Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #16
JMW
Pole busted to boosted.

thats nuuttsss^^^

Official Team BIMMERSPORTAUTOMOTIVE vehicle owner.
support: thanks to. Bimmersport automotive and audio 2 go (ATG motoring)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid
"i saw your car there when i was there a few weeks ago, looks absolutely stunning man. I think i popped a ****ing boner, that paint looks sick
JMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:34 PM   #17
$500bimmer
6th Gear Member

i love it! ok now what? stretch and play with the right spacers? i know what spacers are.....but stretch? by stretch do you mean pull the fender out?

$500bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:39 PM   #18
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
no stretch tires.

I run stretch on the 540 and the Volvo, dees euro.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:53 PM   #19
$500bimmer
6th Gear Member

oh so just get a tire that isnt wide enough for the rim??

Old 07-27-2006, 07:24 PM   #20
TheMadChigga

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by $500bimmer
oh so just get a tire that isnt wide enough for the rim??
stretching/euro/vip however you look at it started due to these 2 reasons.

1) old tires suck, so the older amateur racers tend to stretch the tires a little to minimize wall flexing.

2) TUV stated that for a car to be safe to operate on the public roads, the tire cannot pass the fenders.

the Euro-style crowd took the 2nd one to the max, i.e. 195/45/16 tire on 16x9 (that's pretty insane in my book) for a Jetta, usually its purely looks, because your wheel actually "pokes out", if you stretch nicely, the car looks just bad ass when drives by, if you poke wrong, you look like those wanna-be low riders.

now, there are some people who SAY its dangerous, its not, if you can mount the tires properly they won't blow out, people who had tires blown out just had bad tires, I've seen people with 205/55/16 Falkens blew out on a 16x7 wheel. If the beads can seat proper, there's no freaking way it'll come off under normal circumstances. And remember, more amateur levels of drifters also use the stretch method to prevent sidewall flex.

To know how much to stretch is important, for example, you want 19x10? I'd run probaly 245/35/19, that'll give you a nice and safe stretch.

I have 17x8.5, and I run 215/45/17, its not that noticeable, but when you look, its a stretch. Also your tires matters too, if you have Azenis RT615/215 you can't stretch, simply cause the sidewall is so stiff, its next to impossible to seat the beads, Kuhmo sucks at stretching, I can tell you that much, Micheline are ok, Continental contact sport 2 is a favorite amount stretch tires, Dunlop FM901 is a popular vote, Toyo T1S is good at stretch, if the tires are meant for the European market, they are good to stretch, but don't buy cheap tires and stretch, they are cheap cause their sidewalls are shit.

stretch is a mroe of style now since tire technology is pretty darn amazing, so some people like them, some don't, most people who love stretch are euro/vip peeps.

on a 318 ti with 17x10.5 and 245/35/17 tires

its not that obvious in this pic, but my all 4 of my wheels poke.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:31 PM   #21
$500bimmer
6th Gear Member

ahhh i love it....i guess you learn something new everyday...but now i got the shop acroos from me thinkin about these wheels.

they are 18x8.....nice wheels but he is going to give me a good deal........but im loving the "poke" look lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 317c.jpg (64.7 KB, 72 views)

Old 07-27-2006, 09:49 PM   #22
TheMadChigga

sometime its hard to explain thru the net, its lot easier to see it in person, we'll meet up and its a lot easier to know just how to get the right look.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: