Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
Xander25
1st Gear Newbie

Post Need Some Help!!!

Ok i have a white 90' 525i thats kinda on the slow side i wanna tune it out to the fullest i just dont know were to start can anyone give me a list or tell me what i need to do to get this car going....
Xander25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #2
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

there's not too much u can do... big car, small motor...

if you do decide to go with forced induction it'll be faster, but you should have really started with a bigger motor especially with that size car...

so what you need to do is find a capable shop that will either A) swap in a V8 or 3.5L six and/or B) turbo or supercharge the V8 or turbo the 3.5L six.

be ready to spend big money to make that car fast.

I wouldn't even wast u'r money on a chip, exhaust, etc for u'r current motor.

That motor is slow in a 3 series, never mind a 5er.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:59 AM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Boost should be the last thing on your mind. You can build up an m50 to 500+ HP, but its just cheaper to swap a 4.0 in and mod/boost that, same results with better reliability and less money spent

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #4
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one
Boost should be the last thing on your mind. You can build up an m50 to 500+ HP
lol
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:48 PM   #5
Furious
BMW again.

+1 @ lol
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:46 AM   #6
propr'one
op sucks cock

ulysses has a m52 putting down 600+ on stock internals. You saying it can't be done?

Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Old 07-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #7
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
ulysses has a m52 putting down 600+ on stock internals. You saying it can't be done?
What does that have to do with anything? The problem is, stock internals will fail after a certain point... Of course it can be done, but going with a forged bottom end will give you the reliability aspect.

and for the record 600+ on stock internals, is definatly NOT on pump gas.

But I'd like to see a list of his setup if you can point me to a site/forum... I did a search for his username on Max but he doesn't exist.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:44 PM   #8
propr'one
op sucks cock

"My car is a 1997 328i.The motor is a 2.8 liter at this time the motor has pushed 635 horse power to the wheels.Getting that power to the ground is another story. The best part is, it is a all stock motor except a m50 manifold and low compression gasket.

635Whp 590Wtq Built and installed By ICS

Engine:Stock 2.8 liter,M50 manifold,550 injectors,Cometic head gasket,Arp head studs

turbo:Gt35/40, ICS custom piping with 4 inch intake,E-boost controller,hks 40mm waste gate,AA exhaust manifold,Spearco intercooler, AA Alcohol/water injection,greddy boost and fuel gauge,aem afr meter,ics custom 3 inch exhaust,greddy turbo timer

Stock Ecu, AA/Ics tuned

Nx express Intercooler spray,DEI co2 fuel and air cooler

Fuel:walbro255 pump,ICS fuel rail,Aeromotive fuel pressure reg.

Trans:M3 5 speed,Clutch masters fx800 dual disc ceramic bronzed clutch,cluth masters light weight flywheel,UUC evo 3 shifter,UUC steel braided clutch line,UUC trany reinforcment bushings and cups,UUC Clutch stop

M3 rear frame,Turner solid frame bushings,turner weld in reinforcment plates,turner solid mono ball trailing arm bushings,UUC Adjustable Rear Control Arms,H&R lowering springs

M3 differential with 3.15 gears

VIS carbon fiber trunk and hood

Kosei 16x7 front
kosei 17x8.5 rear, Nitto drag radials 245/45/17"

www.bmw328turbo.com

and i'll point out

Quote:
You can build up an m50 to 500+ HP, but its just cheaper to swap a 4.0 in and mod/boost that, same results with better reliability and less money spent
i never said anything about running on pump gas

Old 07-08-2006, 07:23 PM   #9
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
the site doesn't work.. or the link is incorrect
Old 07-08-2006, 07:29 PM   #10
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander25
Ok i have a white 90' 525i thats kinda on the slow side i wanna tune it out to the fullest i just dont know were to start can anyone give me a list or tell me what i need to do to get this car going....
Start with a basic tune up first. Before thinkin about mods.
Timing Belt,water pump, Spark Plugs,fuel/air Filter,distributer car/rotor.
Shit lke that.

Last edited by ZiMMie; 07-08-2006 at 08:36 PM.
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #11
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Boost should be the last thing on your mind. You can build up an m50 to 500+ HP
Quote:
I'm confused.
I think they were lol'ing at your first statement about building up a m50 to 500+hp without boost.

Then you said "You saying it can't be done?" and proceeded to prove them wrong with an example...

But the example you used has a boosted engine, and the engine is NOT built up. It's still on stock internals.
I thought you were proving that it can be done naturally aspirated by building the engine up?
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:53 PM   #12
propr'one
op sucks cock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
I'm confused.
I think they were lol'ing at your first statement about building up a m50 to 500+hp without boost.

Then you said "You saying it can't be done?" and proceeded to prove them wrong with an example...

But the example you used has a boosted engine, and the engine is NOT built up. It's still on stock internals.
I thought you were proving that it can be done naturally aspirated by building the engine up?

You're right, i phrased that incorrectly. But since this is in a post in a section called Forced Induction, it can be assumed that the modifications to said engine will involve FI. The biggest gap in what i said is that cardcounters engine is a m52, not an m50, but if i have some time i'll look up a FI m50 that makes those numbers aswell. (AA has tons of m50's on thier site hitting those numbers)

http://www.bmwturbo328.com/ is the correct link, and he puts out 635 WHP on stock internals.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:19 PM   #13
Furious
BMW again.

Quote:
You're right, i phrased that incorrectly. But since this is in a post in a section called Forced Induction, it can be assumed that the modifications to said engine will involve FI. The biggest gap in what i said is that cardcounters engine is a m52, not an m50, but if i have some time i'll look up a FI m50 that makes those numbers aswell. (AA has tons of m50's on thier site hitting those numbers)

http://www.bmwturbo328.com/ is the correct link, and he puts out 635 WHP on stock internals.
cardcounters car is impressive, but lets look at it like this its 635 on race gas and stock internals plus countless headgaskets, and studs. if you can afford to have to pull the engine apart and change the HG than thats all and well but almost all of us cant afford that either it being downtime or cost.

the way you did phrase it was like you ment build up as in NA, on boost you can make any engine run big numbers but for how long and how reliable? its not a good example, impressive example, but not a good one.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:42 PM   #14
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
As a note, the 328 engine (M52B28) has a forged crank, stock. The hardest part so I've heard is keeping the head sealed to the block (blowing gaskets, head distortion, etc)
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:18 AM   #15
propr'one
op sucks cock

Mark, i'll point out yet again, that i was talking about what COULD be done, not what SHOULD be done, and that i posted that there are more effective alternatives that are both cheaper and more reliable.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: