Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Videos and Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-24-2006, 11:36 PM   #1
X5HogTown
Goin' Diesel

How to kill yourself in a SUV...

Steering back onto the highway at a high rate of speed kills.

CNN
Old 05-24-2006, 11:51 PM   #2
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

ouch...looks like the tires caught gravel or some sort of dirt that caused it to loose traction and then boom
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 02:27 AM   #3
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

"ouch" indeed

lots of people die every year doing that: swerving from idiots, deer, etc/
I think he Overreacted, tried a sports car move in a SUV!

the suv should've just hit that car.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:20 PM   #4
BMW_Ryan
2nd Gear Member

I saw that story on the news last night. It was a 28 yar old woman in the SUV and she just noticed the car coming over and reacted quickly. Obviously it wasn't the right reaction, and despite the horrific rollover(s), she survived. I've had an asshole or two almost drift into me. I hit the brakes in my situations, maybe that would have been better. She would have maybe gotten clipped and not rolled?

Last edited by BMW_Ryan; 05-25-2006 at 02:47 PM.
BMW_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:15 PM   #5
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro
"ouch" indeed

lots of people die every year doing that: swerving from idiots, deer, etc/
I think he Overreacted, tried a sports car move in a SUV!

the suv should've just hit that car.
She did not overract there, she did what 99% of us would do.
When people swerve away, it is due to a reflex. You dont even think about it, you just do it.

What's sad, the person who caused the accident didn't even pull over.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:22 PM   #6
JPBimmer
Who Got Keys To Bimmaz?

Send a message via MSN to JPBimmer
the person who caused the accident forgot to look beside him when changin lanes...
moron!

Quote:
eh bro why dont we cruise down to palatzo in my honda civic bro... ** followed by a giant glow stick battle as if were living inf ucking star wars or something...McMattMan ROFL
JPBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:30 AM   #7
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
She did not overract there, she did what 99% of us would do.
When people swerve away, it is due to a reflex. You dont even think about it, you just do it.

What's sad, the person who caused the accident didn't even pull over.
I'd think 99% of us would have slammed on the breaks and let them over which she never did. At least that was the reflex action I did today on the hyway with this exact scenario with out the roll over/carnage & debris...

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 06:20 AM   #8
bimmer_02
Picture Me Rollin'

i think i would'v did the same... but now that i saw this clip, im gona stay on the gravel after i get on it Cuz no way the brakes will be responsive enough at the speed.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:20 AM   #9
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrie
I'd think 99% of us would have slammed on the breaks and let them over which she never did. At least that was the reflex action I did today on the hyway with this exact scenario with out the roll over/carnage & debris...
Please, you hit the brakes and swerve.
Ive been cut off many times.
Once so badly, I got off the road drove through the sidewalk, and almost crashed into a fence.
Good thing there were no pedestrians on the sidewalk.

So yeah, I doubt if anyone cut you off, or didnt see you while changing lanes you didnt try to swerve away from the car.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 08:02 AM   #10
jeffrie
Addict

Geuss I'm the 1%.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:48 AM   #11
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

It depends on the scenario, she saw the car merging into her lane( the car obviously never checked their blindspot) and reacted by swerving...this could happen to anybody, also she could have hit the brakes, or do what I did and try to speed up..

This happened to me last year, I never swerved(the guys nose was at the back of my drivers door) so I tried to spped up and he still hit me.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...light=accident

It burns my a$$ when these people don't check their blind spots, especially on a 3+ lane highway...

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:53 PM   #12
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

Just be aware of people around you.

I've had this happen to me so many times, driving a car, and on my bike. I just lay on the horn, except with the bike where I can move over the entire lane and accellerate away. I had one time where the car was so close I punched the guy's windshield.

But just keep in mind, if you don't hit them, they will drive off while you have yourself a single car accident. Since you drive a souped up car, everyone will automatically assume you were street racing, the cops will give you a careless, and your insurance would screw you over.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:30 AM   #13
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ti Compact
Just be aware of people around you.

I've had this happen to me so many times, driving a car, and on my bike. I just lay on the horn, except with the bike where I can move over the entire lane and accellerate away. I had one time where the car was so close I punched the guy's windshield.

But just keep in mind, if you don't hit them, they will drive off while you have yourself a single car accident. Since you drive a souped up car, everyone will automatically assume you were street racing, the cops will give you a careless, and your insurance would screw you over.
Good point, especialy with all the lovly non-alert cellphone users who do this to others on a daily basis (I know no-one who this hasn't happed to). Maybe if startled enough times via horn or a crack on their window the'll smarten up.

Old 06-17-2006, 03:36 PM   #14
DriveItSideways
Banned

aww the vid is gone i wanna see this
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: