///Maluco
5erholic

I'd also have the tires checked too just in case since it's been sitting for awhile.

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:28 PM   #12
Seven
Gimme The Keys

Did you get it in writing that they were going to change the rotors and fix the alignment as a condition of the sale? If so, I can't see you having much of a problem convincing them, especailly if you go to higher ups at the dealership, or even Chrysler itself. And if it goes to court, then you have solid evidence, they'd be stupid to waste time with a court case. I had a similar experience when I picked up my car ... except it was the alignment and a ball joint. For both I had to be very specific as to what I was experiencing while driving the car ... being persistant paid off. Word of mouth is important for business, so if they care at all, they'll fix it.

Congrats on the M3 as your first standard car! ... Be nice to the clutch!!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:32 PM   #13
cisco911
6th Gear Member

my question is why is there an 06 M3 at a chrysler dealership??????????????
Old 05-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #14
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
traded in for a viper/crossfire?

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:10 PM   #15
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one
traded in for a viper/crossfire?
This dealer does A LOT of auction cars. I used to maintain their inventory, some very nice cars. It probably wasn't a trade in.

Also, how the hell do you compare a crossfire with a viper?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: