Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #1
spd
1st Gear Newbie

Need Help Water Leakage in Cabine

Hello all,

After the hard raining in this 2 days, I found out that I had a water leakage in my car. Does any E46 owners experience the same thing? It's on the passenger side, it shock me that I the whole carpet is soaking wet. I tested out with a hose, and I found out that the water is coming in at the bottom of the door near the speaker. My speaker is working fine, so I am confuse to know where the hell could the water directed to the cabine, does anyone know any shop that can help me without charging me arms and legs.

Thanks,
spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 11:39 PM   #2
X5HogTown
Goin' Diesel

Sure it's not a lose condensation pipe on the A/C? This happened to my old 5 series a while back. The carpet (& sound deadener) was soaked front and back on the passenger side. It sat at BMW for a week in pieces in order to dry out.
X5HogTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
spd
1st Gear Newbie

No, I definitely tested out, it sure coming from the door.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #4
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
if you have a sunroof, it has 4 drain hoses.. one in each corner. It runs down the A and C pillars. At the bottom the water from the windshield also runs behind that front fender. There are drain holes at the bottom of the car to allow water to pass through.

My guesses are:

a) sunroof hose is clogged or has come loose
b) the drain holes at the bottom of the car have been clogged. Sometimes people clogged these holes unintionally when undercoating the car, leading to the same problem you describe.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:38 PM   #5
spd
1st Gear Newbie

Justin,

Thank you for your advise, I think it has to be a clog in one of the drainage, so, please advise how can I rectify it.

Thank You!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 05:38 PM   #6
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
The first thing to do is remove the headliner, and check that all the drain hoses are still attached to the sunroof cartridge... do your water test again and see if it's leaking up there.

If not, then remove the kick panel where it's leaking and check the other side of the drain hose and drain hole for any clogs as well. The hose wouldn't leak in the middle.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:26 PM   #7
spd
1st Gear Newbie

Hello Justin,

Thanks for your advise, and I will check it out. I hope it is a easy fix.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: