Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-19-2006, 08:17 PM   #1
Shock(/\)ave
3rd Gear Member

Wink First Post & Pictures Of 1994 M3 Euro-Spec # 1

I'm a regular on bimmerforums.com (I have the same user name on that forum), and I was led here by another forum member, XI JR IX, who by no coincidence just had a ride in my new car tonight.

I like the idea of a more local forum to supplement bimmerforums, so I'll be spending some of my time here now.

I've loved the E36 M3 since I was 16, and I still think it's the best modern body style BMW have come up with yet... a true classic. I find the E46 M3 takes too much of the driving experience of away from you, and the E30 M3 will be a car I add to the stable once I get enough garage space to do so.

Anyway, for the last three years I've been consumed with a madness that seemed impossible to cure: I wanted to find a mint condition, low mileage '94 M3 Euro-Spec. Considering there were only 45 of them to start with, and many had been totalled or driven as they were intended, it was a punishing aspiration.

To make a long story short, I got VERY lucky and wound up with # 1 of 45.

I took some quick pictures right after I got it, and will take better ones once it's been detailed properly and I take it out to a good place to shoot.

You can see my daily in the background. It's a '93 325iS with the only ultramarine blue sport leather interior in North America. I have a knack of finding weird cars...

The interior was special ordered from the factory with body colour matching leather trim. The car currently has 77,650 km on it.

The beast... no other engine compares to the sound this thing makes - not even the one in the E46 M3.

The engine bay was never detailed, and it's EXTREMELY clean.

It's pretty much the ultimate E36, and I LOVE the car.

I'll post more details and newer pictures when I get the chance.
Shock(/\)ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:42 PM   #2
Ant118
BmwAviator

Didnt Randy's dad own that car before?

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Ant118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:52 PM   #3
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Yeah, my dad had that car for a few years. I logged many KM's in it. Nice ride you got there!

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:03 PM   #4
Shock(/\)ave
3rd Gear Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD
Yeah, my dad had that car for a few years. I logged many KM's in it. Nice ride you got there!

Really?! How did he end up with it? When and why did he sell it?

What can you tell me about it?

Was it ever tracked? Did your dad have any of the panels repainted? What happened to the clear tails and corners? Was it garaged in the winter? How'd you like driving it?
Old 05-19-2006, 09:38 PM   #5
KaschmirBeige3
Comfortably Numb

Send a message via AIM to KaschmirBeige3
Nice buy. I LOVE that interior . Drive it in good health!
Old 05-19-2006, 09:56 PM   #6
Soldo
6th Gear Member

WOW.... thats engine bay is VERY different than your regular E36 bay!

Such a gorgeous car!
Old 05-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #7
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock(/\)ave
Really?! How did he end up with it? When and why did he sell it?

What can you tell me about it?

Was it ever tracked? Did your dad have any of the panels repainted? What happened to the clear tails and corners? Was it garaged in the winter? How'd you like driving it?
My father bought that car from Chuck's Auto about 6 years ago. The original purchaser was the owner of Beach BMW (back in '94). My dad traded it at Autoforum for a Porsche C2 back in '04. Autoforum had the car for a few months, then sold it. To my knowledge, the car was never tracked (except for the odd autocross I competed in - pic below)... my father is 74yrs old . The clear lights were purchased (and removed/sold) by myself... along with a custom made Brullen cat-back exhaust (maXmember qwk325 purchased it). Interestingly, the #1 (of 32) 1995 M540i was also Daytona Violet (I knew the owner back when my dad had the E36). Here's an old maX link to another thread on your car.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:14 PM   #8
Shock(/\)ave
3rd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD
My father bought that car from Chuck's Auto about 6 years ago. The original purchaser was the owner of Beach BMW (back in '94). My dad traded it at Autoforum for a Porsche C2 back in '04. Autoforum had the car for a few months, then sold it. To my knowledge, the car was never tracked (except for the odd autocross I competed in - pic below)... my father is 74yrs old . The clear lights were purchased (and removed/sold) by myself... along with a custom made Brullen cat-back exhaust (maXmember qwk325 purchased it). Interestingly, the #1 (of 32) 1995 M540i was also Daytona Violet (I knew the owner back when my dad had the E36). Here's an old maX link to another thread on your car.

Awesome, thanks a lot for that information! I can tell the car was extremely well looked after by the previous owners, but it's always good to get as much information as possible when presented with the opportunity.

For a guy like me who loves older M cars, and the E36 M3 in particular, owning this is thing is a dream come true!

If there are any meets in the Toronto area you just might be able to take another look at it, too.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:22 PM   #9
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

That is a very sweet car, you are very lucky
Old 05-19-2006, 11:53 PM   #10
XI JR IX
1st BMW

Send a message via MSN to XI JR IX
welcome to the forum =)

I checked out this car today in person and he took me for a ride. Wow.. what a car! the car seems to have a lot of power behind it and it was a nice ride.. handles great around corners 2..
XI JR IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 02:07 AM   #11
Ant118
BmwAviator

COME TO THE MEETS IN WOODBRIDGE, lol

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Ant118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 03:33 AM   #12
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Welcome to maXbimmer. Before long you'll be spending more and more time here, and less and less time over at bimmerforums.

There are around 5 members on here who have some of the euro-spec M3's here in Toronto. One of which is the mechanic Charlie at Bimmersport Automotive. (one of our sponsors, click the 'sponsors' link at the top for more information.) So if you need your vehicle serviced, it would be a good idea to get it done by a mechanic who also owns a euro-spec.

We have a lot of meets here in Toronto. A weekly meet every Friday in Woodbridge, and every month we have a cruise / larger meet... sometimes with well over 50 BMW's, I believe we've edged on the 100 car range before. Check our videos out for more details, and our 'Official Meets' section for information on attending. Tomorrow is actually our Wasaga cruise, it would be an awesome opportunity for you to meet many of the members... though it may be short notice.

And last, you've got a beautiful car there... keep it clean. I'd like to see that ultramarine blue interior... as there was another member on here who had a blue leather interior. There was also someone I met a few years back at a Shell gas station in Rexdale a while back who had a blue leather interior too.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:25 AM   #13
E46er
Classifieds Moderator

Nice car! Charlie @ Bimmersport has #41.... what a beast.
E46er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:15 AM   #14
johnoz
/OO=[][]=OO\

How much and post your address please...
johnoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:53 AM   #15
Shock(/\)ave
3rd Gear Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant118
COME TO THE MEETS IN WOODBRIDGE, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Welcome to maXbimmer. Before long you'll be spending more and more time here, and less and less time over at bimmerforums.

There are around 5 members on here who have some of the euro-spec M3's here in Toronto. One of which is the mechanic Charlie at Bimmersport Automotive. (one of our sponsors, click the 'sponsors' link at the top for more information.) So if you need your vehicle serviced, it would be a good idea to get it done by a mechanic who also owns a euro-spec.

We have a lot of meets here in Toronto. A weekly meet every Friday in Woodbridge, and every month we have a cruise / larger meet... sometimes with well over 50 BMW's, I believe we've edged on the 100 car range before. Check our videos out for more details, and our 'Official Meets' section for information on attending. Tomorrow is actually our Wasaga cruise, it would be an awesome opportunity for you to meet many of the members... though it may be short notice.

And last, you've got a beautiful car there... keep it clean. I'd like to see that ultramarine blue interior... as there was another member on here who had a blue leather interior. There was also someone I met a few years back at a Shell gas station in Rexdale a while back who had a blue leather interior too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46er
Nice car! Charlie @ Bimmersport has #41.... what a beast.
Those larger monthly cruises sound like fun! I have a lot of work to do detailing the car, but once I'm done I'll definitely check one out.

Thanks for the information about Charlie's car. I'm trying to find out as much as I can about the other 45 cars, and I'll be starting a thread about that in the E36 subforum very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnoz
How much and post your address please...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: