Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-14-2006, 11:02 PM   #1
Bimmerized
In BMW We Trust!

Send a message via MSN to Bimmerized
Newbie to the forum!!

Hi everyone, just wanted to say hi to all of you, and thank you for this great forum here!

I own a 1995 325I, and I need an engine for it, any good place in SW Ontario, other than scrapyards?

Any advice appreciated!!

Once again thanks, and keep up the great work!!!
Bimmerized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:39 PM   #2
JPBimmer
Who Got Keys To Bimmaz?

Send a message via MSN to JPBimmer
Hey Bimmerized and welcome to Maxbimmer!
Car looks great! Sent a PM to Maxbimmer User
"Temp" aka Bruce He usualy has engines kickin around!

Quote:
eh bro why dont we cruise down to palatzo in my honda civic bro... ** followed by a giant glow stick battle as if were living inf ucking star wars or something...McMattMan ROFL
JPBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:03 AM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
You looking to upgrade to a m3 engine? or you want another 325 engine? or you wanna rebuild your m50?

for m3 parts (and probably 325 stock parts) -> temp aka bruce like JP said

if you're gonna opt for a rebuild, i'd recommend RMPmotors (www.rmpmotors.com)

it might be worth upgrading to an s50 at this point though. you should probably post what's wrong with your motor

btw, welcome

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 01:17 AM   #4
$500bimmer
6th Gear Member

TEMP bruce is a good guy he will help ya out

$500bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:20 AM   #5
Bimmerized
In BMW We Trust!

As you all may know there were instances where people miss shifted on e36's.
Well, I am usually very carefull, but one night it wore out, and I lost it racing with a buddy of mine, and I miss shifted.....OUCHHHH

Yeah I went from 3rd to second, and I was prolly doing about 130 on third......I know it sucks, I drive good, never had any problems, but nobody can call themselves good drivers when this happens, LOL

So my engine now has no compression on one of the cylinders, and considering this engine was already worked on (head gasket) from the previous owner, I would really love to replace it now.

Like it still runs, no check engine or overheat or anything, it just vibrates due to only working on 5 cylinders I guess, at least this is what my machanis are saying. They mesaured the compression, and they all told me that the valves are bent, and the thing that goes up and down that turns the crank, whatever it's called, cylinder I guess, it's bent as well.

I have $2500 to about $3000 max that I can spend on this, and with a little research that I have done, within this price range, I can only go with a 325 M50 engine, parts and labour, considering I will put a new clutch while I am at it.

I will contact those guys recommended, and if I could put an m3 engine I would prolly be able to squezee another $500, but I dont think that'll be enough.......and I really need my car, it's my daily....

I found an M50 engine for 1200 cad with about 110k in Hamilton, is that to high?, and/or will I be able to put an M3 (which is like a dream to me LOL) with the money I have? Like getting an M3 engine is not a biggie I guess, but what about the OBD conversion, and the DME, or any wiring if there is any required?

The best would be to find someone that does this, gives you the price, and completes the job. Like let say someone that will do the conversion for me, top to bottom, find the engine, do it up, and ask for the bills, this way I could even prolly get a loan or something, cus it would really rock if I could put an S50 or S52 engine on my baby......So is there someone that does all this, any shop, or a private person?

Once again guys, I know that no question is a dumb question, but pardon my lack of knowledge in mechanical field......and any advice would be more than appreciated......I thank you all!!!

Last edited by Bimmerized; 05-15-2006 at 03:27 AM.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:40 AM   #6
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
I highly recommend you give these shops a call, tell them your budget and ask what your options are... I'm sure you could do a bit more than just an engine swap + clutch on your budget. They may even have engines already waiting for you...

and

Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:51 AM   #7
BennyL
7th Gear Member

i know for fact that Rocco @ RMP will be glad to help you out. hes a great guy.

My Ride: E36 318 Convertible - Black Ext. Peanutbutter Int.
BennyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:11 PM   #8
Bimmerized
In BMW We Trust!

Yeah talked to Rocco, and he is looking for an s52 engine right now.
I also PM "maxbimmer temp" and I am awaiting his pm back.

The difference in price though is almost double to go with an s52 engine.

Also the other guy, at bimmersport automotive, he is suggesting to rebuild my current engine if I want to stay with an M50 rather than replacing it with another used one, which makes sense, because my M50 is got a new head gasket, new vanos, new lifters and all that.....(it was somewhat rebuilt almost from the previous owner)

But I would very much LOVE to put an s52, so I am doing some research right now for money LOL

Thanks so much guys!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 03:02 PM   #9
mirek
6th Gear Member

Charlie (bimmersport) know's what he's talking about. The only guy in Toronto that i'd trust working on my car. If you take it to him, you can sleep easy knowing you car will be fixed properly and you wont get ripped off.
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:20 PM   #10
Bimmerized
In BMW We Trust!

Charlie or whatever his name was, at bimmersport sounded convincing, and he was cheaper than the others as well.........so I think I will deal with him once I decide s52 (a lot of money) or M50 (rebuild and cheap).......
Old 05-15-2006, 03:22 PM   #11
JMW
Pole busted to boosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirek
Charlie (bimmersport) know's what he's talking about. The only guy in Toronto that i'd trust working on my car. If you take it to him, you can sleep easy knowing you car will be fixed properly and you wont get ripped off.

i agree he does all the work on my car...for a GREAT price...does it fast..and right
so u dont have to worry about it later

-neil

Official Team BIMMERSPORTAUTOMOTIVE vehicle owner.
support: thanks to. Bimmersport automotive and audio 2 go (ATG motoring)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid
"i saw your car there when i was there a few weeks ago, looks absolutely stunning man. I think i popped a ****ing boner, that paint looks sick
JMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:41 PM   #12
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
Welcome to max!

I would recommend going to see Charlie he does great work and his prices are always cheep! He always does great work for me.
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:44 PM   #13
mirek
6th Gear Member

If i was a chick i'd marry charlie..
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:41 PM   #14
cisco911
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirek
If i was a chick i'd marry charlie..
LOL....your just be looking for free labour to work on your car....lol
Old 05-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #15
JPBimmer
Who Got Keys To Bimmaz?

Send a message via MSN to JPBimmer
nothings free
but yea Charlie is great and im sure Rocco is also just as great..
But I wouldn't take it to anyone else besides those 2

Quote:
eh bro why dont we cruise down to palatzo in my honda civic bro... ** followed by a giant glow stick battle as if were living inf ucking star wars or something...McMattMan ROFL
JPBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: