Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-13-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
phildc
2nd Gear Member

1999 323i with 70k

Hello,

Can anyone give me a ballpark price on a 1999 323i 5spd with 70k on it? Wholesale or retail ?

It's pretty much a barebones model. It does NOT have any of the following such as alloy rims, sunroof, heated seats, cruise control, Xenon lights, sport suspension.

Thanks,
Phil
phildc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:40 PM   #2
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

e46 323 - RUN

pre 2001 = RUN

honestly man, i'd stay far away from these cars. If, and ONLY if you have the COMPLETE history, and you have an EXCELLENT mechanic look over one for you, would i consider this car. as for pricing, about 15K, mabye more for the low KM"s. in my (limited) experience, base model over fully loaded doesn't really affect resale so much. My 328 was priced cheaper than other 328's on the market, and mine's sport package loaded, others had similar a KM's but different options.

Save the few $$$ more, buy a 2001 325/320, and be happy

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #3
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one
RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

e46 323 - RUN

pre 2001 = RUN

honestly man, i'd stay far away from these cars. If, and ONLY if you have the COMPLETE history, and you have an EXCELLENT mechanic look over one for you, would i consider this car. as for pricing, about 15K, mabye more for the low KM"s. in my (limited) experience, base model over fully loaded doesn't really affect resale so much. My 328 was priced cheaper than other 328's on the market, and mine's sport package loaded, others had similar a KM's but different options.

Save the few $$$ more, buy a 2001 325/320, and be happy
u mean 330

and i couldn't agree more with proprone.....not only do the early e46s have electrical gremlins and whatnot, most of ones in the trader are GROSSLY overpriced....ridiculous i tells ya!....99' 323s going for ABOVE 21k

save up and get an 01+(possibly even 02+ ) e46
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:05 AM   #4
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

Here we go again. The 99 and 00 E46 is turning into the 92 E36. I honestly wouldn't tell someone to run. You have to remember that these cars are 7 years old and parts wear out. If the PO took care of the car then you shouldn't have any problems. I myself own a 00 E46 that I bought from a close friend. Car was mainly highway driven and dealer serviced with records. The milage is much higher than the one you're looking at but I didn't hesitate. 330/325's are great cars but I wouldn't be quick to say they won't give you any trouble. Spend some time over at E46 Fanatics and see how many people are now starting to complain about this and that going wrong as they're getting older.
Bottom line is that you gamble with any used car you buy. Doesn't matter if it's a 92 or an 02. Some are taken care of and some are beaten on. Good luck with the search and remember to have the car checked by yuor mechanic or BMW before you buy.
R_JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 03:11 PM   #5
Crazy4Banger
3rd Gear Member

I was considering a 2000 323i, I did research on a lot forums. What I found was many problems with 99 and 2000 model, currently don't have enough $$ for a 2001 325i.
Crazy4Banger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: