Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Private Classifieds Feedback
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-27-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
BM4ever
Power seller

Thumbs down beware of WHITEGOLF

Bought tires from his phoney he claimed they were all good and sound, put them on, and was up for a surprise next morning TIRE WAS FLAT..
So I called him and waited 2 days for a respone cause I didn't know what he would have suggested give me a new tire or refund me the cash I had spent to patch it up, I even went out to purchase a portible pump. So he called me and said to go ahead and fix it, little did I know he was not going to refund me the $$.

The good news was that one of the tires had a rim on it, that I promised to return to him once I installed the tires. So we met up he anxiously asked me for his rim back and so I asked for my cash he refused to pay since he said to patch the tire does not cost $25. I told him that he can go to the shop and ask how much I really paid. Anywayz I paid $25 to take it off repaire it and an additional $10 to take his rim off though I never charged him for that.. So the situation turned ugly and I never returned his rim back and will have to sell it to make my $$ back..

Beware, I should of known better since this guy has like 10 sets of tires in his basement selling them the same way. Anyone else had this problem with this guy??
BM4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:19 AM   #2
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
thanks for the info always good to have someone post up about these kinds.. people.... i just don't understand how you can sell something to someone like that.....

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:06 PM   #3
BimmerBlonde
2nd Gear Member

^^yeah especially to a fellow max member, guys like that deserve to get banned
BimmerBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:00 PM   #4
BimmerboyPH
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBlonde
^^yeah especially to a fellow max member, guys like that deserve to get banned
I agree they should be banned.
BimmerboyPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:04 PM   #5
BM4ever
Power seller

Ban
Old 06-29-2006, 01:26 PM   #6
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Could it not be a coincidence that the tire failed the next day? Probably not. Yea I agree, BAN!!! I like to think this is a community I can trust and would always buy off a member rather than someone else.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:51 PM   #7
bimmerm5
2nd Gear Member

I agree he should be banned.
bimmerm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:35 PM   #8
roxy9

25 bucks to get a tire fixed? damn ive had 3 flats this year and the place i take it to has never charged me once!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:40 PM   #9
Soldo
6th Gear Member

First of all.... your buying USED CAR PARTS, secondly your buying a USED TIRE. You can buy a brand NEW tire and have it go flat the next day, they won't refund you your money!

I'm sorry, i'm just trying to understand both sides of the story, perhaps you both didn't handle it well. But this is the risk in buying used car parts!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:52 PM   #10
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

So you had the tire patched, did you see where it was leaking from? was it a nail? or valve leak etc.

You could have picked up the nail on ur way home from getting them installed.

Did you inspect the tires for any nails before you bought them? Are you for certain it was there when you bought them? Is it not possible that he had no knowledge that the tire was going to go flat the next morning after you had them installed?

I'd be sure before i go accusing someone of something.
HOw much did you pay for the tire? if you only paid a few bucks how do you expect him to refund your money, he should just take back the one tire.

Either way, you cheapped out and bought used tires, $25 patch is a minor setback.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:08 PM   #11
BM4ever
Power seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30
So you had the tire patched, did you see where it was leaking from? was it a nail? or valve leak etc.

You could have picked up the nail on ur way home from getting them installed.

Did you inspect the tires for any nails before you bought them? Are you for certain it was there when you bought them? Is it not possible that he had no knowledge that the tire was going to go flat the next morning after you had them installed?

I'd be sure before i go accusing someone of something.
HOw much did you pay for the tire? if you only paid a few bucks how do you expect him to refund your money, he should just take back the one tire.

Either way, you cheapped out and bought used tires, $25 patch is a minor setback.
Certainly it could of happen on the way back home after I installed it I mean the shop was just 3 minutes from my house, but then I scratched my head when we took out 3 nails from the tire though only 1 of them has gone through. Whether I'm cheap or not has nothing to do with it the tires were decent and I trusted him.

Does not matter how much I paid whether it was 10 or 100 I bought them expecting no problems just as he said, and giving me back the money is the least he could do after all I had to go out purchsed a pump cause I didn't know what he would have suggested as I mentioned initially and pump the bloody tire every 8 hours for 3 days...
Old 06-29-2006, 11:35 PM   #12
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Yeah it sucks when people rip you off eh adam? like mabye selling you rims/tires that dont fit your car

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:13 AM   #13
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldo
First of all.... your buying USED CAR PARTS, secondly your buying a USED TIRE. You can buy a brand NEW tire and have it go flat the next day, they won't refund you your money!

I'm sorry, i'm just trying to understand both sides of the story, perhaps you both didn't handle it well. But this is the risk in buying used car parts!
I agree to a point but what pisses me off is when someone says something is "MINT" but when you get it it's falling appart. Not saying that's what happened here even though the thread starter said it did but if someone says the condidion is top notch then it damn well should be used or not.
R_JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:31 AM   #14
Soldo
6th Gear Member

But i assume that its common knowledge when buying USED CAR PARTS that its always BUYER BEWARE.... if your buying rims/tires, look at the product your buying. Inspect the tire BEFORE YOU HAND SOMEONE the cash to make sure that there are no defects and the product being sold was as described!

But i do agree that false advertising is a piss off as well
Old 06-30-2006, 02:17 PM   #15
Hamann3
Go big or go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM4ever
Certainly it could of happen on the way back home after I installed it I mean the shop was just 3 minutes from my house, but then I scratched my head when we took out 3 nails from the tire though only 1 of them has gone through. Whether I'm cheap or not has nothing to do with it the tires were decent and I trusted him.

Does not matter how much I paid whether it was 10 or 100 I bought them expecting no problems just as he said, and giving me back the money is the least he could do after all I had to go out purchsed a pump cause I didn't know what he would have suggested as I mentioned initially and pump the bloody tire every 8 hours for 3 days...
You waited 3 days??? Your too nice I would off patched it, without his permisson and then charge back
I say BAN WHITEGOLF
Hamann3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: