Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-17-2006, 11:12 PM   #1
ImolaMZ3
2nd Gear Member

M-tech rear bumper with blackline lights

Well, all the repairs are done and the first round of mods are complete. So far I think it looks great. The blacklines really make a difference in the overall look. I almost did a complete M-tech kit but just couldn't warm up to the front and side skirts looked to close to stock. I did have the grey insert painted body color, black saphire, as I ponder spending the extra for the carbon fiber or wait for the ACS insert. For the front I bought a pair of the replica carbon fiber lips off of this site and had them fitted to the front. For now I have a set of 330 chrome grills installed as the old grills get the surrounds painted body color. When they are done I will keep whichever I like best. Now for wheels.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear mtech vsm.jpg (94.2 KB, 368 views)
File Type: jpg front vsm low.jpg (80.9 KB, 335 views)
ImolaMZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:28 AM   #2
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
I love it... post up a side shot!
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:46 PM   #3
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
i love those tails. car is looking sweet. ya, definitly need a side and angle shot.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:22 AM   #4
XI JR IX
1st BMW

Send a message via MSN to XI JR IX
looks good.. =) pics are really dark and hard to see though..
XI JR IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:47 PM   #5
ImolaMZ3
2nd Gear Member

I'll post some new pics on the weekend. I use a brand new camera and was playing with the exposure settings. A little too dark as you said. I'll take some overall and side shots.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:23 PM   #6
XI JR IX
1st BMW

Send a message via MSN to XI JR IX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImolaMZ3
I'll post some new pics on the weekend. I use a brand new camera and was playing with the exposure settings. A little too dark as you said. I'll take some overall and side shots.
no worries hehe =) my pics sucked when I took some shots.. I've gotta get on that..

Who did the install/paint work on this??
XI JR IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:57 PM   #7
Gamite

sick.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:45 AM   #8
ImolaMZ3
2nd Gear Member

Budd's Collision in Oakville did all the work. They did an amazing job but they are not cheap. One walk through their shop and you will understand why.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:45 PM   #9
ImolaMZ3
2nd Gear Member

More photos. Still not great shots but they are from further back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frntsml.jpg (127.9 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg rear2sml.jpg (122.6 KB, 221 views)
Old 06-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #10
canucklion
1st Gear Newbie

hey, nice blacklines, where and how much did you get it for? I'm thinking of ordering from US as they're about 180USD + shipping nowadays, but am worried about custom fees and crap.
canucklion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #11
ImolaMZ3
2nd Gear Member

I got the blacklines locally at Budds. Paid $300CDN as I didn't want to deal with customs. When I ordered mine they were still asking over $200 US but I think I still would have gotten them locally. I did get my carbon fiber front lip from the US but the price there was $300 vs over a $1,000 here. Yeah they are replicas but you would never know it. I am thinking about getting a carbon fiber rear spoiler from the US as it soooo much less there.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:39 PM   #12
canucklion
1st Gear Newbie

I agree, we're being ass raped big time with the CDN MSRP on everything. I'm looking into the CF replica lip as well, it's rediculous the asking price here in Canada. btw they look nice on your ride.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:18 PM   #13
ImolaMZ3
2nd Gear Member

I can lead you to the guy I got mine from. It worked out really well but I don't know if he has any more CF ones left. I know there is a GB going on in E90post.com for fiberglass versions you can paint. If you are thinking of buying anything from Morrsiontown BMW give me a PM. We could save on shipping if we brought it all in together. BTW, those lips cover a nasty dent in the front lip
Old 06-25-2006, 10:56 PM   #14
canucklion
1st Gear Newbie

haha, yeah, I'm a member over at E90post as well, same name. I'm still undecided whether to get the lip or the Kerscher bumper ($$, but I really like it).

re. Morrisontown, I actually am thinking of getting the blackline from them, funny though, last time I emailed them via their ebay auction, they told me they don't ship to Canada.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:55 AM   #15
ImolaMZ3
2nd Gear Member

My name on E90post is BLK325. I really should choose a name not related to the car I have at the time. Anyway, I didn't know about Morristown not shipping to Canada. That kinda sucks but it may be worth trying again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: